iOS app can't connect to T2 or T4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gibster
Master

iOS app can't connect to T2 or T4

Post by gibster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08

Hi.

I've had no problems up until now connecting to either my T2 or T4 using the iOS Beyonwiz app. As of now I'm unable to connect to either device. I've done the following and nothing has helped.

Rebooted T2 and T4
Rebooted network switches
Rebooted router
Rebooted iPhone and iPads

I seem to remember an app update earlier in the week and since then I haven't had the time to use the app until I tried to watch cricket today. Last time I used the app was to watch days three and four of the boxing day test.

I haven't noticed anything new in the forums that some others might be having the same issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

gib
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4K Gen 2
Sony UBP X800 4k/UHD BluRay Player (Moded for all regions)
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

gibster
Master

Re: iOS app can't connect to T2 or T4

Post by gibster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:31

Problem solved. I might have to get a new router. For whatever reason it seemed to forget the fixed ip address table and assigned everything dynamically. I did have a power failure 2 days ago and maybe it caused a factory reset or something.

Cheers
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57

gibster wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:31
Problem solved. I might have to get a new router. For whatever reason it seemed to forget the fixed ip address table and assigned everything dynamically. I did have a power failure 2 days ago and maybe it caused a factory reset or something.
Perhaps you forgot to save the configuration to NVRAM? Some routers allow you to apply settings, but there is a separate option to "save" the settings so that they are re-applied when rebooted. (This is to save you if you bugger something up and need to revert to the last good values)
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 18:33

MrQuade wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57
Perhaps you forgot to save the configuration to NVRAM? Some routers allow you to apply settings, but there is a separate option to "save" the settings so that they are re-applied when rebooted. (This is to save you if you bugger something up and need to revert to the last good values)
That could have been it. I've got everything backed up in an external config file now so can restore from it if it happens again. Was a real pain getting my voip setup working again. Finally found the correct password and everything is peachy now :)
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”