WIZOS not connecting to iPad

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Snorkster
Apprentice

WIZOS not connecting to iPad

Post by Snorkster » Thu Jan 28, 2016 21:13

Couldn't find anyone with the same issue, hoping someone can help with answers, firstly I have a two router network for maxim coverage(one at each end of the house - it's big house), I have a T3 hard wired on the second router and a new 2T hardwired on the main router, both units are running the last firmwares. My iPad can see the T3 and connects no problem, the T2 which is my daughters Christmas present (trying to get out of putting a TV in her bedroom and thought this would tick the box) When she opens the WIZOS App she can see both the T3 and T2, it can connect and view the T3 but when she tries to connect to the T2 it just comes up with a connection error ?!?!?!?!?!? Does anyone have any ideas ????

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: WIZOS not connecting to iPad

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jan 28, 2016 22:59

Can the T2 see, list, and play files from the T3?
Are you using reserved IP addresses for both the T2 and the T3?
Do you have the DHCP server set on only one router - is the other router set set for 'WAN bypass' mode?

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Re: WIZOS not connecting to iPad

Post by tonymy01 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 07:40

two routers isn't a good solution unless you can setup routing tables. And I assume they are typical home NAT routers, which shares 1 IP address to multiple units, which won't allow units on one to see unit on another. If one is not a router, but a wireless switch hanging off a LAN side of the other, then this would work better since all IP addresses are in the same network and allocated from the NAT router.
Tony

Return to “Beyonwiz WizOS Apple / Android Apps”