Using CEC to turn on/off WizTV

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ron_f
On probation

Using CEC to turn on/off WizTV

Post by ron_f » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20

I successfully connected my WizTV to my T4 yesterday. I also managed to get my Logitech Harmony programmed up with the WizTV as a device.
My only difficulty is that it appears that WizTV does not support discrete power on / power off and only uses a 'power toggle' function.
This can be a nuisance when trying to automate with the Harmony, as inevitably the device will get out of step with the remote as far as power status is concerned.
My question is whether CEC can be used to turn on the WizTV when the T4 is switched to HDMI IN? Does CEC work on the HDMI input as well?

Incidentally, I could not find a discrete command to switch the T4 to HDMI IN. Currently, I am setting the T4 to Channel 1 and then sending a 'Channel Down' command.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Using CEC to turn on/off WizTV

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 15:46

ron_f wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20
Incidentally, I could not find a discrete command to switch the T4 to HDMI IN. Currently, I am setting the T4 to Channel 1 and then sending a 'Channel Down' command.
It sounds like you don't have a Favourites bouquet configured? I am assuming from this description that you are using the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet.

If you set up a favourites bouquet, you can add the HDMI-IN as a normal service and it will be assigned a channel number that you can use to switch directly to.

However, setting up a Favourites bouquet might be somewhat complicated if you were really intent on maintaining the services with their broadcast LCNs. You can configure the Favourites bouquet to follow LCN numbering, but you must do that via the Web Interface, or directly with a text editor if you are feeling more brave.

The U4 has a discrete code for the HDMI-IN called "WizTV", but the T4 does not support it unfortunately.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

ron_f
On probation

Post by ron_f » Thu Aug 16, 2018 17:34

Thanks MrQuade....

I had a look on the web interface at the Bouquet Editor and it turns out that the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet has HDMI IN as channel 308. Will check it out later tonight.

Cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:27

ron_f wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 17:34
I had a look on the web interface at the Bouquet Editor and it turns out that the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet has HDMI IN as channel 308. Will check it out later tonight.
Depending on how many duplicate services you have in your area, the HDMI-IN channel number can vary (all duplicates are placed at numbers 300+ and will appear before HDMI-IN).

If you maintain your own Favourites list, then you can have some more control over what channel number it will appear on.

Also note, that you should definitely not edit the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet, or risk causing problems. By all means, copy services out of Terrestrial into your Favourites or other self-created bouquests, but never move or delete services from any of the system-populated ones.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “WIZTV Smart HDMI Dongle”