Is it possible to get more info from Ice EPG on shows?

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Re: Is it possible to get more info from Ice EPG on shows?

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 14:52

Thanks to both of you :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 14:59

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 14:12
Cool. I will download and do some testing in the next few hours.
Errrrrr... not good at all.

(gui restart done for each step)
Uninstalled icetv-desc.
Installed icetv-genres. Genres/ratings viewable in epg
installed icetv-desc. Year, actors etc not in the epg.
Uninstalled icetv-desc.
Uninstalled icetv genres. Still seeing genres/ratings in epg.
Rebooted... dead. Goes to 49% and stays there. Rebooted again, same thing.

Reinstalling from USB. :(

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri May 11, 2018 15:08

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 14:59
Errrrrr... not good at all.

(gui restart done for each step)
Uninstalled icetv-desc.
Uninstalled icetv-desc.

Reinstalling from USB. :(
prl's instructions said that icetv-genres could be installed over the top of icetv-desc, not the other way round as you have done.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 15:22

MrQuade wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:08
prl's instructions said that icetv-genres could be installed over the top of icetv-desc, not the other way round as you have done.
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:42
If you're a bit more adventurous, you could try (all untested!):
  • If you only use icetv-desc, you can leave it installed, install this patch and uninstall it when you've finished testing. While this patch is installed the extra information displayed by icetv-desc won't be shown in the program descriptions. When you uninstall this patch, you will lose its functionality, but regain that of icetv-desc.
  • Installing this patch over patches-by-adoxa will cause undesirable interactions, possibly even crashes.
  • However, uninstalling patches-by-adoxa, installing this patch and then re-installing patches-by-adoxa might work.
If you're uncomfortable with doing any part of the instructions, don't do any of them!
I was testing the last point, as I WANT Adoxa's patch.
MrQuade needs some instructions on instructions... :wink:

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 15:24

prl wrote:
Here's a an alpha patch for my changes to allow program genres and parental ratings to be displayed when using IceTV (despite the patch name, it does both genre and parental ratings). The information should appear in all the same places where it would appear when using the FTA EPG.

I was the adventurous type who had adoxa's icetv-desc installed, so I installed your 'program genres and parental ratings' patch. The patch appeared to install fine.
However, it appeared to me to not display the genres and it only displayed the parental ratings.

I uninstalled the "icetv-genres" patch and then uninstalled the "icetv-desc" patch and then re-installed the "icetv-genres" patch (restarting the UI each time).
However, it's the same status; displays the parental ratings but not the genres.

I'm using the Full-Metal-Wizard skin.

If it works for someone who has never had adoxa's "icetv-desc" installed then I think it points to me needing to re-install the firmware and plugins and packages and start this again.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 15:33

After the USB install -
I installed OverlayHD, gui restart
I installed icetv-genres, gui restart - Genres/ratings in the epg.
I uninstalled icetv-genres, gui restart - Genres/ratings are still in the epg.
Rebooted... (drum roll)... dead. Goes to 49% and stays there. Reboot does the same.

It would seem just a GUI issue as I can still access the files/folders in Win Explorer. As for the logs... I moved them from the default location some time ago, but have no idea where. :?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 15:34

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 14:59
Same here.
Same here. The plugin code for icetv-genres is there as source code and gets recompiled and replaces the compiled version in icetv-desc.
Uninstalled icetv-desc.
Seeing genres/ratings in epg, as expected.
Not seeing genres/ratings in epg, as expected.
Rebooted normally.

I said that I thought it would be OK to install and uninstall icetv-genres while icetv-desc was installed, but you've done the oppsite: installed and uninstalled icetv-desc while icetv-genres is installed. However, apart from the oddity of the plugin code for icetv-genres overriding the plugin code for icetv-desc is installed, nothing bad happened for me when I followed the same steps.

The fact that you have:
Indicates that something has gone wrong there already. If icetv-genres isn't installed the IceTV genre data can't be put in the EPG when the EPG is reloaded at UI startup.

