The sad execution of TiVo

Discuss anything in here as long as it doesn't offend.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Frozzix
Apprentice

The sad execution of TiVo

Post by Frozzix » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:15

Gday Wizzzzzerz,.,
Do you know of a main reason why TiVo could not be relaunched in Australia by another company. I'd definitely buy the newest model TiVo that is sold in other nations around the rest of our planet.
A TiVo unit would be a great back up for a Beyonwiz box.

The distributors of TiVo are Hybrid Television Services, Seven Network, 38-42 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia.
They've recently sent out emails saying TiVo is gunna officially be murdered on the 31st of October 2017.
In these emails Hybrid & Seven are offering owners of TiVo units a discount of $100 off RRP with a Fetch Mighty / TiVo Swap Out offer.
What this Hybrid mob aint spruikin is all the lengthy & costly contract terms and additional costs involved in viewing programmes after you buy a Fetch Mighty.
There's no way I'm gunna help Hybrid Television Services & Seven Network fatten their greedy grab for a profitable windfall on the back of their dismal failure with TiVo.
I'm gunna keep my TiVo and use it as a back up unit for when me T4 has the odd holiday nap.
Keepin their TiVo will be even more useful and convenient for T3 & T2 owners units with less tuners than the T4.
TiVo will no longer have its Internet supplied EPG but I can set recording times manually.
Me much cherished old TiVo will probably even out last me,.,.,I bloody well hope it does!!! :lol: :wink:
That's my 2 bobs worth on the looming demise of a much loved TiVo.
eeeeeers cheeeeerz ringing to all your ears from Frozzix :wink: :lol:

TiVo is gunna be murdered on the 31st of October 2017.
The killers of TiVo are , , ,
Hybrid Television Services · Seven Network · 38-42 Pirrama Road · Pyrmont, NSW 2009 · Australia.

It's taken less than a decade for these imbeciles to destroy TiVo in Australia.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Re: The sad execution of TiVo

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26

But the good news is if you read the Whirlpool or OZTiVo forums Darren King has announced a way to resurrect your TiVo!

See: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php ... 2017/page2

Even better, Darren has personally offered to help users modify their TiVos to adopt the mod, subject to demand and his available time - since he does this as a personal favour and not for profit.

Frozzix - there is light at the end of the tunnel afterall...
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: The sad execution of TiVo

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29

Get your TiVo chipped/modded.
"Mods to keep Aus/NZ TiVos Alive after Oct 2017"
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-r ... ?t=2613609