What does "Just Play" mean?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

bonson
Apprentice

What does "Just Play" mean?

Post by bonson » Fri May 27, 2016 10:26

I'm setting up some zap timers using the Android app. The last option is a tickbox called "Just Play". I noticed a zap timer I created using the normal on-screen setup has this option ticked when I look at it in the Android app. Can someone please tell me what this option means.

Thanks
Greg

prl
Wizard God

Re: What does "Just Play" mean?

Post by prl » Fri May 27, 2016 10:37

bonson wrote:I'm setting up some zap timers using the Android app. The last option is a tickbox called "Just Play". I noticed a zap timer I created using the normal on-screen setup has this option ticked when I look at it in the Android app. Can someone please tell me what this option means.
It means pretty much what it says. Change to the channel in the timer and don't record. It's the same as the "zap" setting for Timer type in a timer set through the T series Add/Edit Timer screen, though it's also "Just play" when you set/edit a timer through Open Webif..

I don't know why it got a different name in the OpenWebif Web screens and the app.The field that implements this is "justplay" in the Open Webif XML, so perhaps the option name was taken from there. The variable that controls this in a timer object internally is also "justplay".
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

bonson
Apprentice

Re: What does "Just Play" mean?

Post by bonson » Fri May 27, 2016 10:46

Thanks Peter.

Greg

prl