But no matter how you slice and dice it, you can't have the effects of both icetv-genres and icetv-desc at the same time, even if both are installed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 15:38

Are there any files I can copy to the Wiz to try and get it back up and running, rather than having to reinstall again?

edit -

Never mind, I am reinstalling.
Last edited by Star6key on Fri May 11, 2018 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 15:41

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:33
As for the logs... I moved them from the default location some time ago, but have no idea where. :?
You can ask Open Webif, and it will tell you. Settings>Log settings>Log location will show the currently configured directory containing of the "logs" directory.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 15:44

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:41
Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:33
As for the logs... I moved them from the default location some time ago, but have no idea where. :?
You can ask Open Webif, and it will tell you. Settings>Log settings>Log location will show the currently configured directory containing of the "logs" directory.
No can do. "This site can't be reached".
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:34
But no matter how you slice and dice it, you can't have the effects of both icetv-genres and icetv-desc at the same time, even if both are installed.
Then this is of no use to me. I will stick with Icetv-desc.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 15:46

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:38
Are there any files I can copy to the Wiz to try and get it back up and running, rather than having to reinstall again?

The only information I have is that the boot stops showing 49%, which means that it's probably crashing early in the UI (enigma2) startup. Since I don't know what the cause of the crash of your Beyonwiz is, it's hard to advise on how to fix it, especially when repeating the steps you gave in the first case didn't cause a problem for me.

In your second case, I've rebooted a U4 with OverlayHD and icetv-genres installed literally dozens of times without any issues.

What model are you having difficulties with?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 15:48

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:46
Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:38

The only information I have is that the boot stops showing 49%, which means that it's probably crashing early in the UI (enigma2) startup. Since I don't know what the cause of the crash of your Beyonwiz is, it's hard to advise on how to fix it, especially when repeating the steps you gave in the first case didn't cause a problem for me.

In your second case, I've rebooted a U4 with OverlayHD and icetv-genres installed literally dozens of times without any issues.

What model are you having difficulties with?
T4
I am now reinstalling... again. :lol:

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 15:57

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:44
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:34
Then this is of no use to me. I will stick with Icetv-desc.

I'm not sure why you appear to be surprised about that:
prl wrote:
If you only use icetv-desc, you can leave it installed, install this patch and uninstall it when you've finished testing. While this patch is installed the extra information displayed by icetv-desc won't be shown in the program descriptions. When you uninstall this patch, you will lose its functionality, but regain that of icetv-desc.

This patch is for alpha testing. I've made it clear right from when I first mentioned that I'd be making an alpha available that it would be incompatible with adoxa's patches:
prl wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 19:23
Installing my alpha would certainly undo adoxa's IceTV credits, etc, patch, and may interfere in other ways with his other patches. The alpha wouldn't be intended for long-term use, but once it's been tested I'd submit it to the repository ASAP.

I would still like to get to the bottom of what is causing your T4 to crash when OverlayHD and icetv-genres are installed and then icetv-genres is uninstalled and you reboot.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:09

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:24
If it works for someone who has never had adoxa's "icetv-desc" ...

That'd be me, then. I've tested it on all 4 models, and I've had it working for a week on our in-use T4 (coincidentally, using the Fill-Metal-Wizard skin).

However, I've also just tried it on my test U4 after installing and uninstalling icetv-desc and I've had no problems with it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:16

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:22
MrQuade wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:08
prl wrote:
If you're a bit more adventurous, you could try (all untested!):
  • If you only use icetv-desc, you can leave it installed, install this patch and uninstall it when you've finished testing. While this patch is installed the extra information displayed by icetv-desc won't be shown in the program descriptions. When you uninstall this patch, you will lose its functionality, but regain that of icetv-desc.
  • Installing this patch over patches-by-adoxa will cause undesirable interactions, possibly even crashes.
  • However, uninstalling patches-by-adoxa, installing this patch and then re-installing patches-by-adoxa might work.
If you're uncomfortable with doing any part of the instructions, don't do any of them!
I was testing the last point, as I WANT Adoxa's patch.
MrQuade needs some instructions on instructions... :wink:

No, you were trying to install icetv-desc on top of icetv-genres. The bits you highlighted are about the possibility of a different set of patches, patches-by-adoxa being installed on to of icetv-genres. There are differences in the ways two patches that adoxa made available might interact with icetv-genres, and I looked in their contents to see what the likely incompatibilities might be, and those were my suggestions. I never suggested that installing icetv-desc on top of icetv-genres would work properly.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 16:17

