How to get working over WAN

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ULTRA77
Apprentice

How to get working over WAN

Post by ULTRA77 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17

Hello,

I am having trouble getting WizOS V1.7 working over a WAN. Works find over my LAN.

I already have a hostname but need a quick start guide for config on my T4 / FW19.3

Tried already going into Network Settings > DYN-DNS and installing inadyn-mt but it will not let me add/edit any of the settings.

Please help.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: How to get working over WAN

Post by MrQuade » Thu Apr 29, 2021 13:33

ULTRA77 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17
Tried already going into Network Settings > DYN-DNS and installing inadyn-mt but it will not let me add/edit any of the settings.
If you have already set up your dynamic DNS name on your router or some other device on the LAN, then you don't need to also configure that on your Wiz. (since your Internet IP address is already known).

What you need to do is configure a port-forward in your router so that the WizOS app can connect from the Internet to your Wiz's web interface port through the router.

I would strongly advise against doing that though. Even if you have enabled web security with encryption and passwords on the Wiz OpenWebIf, the Wiz security should not be exposed to the wild Internet otherwise you risk someone exploiting an unknown flaw and gaining access to your home network.

You should instead set up a VPN on your router and connect your mobile device to that VPN to gain access to your whole home network. You can then access not only the Wiz, but your PCs and other devices.
The steps to set up a VPN on the router will depend on what sort of router you have.

On the Wiz, you will need to open the OpenWebIF settings and enable the option "Enable access from VLANs".

Also consider installing "GB Player" on your mobile device. It is similar to WizOS, but is more up to date and you will probably find it works better.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

wenza
Apprentice

Post by wenza » Sun Oct 10, 2021 09:39

Can I use wireless internet on the T2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46

Yes, you can either use a suitable WiFi USB dongle or a WiFi brridge with an Ethernet connection.

BTW: this topic is about WAN (Wide Area Network, or the broader Internet) not about WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network or WiFi). I'll create a new topic if there's extended discussion about this.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”