T3 and iPad WizOs on the road

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Janicew

T3 and iPad WizOs on the road

Post by Janicew » Mon Feb 08, 2016 15:47

We will be travelling in a motorhome and I want to use the T3 to connect to the iPad to view what I have recorded. I will not have access to the internet.
Can I set up a wired connection to a D-Link router that has wireless capability so I can access the recordings from the iPad with the WizOs app? I do not seem to be able to get the T3 to recognise the router unless it has a connection to the internet.

How can I do this? Or Is there any other way to connect the T3 to the iPad?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: T3 and iPad WizOs on the road

Post by MrQuade » Mon Feb 08, 2016 16:32

In theory, it should be possible to simply wire the T3 to the router or a wireless access point and share the network connection with a tablet or phone. The WizOS only needs local access so should work fine (although I am not sure I have actually tested it with the Internet down come to think of it...but there is no technical reason that I am aware of).

Where does the T3 connection go wrong for you? Does it successfully get an IP address from the router's DHCP server?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Janicew

Post by Janicew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 16:52

In answer to your question the Beyonwiz did not seem to see the router at all. It also did not get a new DHCP setting. I was trying again today and the Beyonwiz decided not to do anything. The screen froze and after 30mins I turned it off. It does not seem to want to reboot at all, it was just sitting in the WizOs blue screen. I had to reinstall the latest software.

I will be taking my DP-S1 instead and I already know how to join it up to the laptop to take the files to a Wi-Fi enabled disk, so I can watch on the iPad. The size of the van makes me prefer to watch outside away from the van’s TV which is always on sport.

Thank You for trying to help.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 19:56

Hi,

I tried a Telstra WiFi modem (Huawei_E5372), and a Topfield WiFi USB stick in my T2, it connected fine.

I connected, an Android tablet with WizOS, via WiFi and could watch LiveTV & recordings.

Will be handy in the 'van (also too small) so I can watch footy while we're away.

dRdoS7

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”