Update: TSDoctor ver 2.0.99

Discuss anything in here as long as it doesn't offend.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

netmask
Wizard

Update: TSDoctor ver 2.0.99

Post by netmask » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:49

The TS-Doctor supports the picture formats of most DVB-S, DVB-C and DVB-T Receivers. So it makes no difference whether you receive your television programs by SAT, Cable or antenna, the TS-Doctor is the optimum tool for processing these files on a computer and bringing them into a compatible format.
The TS-Doctor offers an easy-to-operate cropping function and together with the automatic advertizing recognition feature, makes it child’s play to remove bothersome advertizing interruptions from TV-pictures.
The TS-Doctor checks and repairs your TV-pictures and makes sure that they can be easily processed and displayed on today’s media players. It can also handle pictures and formats that other programs often cannot read.
The TS-Doctor can also handle HDTV-pictures. HDTV means high-resolution television with brilliant picture and sound quality. In spite of large data files associated with HDTV, the TS-Doctor operates very quickly and without loss of picture and sound quality.
The TS-Doctor can drastically reduce the required file size by removing unneeded file content and filler data. Depending on the receiver and the picture, reductions of up to 70% of the file size can be achieved while retaining the same picture and sound quality.
The simple, fast and lossless cutting of TS doctors can be used even for recordings of camcorders, if the recorder format using the TS, MTS or M2TS. This is the case for example for many models from Sony, Canon, and Panasonic.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TS-Doctor
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Update: TSDoctor ver 2.0.99

Post by IanSav » Sat Nov 04, 2017 13:40

Hi Netmask,

How do you rate VideoReDo TVSuite version 5? How do these products compare?

Regards,
Ian.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sun Nov 05, 2017 06:37

I don't have VideoRedo so can't compare. My preferred tool is still ProjectX but sadly no longer developed and can only process mpeg2. For me TSDoctor is the natural replacement. VideoRedo is probably an easier program to work with with, less helper files required and setting up easier - basically it appears to be a more commercial product. I don't put much stock in either commercial detection ability as Australian broadcasters don't seem to have any rules when or how commercials are inserted. The more recent updates of TS Doctor has a logo detection so that when it disappears this must be a commercial, a bit better....
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 08:46

netmask wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 06:37
I don't have VideoRedo so can't compare. My preferred tool is still ProjectX but sadly no longer developed and can only process mpeg2. For me TSDoctor is the natural replacement. VideoRedo is probably an easier program to work with with, less helper files required and setting up easier - basically it appears to be a more commercial product. I don't put much stock in either commercial detection ability as Australian broadcasters don't seem to have any rules when or how commercials are inserted. The more recent updates of TS Doctor has a logo detection so that when it disappears this must be a commercial, a bit better....

I have both. Neither are perfect when it comes to ad detection, but VideoRedo TVSuite version 5 is easier to use. Navigation around the recording and refinement of cutting points once ad detection has been completed is not so simple with TSDoctor. Neither can make complete sense of a scrambled transport stream, but I suspect TSDoctor will make a better job of trying to clean it up, and there is provision with TSDoctor to cut scrambled sections, although I have never used it. Depends what you are looking for, but for me VideoRedo TVSuite version 5 is the preferred tool for editing.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:35

Hi,

Thanks guys. I will stick with VideoReDo. I was an early tester for TSDoctor but never took it up when they went commercial. In the early days it didn't do very much. A lot has changed since then so I wanted to see if it is worth in now.

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”