IOS app doesn't handle Movie sub-directories

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Chuckles
Master

IOS app doesn't handle Movie sub-directories

Post by Chuckles » Tue Sep 01, 2015 19:04

Sorry for the cross-post, but now that we have a dedicated sub-forum for the apps...

(Note: apparently the Android apps suffers from the same issue vis-a-vis not being able to see or navigate into subdirectories)

One problem I've encountered - if you've created directories to file recordings under, they don't appear to visible or navigable within the App.

I.e. "Recordings" shows the recordings in /media/hdd/movie but doesn't show any directories therein, nor allow you to specify or navigate to a different directory.

Has anybody found a way to do this?

Perhaps even more interesting:
Yesterday, I had a recording which was in /media/hdd/movies and was visible to the app.
Yesterday I subsequently created a subdirectory and moved it (and some other associated recordings) into that new subdirectory.
Today, within the app, the subdirectory is not visible, but the recording is, ostensibly in /media/hdd/movies.
Attempting to play that recording results (not unexpectedly) in a dialog with "Player error Sorry! Cannot play the stream :( Check your STB Configuration"

Force closing the app and restarting it has forced it to refresh its list of recordings, so the recording is no longer visible in /media/hdd/movies, but neither are any of the subdirectories (still).

So, the app needs to refresh the listing of recordings more frequently or at least allow a means for the user to initiate a refresh, without resorting to force closing the app.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: IOS app doesn't handle Movie sub-directories

Post by MrQuade » Tue Sep 01, 2015 19:18

I believe it is being worked on.

It was noticed during beta testing.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 13:57

Chuckles wrote:
(Note: apparently the Android apps suffers from the same issue vis-a-vis not being able to see or navigate into subdirectories)
True. I posted this bug on the public beta thread when it was first released. It sees many but not all of my sub - directories. But I still love the app.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:05

MrQuade wrote:I believe it is being worked on.

It was noticed during beta testing.
An interesting aside to this. I use Blackbox pro on a number of devices as I store all of my recordings in directories so the WizOS app isn't very useful. This is quite a common issue with a lot of the enigma/dreambox streaming apps and the reason why I ended up with Blackbox pro. However, on one of my ipads I noticed that Blackbox pro couldn't see the sub directories either. In the end I discovered that Blackbox pro will only see sub directories if you correctly configure the T3 as a Enigma 2 (OpenWebIF) type device.

This may be some use for trying to enable sub directories for recordings in the WizOS app.
Beyonwiz T4

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Sat Oct 10, 2015 07:31

One side effect of trying out autotimers is that I've given my autotimers a custom location. When you do this, it automatically creates a folder bookmark to that location.

When you go to recordings in WizOs you can see the bookmarks in the recordings page. So if you create bookmarks to your sub directories, you can access the recordings in them from WizOS. Unfortunately there is a small issue here in that the space allocated to list each bookmark is too small and the text runs into the next one. But it is usable if you have a small number of genre type directories, probably not useful if you use a program name directory.
Beyonwiz T4

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Sat Oct 10, 2015 08:15

simoncasey wrote:One side effect of trying out autotimers is that I've given my autotimers a custom location. When you do this, it automatically creates a folder bookmark to that location.

When you go to recordings in WizOs you can see the bookmarks in the recordings page. So if you create bookmarks to your sub directories, you can access the recordings in them from WizOS. Unfortunately there is a small issue here in that the space allocated to list each bookmark is too small and the text runs into the next one. But it is usable if you have a small number of genre type directories, probably not useful if you use a program name directory.
+1

Same here (using tellymote app).
I'm assuming this is why the recording T4 sees all sub directories but the T3 that gets less recording use doesn't see all the sub folders and sub files from its end in the same app (as its unaware of most of the bookmarks of the other device).

I just use the MEDIA button method to view on screen listings if I have to.

'Darn it, this computer is only doing exactly what I'm telling it to do....!?!'

j s
Master

Post by j s » Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:21

Is there any update to the folders issue?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:33

j s wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:21
The original developer of the mobile apps is no longer working on them, and Wiz HQ (somewhat) recently put out an open invitation for developers to work on them.

Nothing has been publicly announced as to whether anyone has taken up the task.