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 15:57
This patch is for alpha testing. I've made it clear right from when I first mentioned that I'd be making an alpha available that it would be incompatible with adoxa's patches:
prl wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 19:23
Installing my alpha would certainly undo adoxa's IceTV credits, etc, patch, and may interfere in other ways with his other patches. The alpha wouldn't be intended for long-term use, but once it's been tested I'd submit it to the repository ASAP.
I would still like to get to the bottom of what is causing your T4 to crash when OverlayHD and icetv-genres are installed and then icetv-genres is uninstalled and you reboot.
I knew what I was doing, and thought that your patch may have been of some use to me, which is why was happy to test. No where did I state I was upset with what occured. $h?t* happens. :wink:

As for getting to the bottom of things... I think I'm done with testing for awhile.

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Fri May 11, 2018 16:22

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:16
No, you were trying to install icetv-desc on top of icetv-genres. The bits you highlighted are about the possibility of a different set of patches, patches-by-adoxa being installed on to of icetv-genres. There are differences in the ways two patches that adoxa made available might interact with icetv-genres, and I looked in their contents to see what the likely incompatibilities might be, and those were my suggestions. I never suggested that installing icetv-desc on top of icetv-genres would work properly.
'patches-by-adoxa'... this to me seems like a general reference to patches made by Adoxa. If this is actually the name of a patch, then i think there needs to be some thought about naming conventions.

Anyways, I'm done for today.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:28

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
I was the adventurous type who had adoxa's icetv-desc installed, so I installed your 'program genres and parental ratings' patch. The patch appeared to install fine.
However, it appeared to me to not display the genres and it only displayed the parental ratings.
I'm using the Full-Metal-Wizard skin.

From a base system, I installed icetv-desc on my test U4 (Full-Metal-Wizard skin), restarted the GUI, adoxa's extra info appeared in the EPG descriptions. Then I installed icetv-genres and restarted the GUI, and adoxa's extra info disappeared, and I got both genres separate from the description and parental ratings as I expected.

Then I uninstalled icetv-genres and the EPG displays went back to adoxa's extra info and no ratings and separate genres. Then I uninstalled icetv-desc and was back to the plain EPG.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 16:32

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:09
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

That'd be me, then. I've tested it on all 4 models, and I've had it working for a week on our in-use T4 (coincidentally, using the Fill-Metal-Wizard skin).

However, I've also just tried it on my test U4 after installing and uninstalling icetv-desc and I've had no problems with it.

:) I've no doubt it works for you :lol:

Here's what appears to have been changed on my T4, is it correct including dates/times -

Code: Select all

-rwxrwx--x    1 root     root      12914812 May  9 11:26 /usr/bin/enigma2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         11573 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         10034 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/genre.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         45941 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        268074 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        125651 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32086 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32987 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27352 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        124856 May  6 11:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32141 May  6 11:10 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         33293 May  7 13:57 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27219 May  6 11:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml
root@beyonwizt4:~#

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:34

Star6key wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:22
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:16
'patches-by-adoxa'... this to me seems like a general reference to patches made by Adoxa.

It isn't.
Star6key wrote:
If this is actually the name of a patch,

It is. See Patches by Adoxa, the first post of which has the attached patch file called: patches-by-adoxa.zip
Star6key wrote:
then i think there needs to be some thought about naming conventions.

Direct suggestions to the creator of the terminology.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri May 11, 2018 16:40

Not sure why Star6key has had a problem [but I see others have spoken on this] - my uninstall of Adoxa's patches and install of icetv-genres-installer.U4 went without a hitch. The only change I had to make was for consistency between the T3 and U4. Had to turn of the EIT/EPG settings in the U4 off to get identical descriptions to those of the T3 running a version of Adoxa's patch.

It's looking quite good. I tried the single, multi, graphical and infobar EPGs. No obvious fault with any of the layouts. Also tried the Info screen for each. I think the layout is quite attractive with the coloured icons and the location of the genre fields. Also, the blocked text looks very good. Prettier, I dare say than Adoxa's version. But both are better than standard at eliminating poorly spaced text.

