Cannot detect T2

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Maindee
Master

Cannot detect T2

Post by Maindee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 08:40

I have recently changed my mobile phone and now wish to set up WizOZ. Downloaded OK but using Automatic (suggested) Configuration there is the message "No device found". I have tried using the Custom Set up, selected the T2 and inserted the IP address 10.1.1.189 then comes WiFi network with the only option for selection is None. I have a wifi so seems to be no way to get past this "None" input.

I have uninstalled the app and downloaded it several times with the same issue. The app doesn't find my T2.

Any suggestions as to what to do now?

As an aside, does the app provide for the rebooting of the T2?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Cannot detect T2

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Aug 19, 2017 09:55

I think your phone hasn't connected to your home (WiFi) network. If you disable mobile data on the phone, can you still access the internet?

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28

Oh Dear. WiFi not connected. All good now. Thanks

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18

Maindee wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 08:40
As an aside, does the app provide for the rebooting of the T2?

I don't think you can get the WizOS app to do that.
You can with OpenWebif via a browser from your phone/tablet - http://beyonwizt2/mobile (or the full OWIF of course)
From the "Control' sub-menu:
Standby, Deep Standby, Reboot, Restart GUI

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 09:25

The reason I asked about a remote reboot is that nearly ever time we leave home for an extended period I get an email from IceTV telling me that my box (T2) has not been downloading the EPG. Which has always meant that the box needs rebooting. Its very frustrating as I set the timers to record our favourite programmes while we are away. This last time we were away from mid June to mid august (an unusually long stint) and sure enough my last recording was 20 June. I will check out OpenWebIf.

Thanks for your interest.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Aug 20, 2017 09:58

It might be more fruitful to look for the cause of the T2 failing to contact IceTV rather than covering it up with a reboot. There is no reason that a properly functioning T2 should just stop contacting IceTV.

prl is probably going to be of more use in diagnosing the issue, but next time this happens, and if you are at home, it might be worth checking the IceTV logs to see what might have give wrong.

Enabling system logging may be worthwhile too.

Failing finding a cause for the Ice lockups, you can reboot the T2 via the Web Interface as Grumpy_Geoff advises. You can also reboot from a SSH/telnet find line, or you can set up a regular daily reboot in the wee hours of the morning by setting up a power timer.

How are you currently remotely accessing the T2 btw? Have you configured a VPN server on your home network?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23

If the T2 is left in shutdown, then the first time it starts from shutdown to make a recording it will stay fully running when the recording completes. That will then allow timeshift to fill the disk if the live TV channel is never changed. That would prevent recordings because of lack of disk space, but I don't think it should affect IceTV timer fetches.

I haven't heard of anyone else having a similar problem with IceTV reporting failure to set timers on a machine that's left unattended.

The IceTV logs would give you the best information about failures to contact IceTV. You can view them in Open Webif by using the on-screen remote (open the full remote if necessary) to navigate into MENU>IceTV>Show logs with screenshots enabled.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:15

Maindee wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 09:25
The reason I asked about a remote reboot is that nearly ever time we leave home for an extended period I get an email from IceTV telling me that my box (T2) has not been downloading the EPG. Which has always meant that the box needs rebooting. Its very frustrating as I set the timers to record our favourite programmes while we are away. This last time we were away from mid June to mid august (an unusually long stint) and sure enough my last recording was 20 June. I will check out OpenWebIf.

I wonder if the T2 is losing its network connection, or IP address lease? Does the T2 get a fixed IP address from your router - do you have DHCP set on the T2 and the T2's MAC address listed in the router to give the T2 a fixed IP address? Does your router randomly restart?
How is the T2 connected to the network, wired or WiFi?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:38

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:15
I wonder if the T2 is losing its network connection, or IP address lease?

If that's the case, then the suggested remote reboot from Open Webif isn't going to work :(
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:48

prl wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:38
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:15
I wonder if the T2 is losing its network connection, or IP address lease?

If that's the case, then the suggested remote reboot from Open Webif isn't going to work :(

Plus as per MrQuade's question, this possible showstopper -
MrQuade wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 09:58
How are you currently remotely accessing the T2 btw? Have you configured a VPN server on your home network?

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 16:58

A number of queries from you kind gentlemen. I will try to answer:

reboot from SSH/telnet - sorry but what is this?

How am I remotely accessing T2 - via wireless router

Have I configured a VPN server on home network? - no Don't know what this is.

Enable screen shots for icetv logs - how?

Not very helpful I fear. As you can tell my technical knowledge is pretty minimal .

I am having a bad run since returning from o/seas. To enable me to access YouTube I had in mind getting ChromCast which would somewhat smarten up my Pioneer (still a great picture though). I then recalled that the T2 has access to YouTube. So, I tried it. Everything seemed to work OK and it started to download. Unfortunately, after about 90 minutes it was still downloading and so I tried to exit the download only to find that my T2 had locked up..... nothing I pressed would work. So, guess what, I had to do a hard reboot. all is working normally again - well near normal anyway, given my aforementioned problems.

Thanks to all for your interest.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 17:35

Maindee wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 16:58
A number of queries from you kind gentlemen. I will try to answer:

reboot from SSH/telnet - sorry but what is this?

How am I remotely accessing T2 - via wireless router

Have I configured a VPN server on home network? - no Don't know what this is.
Ahh sorry, from your previous posts, I had assumed that you already had remote access to the Wiz from outside of your network's wireless range via Internet (because you were asking about rebooting via the App).

I think that Grumpy_Geoff is onto the right track that the problem may not be in the Wiz, rather in your network setup. If the Wiz's network side is failing, then there would be no way to remotely reboot it without the help of some other smart power switch device (not recommended).

The trick will be to catch it in the act and have a look at those IceTV logs. If it is indeed the network clapping out on the Wiz, then grabbing the screenshots is going to be difficult.

It may help to just try giving your T2 a fixed IP address to start with. That might just solve the problem straight away. Just give it an address that is outside of the range of IPs that is normally handed out by your Internet router. That way, you may be able to rule out IP address clashes and DHCP issues.
Further steps may start getting complicated if you are not confident working with networks.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”