Wrong /missing channels

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Russ57
Apprentice

Wrong /missing channels

Post by Russ57 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 18:48

I tried to use the app last night to record something on gem. I realised that the guide displayed is actually for nine hd, which occupies the slot gem used to have, while 9life is showing as extra 1, but the 'new' gem us missing in action.

How can I resolve this? I tried uninstall / reinstall but no change.
(channels ok on my t3)

-Russell
New T3 owner. TV=soniq 'smart 32"' (where smart must be defined as IQ>0; but is essentially brain dead...)

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Wrong /missing channels

Post by IanSav » Mon Feb 15, 2016 21:28

Hi Russell,

Did you restore from a backup after a rescan? If so you have put back the old (incorrect) bouquets.

Regards,
Ian.

Russ57
Apprentice

Post by Russ57 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 21:57

I had a closer look at channels scanned on the t3, and discovered they weren't as I thought. So, I fixed those, all the channels I'm interested in are now on a bouquet.
I then killed and restarted the app, and all is well. (except the logo for gem is missin, but I can llive with that)

And yes, there may have been a restore - t3 was away for repair, and on switch on there was a prompt to restore.
New T3 owner. TV=soniq 'smart 32"' (where smart must be defined as IQ>0; but is essentially brain dead...)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Feb 16, 2016 22:06

Russ57 wrote: I then killed and restarted the app, and all is well. (except the logo for gem is missin, but I can llive with that)
It sounds like you might need to submit your region's service scan to prl so he can make the appropriate updates.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9355
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 22:20

MrQuade wrote:
Russ57 wrote: I then killed and restarted the app, and all is well. (except the logo for gem is missin, but I can llive with that)
It sounds like you might need to submit your region's service scan to prl so he can make the appropriate updates.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9355
If it's only the GEM logo that's missing and not all the rest of the logos, then I suspect the problem is in the scan files, not in needing a new set of picon data. I'd guess that when Russ57 says "I fixed those", the fix wasn't complete.

Out of curiosity, though, what region? I have coverage of the picons for all the capitals except Darwin, and a lot of the more populous regional centres. I assume that if it's a Nine-related rescan, it's in one of the metro areas with the new Nine services, and I'm fairly sure the picon setup is correct for them.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”