WizOS - Apple App

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mailmrmoot
On probation

WizOS - Apple App

Post by mailmrmoot » Tue Mar 19, 2019 21:46

Hi, I have just downloaded the app on my iPad and iPhone, it connected with no issues, but I can only view Timers and Recordings. Guide is blank and TV is just shouting the blue Beyonwiz icon?
Any suggestions gratefully received.

stevebow
Master

Re: WizOS - Apple App

Post by stevebow » Sat Mar 23, 2019 14:03

I can no longer connect to my T4 with the BW official app and have long given up on it.

The official app is a branded version of Gigablue Player, which is more current than the BW version. I use that instead without any issues.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Mar 23, 2019 14:26

stevebow wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 14:03
The official app is a branded version of Gigablue Player, which is more current than the BW version. I use that instead without any issues.

Yes, this was pointed out to mailmrmoot on Wed (in one of the lost forum posts), and mailmrmoot replied later that day that he is now successfully using the Gigablue player.

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 22:44

I’ll have to check this new app out, just came here as the iOS app is no longer connecting to my T4 on multiple iPad’s.
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

dazaws
On probation

Post by dazaws » Mon Mar 25, 2019 16:33

Hi,
I am having the same problem after updating my T4.
My Beyonwiz WizOS app on my iPhone 8 won’t connect anymore.
It only shows Timers and Recorded shows as well.
It won’t show the Guide or TV.
Connection Error just keeps coming up.
And yes I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled it !
So I have also switched to using Gigablue Player.
It’s been working great so far.
Will the Beyonwiz WizOS app ever be fixed up ?

Wombatned

Post by Wombatned » Tue Dec 31, 2019 15:51

Try the Telly’mote app.

raj
Master

Post by raj » Sat Mar 07, 2020 19:17

G'day,

I am having a very similar experience with my T2. While it is a little different as my TV is on the blink (the backlight has failed so no no picture at all, only sound), this probably started a couple of firmware updates ago.

The IceTV app works perfectly and I can set and remove timers via the IceTV app, I cannot get the live stream and EPG to work. t always comes back with a connection error, yet I can see the recording list and I can see the timers, and I can play back recordings.

It never worried me before, and as a new TV is around a week away, I was hoping to be able to watch TV via the WizOS app on my IPad.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Mar 07, 2020 19:53

raj wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 19:17
Any thoughts?

Laugh, you've spent too long in your burrow.

Gigablue Player.

carljh
Apprentice

Post by carljh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 23:40

I have been unable to get the Beyonwiz Apple app to work for some time on my U4, so tonight decided to uninstall and reinstall. It was then that I found it is no longer in the App Store. Then I found this thread and everyone now using Gigablue. I downloaded this and it recognised the IP of the U4 straight away but is asking for a password and have no idea what this is as I can never remember ever having to login before. Any clues greatly appreciated.

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 09:56

I use GigaBlue
Although I dont recall asked for a password
It may be worth your while to go through the settings
Ensure Enable authentication is turned off.
Although, I tried turning it on, wasn't asked for a password, but was unable to connect. Turned it off again and was able to connect
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

carljh
Apprentice

Post by carljh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:56

Thanks for the reply. Is the Enable authentication in the app or on the U4, as I can't find it anywhere? Under the U4 Network menu, under Mount management, it allows you to set up a login which was blank, so I set up a username and password and tried logging into the app but still no luck and now it won't let me delete it.

I am not only having problems with the app, but can no longer open Webif in my browser and get the message '401 Authentification required' (again password related). Forgive me if I appear a bit dumb, but I am not at all familar with Linux and don't find it at all user friendly. I found another post in regards to this problem and followed all the suggestions with no luck. My IP for the U4 is 192.168.0.104 which comes up with all my other devices and shows no errors and get all my guides and timers from IceTV and even managed to finally get Dreamplex working after many failed attempts, so can't understand why I can no longer get it to come up in my browser. When I go into the miniDLNA server icon under My Computer and click on properties, it comes up up with a web page address of 192.168.0.104:8200/ which just comes up with a list of all my other network devices but not my U4. I have a Fingbox which lists the activities of all my connected devices and shows the last activity of the U4 as 21st February. The only thing that I can think of that happened about that time was that I had a problem with my powerline connectors and the U4 was connected to one of these. As I was unable to download from IceTV, I temporarily connected a WiFi dongle to the U4 until I got my powerlines fixed. As soon as it was fixed , I reconnected with th ethernet cable All my network settings are OK and I also restarted the network.

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 14:17

Sorry, didn't make it clear did I?
Apologies
The auth setting I was talking about is in the Gigablue app
I didn't do anything on the BW. to allow access
Just a matter of determining the BW IP address and configuring that in the settings in the APP
Everything else was default.

I
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

blip
Master

Post by blip » Mon Apr 06, 2020 15:41

There is a setting on the beyonwiz 'Enable HTTP Authentication'. This can be found at Menu/Plugins/OpenWebif.

carljh
Apprentice

Post by carljh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:27

Thank you so much, blip and grampus, Open Webif and app working fine now. I don't know how many times I have been through the settings to find a solution but Plugins was one area I never expected to find an answer. Your help was so much appreciated.

ad
Master

Post by ad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 07:43

Gigablue Player is playing up. Used to work but now no sound. Deleted app on iPhone-X and re-installed. Still no sound from the Beyonwiz T4. Tried settings in the app but button do not respond. As it last effort I tried the Bose Bluetooth head phones. And, voila, the sound comes through the headset. Strange...!!
Any ideas out there?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:08

ad wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 07:43
Gigablue Player is playing up. Used to work but now no sound. Deleted app on iPhone-X and re-installed. Still no sound from the Beyonwiz T4. Tried settings in the app but button do not respond. As it last effort I tried the Bose Bluetooth head phones. And, voila, the sound comes through the headset. Strange...!!
Any ideas out there?

That sounds(!) like the phone is muting the speaker for the app. Similar would happen to my son's iPad on certain apps, and we had to hunt around to find the system (not app) setting to unmute. Possibly "silent" in the drop-down area, sorry it was a while ago now.

ad
Master

Post by ad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 13:18

Found a fantastic replacement for the GigaBlue player. It comes from Germany is available for iPhone and is available in the App store. It's called VUplusTV and is a free download.

It shows recordings, radio, TV and their picon.

Enjoy

Swanny
Apprentice

Post by Swanny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 22:02

Wow, VUplusTV works!
WIZOS just crashes. No longer on the apps store.
Looks like a super replacement
TV and recordings all shown
Easy to connect to my T4
Beyonwiz T4x2, WizOz, wired and wifi local network, LG TVs, . MBPro, iPad Air 2s, IceTV

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”