Short answer, no.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

j s
Master

Post by j s » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:36

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:33
j s wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:21
The original developer of the mobile apps is no longer working on them, and Wiz HQ (somewhat) recently put out an open invitation for developers to work on them.

Nothing has been publicly announced as to whether anyone has taken up the task.

Short answer, no.
Bummer! But thanks for the info. It's a good app otherwise

Draadnor
Apprentice

Post by Draadnor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 09:48

Also interested in the folders issue being fixed.
BeyonWiz U4 (MAR2018)
Altech PVR9600T (retired)
Topfield MP5000 (retired)

tyreless
Apprentice

Post by tyreless » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09

Draadnor wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 09:48
Yes, of course. Are you offering?
Cheers,

Tyreless

2 x Beyonwiz T2 (Open ATV, EPG refresh, series to folder)
3 x Topfield PVRt 5000 (deceased)

Draadnor
Apprentice

Post by Draadnor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28

tyreless wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:09
Draadnor wrote:
Yes, of course. Are you offering?
Wish I had the skills :D
BeyonWiz U4 (MAR2018)
Altech PVR9600T (retired)
Topfield MP5000 (retired)

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Mar 29, 2018 14:18

Draadnor wrote:

What I did was to create a general purpose 'WizOS view' folder, and then a bookmark to it. Then I move the recordings to be viewed using the WizOS app to that folder. The bookmark will be viewable in the WizOS app so the recordings can be viewed. Once finished either delete the recordings or move them back to their folders.
Using move is instant, a copy can take too long. A bit a phaffing around, but it works.

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Thu Mar 29, 2018 14:47

I think I’ve mentioned this earlier in this thread but Blackbox Pro for Dreambox is the only app I’ve found that supports subdirectories.

It’s still available in the App Store (it has a cost of a few dollars) but hasn’t been updated for 3 years.

I find works really well with the BW.
Beyonwiz T4

naigy
Apprentice

Post by naigy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 17:48

I seem to have found a solution to this and sharing in the hope it helps others. Not exactly simple but basic steps were as follows. I somehow got one of my sub dirs which appeared in the app months ago but the others didn't. I have now added two extras so I have the main movies folder and 3 sub dirs. Steps as follows

1. Login via telnet / SSH
2. Navigate to /etc/enigma2 folder
3. vi settings
4. Scroll to a line starting with 'config.movielist.videodirs'
5. Press i (this allows you to insert text)
6. scroll to the end of movies/'
7. Add a comma than space then do another entry (inside the ' ')
8. Make sure the line ends with a ] as it did originally
Here is my line as an example

Code: Select all

config.movielist.videodirs=['/media/hdd/movie/', '/hdd/movie/James/', '/hdd/movie/Jane/', '/hdd/movie/kids/']
9. Press Esc then type :wq and press enter (this will save the file)
10. Type reboot
11. Once it restarts then open the app (I am on Android). If you had the app open then close it completely and re-open it
12. Go to the recordings tab
13. Underneath these main tabs at the top but above the actual recordings in that folder you then have a list of the folders added thru the above steps which you scroll across to access and select. When each is selected you then see the recordings from that folder.

Note: I had issues with this not working to begin with and the file reverting back to the original on restart. Issued a series of init 3 and init 4 commands before doing the above and it then seemed to work (not sure exactly why. Also changed from performing the restart thru the GUI to the shell command reboot so maybe that had something to do with it).

I also suspect that when you do firmware updates you will potentially need to redo this all over again so not overly a great solution.

Anyhow hope it helps

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Jun 09, 2018 17:56

Hi Naigy,

Your issue with the settings file reverting is because enigma2 is running at the time. The enigma2 process holds an in memory cache of the file. The way you edit the settings file is to stop the enigma2 process with an "init 4" then edit the file and restart enigma2 with an "init 3".

Regards,
Ian.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 18:05

naigy wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 17:48
I seem to have found a solution to this and sharing in the hope it helps others. Not exactly simple but basic steps were as follows....

That's setting is the list of bookmarks.
You can effect the same thing by bookmarking directories using the GUI - no need to hack the setting using command-line access.

naigy
Apprentice

Post by naigy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 18:09

Cool. That is a much simpler option. Didn't realise it was so simple.

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”