Where Adoxa has an edge is in the additional information in the form of the cast list and year of movies. But pictures are worth a thousand words, or so they say. I use the graphical EPG as the mainstay so here are some snaps (I hope). The sequence of pics may (or may not) be reversed since I'm not sure if Securi will let me have multiple attachments and I'm not game to preview. The file name indicates the respective authors of the patches.
Attachments
Adoxa's Ice-desc.jpg
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri May 11, 2018 16:42

Damn, only 1 of 6 uploaded. The last pic here is meant to pair with the first above.
Attachments
Prl's no cast.jpg
Adoxa's with cast.jpg
Prl's movie info.jpg
Adoxa's movie info.jpg
Prl's EPG patch.jpg
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:50

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:42
Damn, only 1 of 6 uploaded. The last pic here is meant to pair with the first above.

When attaching images, Preview is not your friend.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 16:51

This is what I see when I view one of the same events as Paul.
Rating but no genre.
Attachments
Ice_rating_no_genre.png

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 16:54

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:40
Not sure why Star6key has had a problem [but I see others have spoken on this] - my uninstall of Adoxa's patches and install of icetv-genres-installer.U4 went without a hitch. The only change I had to make was for consistency between the T3 and U4. Had to turn of the EIT/EPG settings in the U4 off to get identical descriptions to those of the T3 running a version of Adoxa's patch.

I'm glad someone's install went the way it was supposed to. :roll:
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri May 11, 2018 17:01

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:50
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:42
When attaching images, Preview is not your friend.

Yes, I saw your post warning of that problem. What triggered it to fail on the first attempt was I got the "At least one new post..." message. That appears to have exactly the same effect as the preview screen (which makes sense, if a bug can ever make sense. :roll: )
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 17:06

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:51
This is what I see when I view one of the same events as Paul.
Rating but no genre.

This is what I see for Strange Magic:
1_0_1_211_211_1010_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 17:19

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:32
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 16:09
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

:) I've no doubt it works for you :lol:

Here's what appears to have been changed on my T4, is it correct including dates/times -

-rwxrwx--x    1 root     root      12914812 May  9 11:26 /usr/bin/enigma2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         11573 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         10034 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/genre.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         45941 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        268074 May 11 13:01 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        125651 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32086 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32987 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27352 May  6 11:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        124856 May  6 11:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32141 May  6 11:10 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         33293 May  7 13:57 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27219 May  6 11:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml

I have:

-rwxrwx--x    1 root     root      12914812 May  9 13:26 /usr/bin/enigma2
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         11573 May 10 11:16 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         10034 May 10 11:16 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/genre.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         45941 May 10 11:17 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        268074 May 10 11:16 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.pyo
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        125651 May  6 13:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32086 May  6 13:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32987 May  6 13:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27352 May  6 13:24 /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        124856 May  6 13:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         32141 May  6 13:10 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         33293 May  7 15:57 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         27219 May  6 13:23 /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml
More definitively, md5sum gives:

e3340a44451850dc4d242a56fb33860e  /usr/bin/enigma2
cba355800ef2c2bbff3a3c5a4dda4393  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo
13db1f63b10e384eea0edfbfb6391699  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/genre.pyo
9bbeecb65d3874102aa538e3a31756ac  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.pyo
2318da22811a2ef5c362aa4e6b596e4f  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.pyo
3d435f04f3517f3207157a6da22d3944  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin.xml
00e9c3bcdddfa7308f3c3ec5b1bc30d4  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
28ff426a2920bb20f8e772d988a585be  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
d26ef053dd2f0ab2f85e321e4c7a32a4  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
7389fd19b86b5574c6f9f0f447ba9e89  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin.xml
f57b37a950a3c22fd7210b7556ed92d6  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
8e07032467850fc7b744a74e28f86c61  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
0b5ead3985c65928a509bfd26ad98d39  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml
I just checked Strange Magic on my test T4 (the image above was from my test U4), and it shows the genre information as I expect.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 17:25

Afterthought: are you seeing any [EPGFetcher] ERROR: entries in your debug log when using icetv-genres?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 17:35

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 17:25
Afterthought: are you seeing any [EPGFetcher] ERROR: entries in your debug log when using icetv-genres?

Nup, no errors like that, but I'm getting lots of these; is this an error?

{5426}< 10245.209> [EventName] getText <enigma.eParentalDataPtr; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'ePtr< eParentalData > *' at 0x71faacf8> >

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 17:45

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 17:35
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 17:25

Nup, no errors like that, but I'm getting lots of these; is this an error?

