Zidoo UHD3000 Any thoughts, experience?

Discuss anything in here as long as it doesn't offend.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

netmask
Wizard

Zidoo UHD3000 Any thoughts, experience?

Post by netmask » Mon Mar 08, 2021 15:22

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/mode ... 3D%3D.html

Extract

"Functional overview
*430mm standard size, excellent texture with all-aluminum alloy brushed panel, frosted upper cover, thickened bottom and shockproof foot pad.
*A new generation of Realtek RTD1619 DR hexa-core 64-bit A55 CPU with larger bus processing capacity and faster computing efficiency.
*4G DDR4 + 32GB eMMC large memory, 64-bit bandwidth, system is fluent.
*XMOS+ESS9068 DAC supports hard decoding MQA/DSD512/PCM 768KHz 32Bit.
*Supporting MQA, SACD ISO (stereo), DSF, DFF, WAV, FLAC etc. and seamless playback and CUE track.
*Supporting USB DAC in as good as high end audio decoders, it is also compatible with Windows 7/10, MAC OS and Android.
*High-quality switching power supply + large toroidal linear power supply, which is specially designed for audio and video circuits independently to ensure strong power source and good signal output.
*High-fidelity audio decoding supports XLR full balance and RCA analog audio output.
*Dual HDMI audio and video separate output can enjoy 4K video and HD audio at the same time without upgrading AV amplifier.
*Android 9.0 operating system has significantly improved system performance and stability, the operation is more free and smooth.
*Large LED display panel, dual hidden NSS patented HDD bays and each HDD bay support capacity up to 16TB.
*The built-in VS10 image quality engine supports Dolby Vision processing and mapping any image to colors similar to Dolby Vision, which greatly improves the image quality.
*HDMI 2.0 supports 4K 60Hz point-to-point output, HDR (HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT.2020 wide color range and YCbCr 4:4:4 color space. Supporting outputting raw three-dimensional multi-channel audio format based on object."
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Zidoo UHD3000 Any thoughts, experience?

Post by MrQuade » Mon Mar 08, 2021 15:47

Aside from the support for analog audio expansions, I don't see this offering much over similar high end Android media players like the NVIDIA Shield.

I do see that it supports HDR10+ which is a bit more rare, but you don't often see that sort of content at the moment.

It claims 4k 12bit HDR 60Hz and 4:4:4 chroma, but only has HDMI 2.0 which doesn't have the bandwidth to support all that simultaneously.

It's possible that a newer chipset may support the latest video codecs like VP10, but I didn't see a comprehensive breakdown of support in my brief look. (And I'm too lazy to research the chipset right now ;)).

This looks like an audiophile targeted product to me, but I think if rather leave all the analog duties to my receiver to deal with.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”