10 years on - BW Forum membership

Discuss anything in here as long as it doesn't offend.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

mick_queensland
Master

10 years on - BW Forum membership

Post by mick_queensland » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:31

I just realised that I have been with this forum for ten years!

I was an early adopter of the BW PVR systems, purchasing a DP-S1 when they were still the very latest gadget ( purchased from a now defunct DSE Powerhouse store back in Oct 2007 :) ) I followed that up with a DP-H1 and then a DP-P1 and a bit later a DP-P2. Fondly (not) remembering the exciting days trying to get them all working together on my new and rather crappy wireless then powerline network. Eventually I saw the writing on the wall and ran Cat6A cable and installed a Gigabit LAN in the house, much better.

The time has just zipped by and I was very surprised when I noticed that ten years had passed since joining this forum. I noticed because I am upgrading my machines from the old DP wizzers to the new T/U series wizzers and was cleaning up my paper work. I just cannot bring myself to change to another brand of machine. Although TV is morphing all the time, I think BW is keeping up pretty well.

This forum has been one of the most important aspects of BW ownership. It is a place where anyone faced with a challenge can come and ask for help, and get it nearly instantly. It made owning these machines a pleasure.

Many many thanks to all the people that make this forum happen, especially to all the mods and admins, and to all the users ( not so much the spammers though :wink: ) I am very glad the forum is here to help us all through odd, interesting, new or old problems.

All the best, Mick :D
T3-2000 & V2 & 1TB SSD -> Samsung UA40D5000PM 40"; U4-1TB -> Pioneer PDP-508XDA 50", Sony STR-DB940 Receiver, Pioneer BDP-140; T2-BB & 1TB HDD -> Samsung UA40D5000PM 40"; PC -> GVA G48tv15 48"; IceTV, GB LAN, NAS 9TB RAID5, NAS 3TB RAID1

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”