{5426}< 10245.209> [EventName] getText <enigma.eParentalDataPtr; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'ePtr< eParentalData > *' at 0x71faacf8> >

It's only an error in the sense that I've left debug code lying around in what I've made available.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 17:53

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 17:19
More definitively, md5sum gives:

cba355800ef2c2bbff3a3c5a4dda4393  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo
13db1f63b10e384eea0edfbfb6391699  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/genre.pyo
9bbeecb65d3874102aa538e3a31756ac  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.pyo
00e9c3bcdddfa7308f3c3ec5b1bc30d4  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
28ff426a2920bb20f8e772d988a585be  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
d26ef053dd2f0ab2f85e321e4c7a32a4  /usr/share/enigma2/Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
f57b37a950a3c22fd7210b7556ed92d6  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
8e07032467850fc7b744a74e28f86c61  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
0b5ead3985c65928a509bfd26ad98d39  /usr/share/enigma2/easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml
I just checked Strange Magic on my test T4 (the image above was from my test U4), and it shows the genre information as I expect.

My md5sums appear, on quick inspection, to match yours -

root@beyonwizt4:~# find /usr/bin /usr/share/enigma2 /usr/lib/enigma2 -name \*.bak -print | md5sum $(sed s/\.bak//)
Given that, doesn't it point to something in my config that doesn't allow the genre to display (but allows the ratings)?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 18:16

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 17:53
My md5sums appear, on quick inspection, to match yours -

Sort on the filenames in both lists, then diff, says they're exactly the same.
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Given that, doesn't it point to something in my config that doesn't allow the genre to display (but allows the ratings)?

Yes, for "config" in the broad sense, but the only config variables that I can think of that would affect the result (presuming that IceTV is enabled) are MENU>Setup>TV>EPG settings>Enable EIT EPG and perhaps, but I think it's unlikely, Show EIT now/next in infobar. I would have thought that if Enable EIT EPG was enabled, the symptoms would be very different. I have both disabled.

I'll experiment with config a bit tomorrow.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 18:25

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 18:16
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

Yes, for "config" in the broad sense, but the only config variables that I can think of that would affect the result (presuming that IceTV is enabled) are MENU>Setup>TV>EPG settings>Enable EIT EPG and perhaps, but I think it's unlikely, Show EIT now/next in infobar. I would have thought that if Enable EIT EPG was enabled, the symptoms would be very different. I have both disabled.

I'll experiment with config a bit tomorrow.

Both are disabled -

root@beyonwizt4:~# grep -i eit /etc/enigma2/settings
config.epg.eit=False
config.usage.serviceitems_per_page=21
config.usage.show_eit_nownext=False

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 18:33

Tried forcing an EPG fetch? That should have been done when you restarted the UI after installing icetv-genres, but I guess it's worth a try.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri May 11, 2018 18:41

prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 18:33
Tried forcing an EPG fetch? That should have been done when you restarted the UI after installing icetv-genres, but I guess it's worth a try.

I get the categories, this is the right sort of stuff, yes? -
Heroes Reborn, 2018-05-16T16:00:00+00:00 (UTC). on 7HD
...,"category":[{"name":"Drama","eit":"0x10"},{"name":"Sci-Fi","eit":"0x13"}],

All I see is "M Mature Audience 15+"

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 11, 2018 18:50

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 18:41
prl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 18:33

I get the categories, this is the right sort of stuff, yes? -
Heroes Reborn, 2018-05-16T16:00:00+00:00 (UTC). on 7HD
...,"category":[{"name":"Drama","eit":"0x10"},{"name":"Sci-Fi","eit":"0x13"}],

Yes, that's what the IceTV JSON calls genres. And I see "Drama, Sci-Fi" for "Heroes Reborn" in the IceTV EPG with icetv-genres installed. :roll:
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri May 11, 2018 19:09

prl wrote: ...the only config variables that I can think of that would affect the result (presuming that IceTV is enabled) are MENU>Setup>TV>EPG settings>Enable EIT EPG and perhaps, but I think it's unlikely, Show EIT now/next in infobar. I would have thought that if Enable EIT EPG was enabled, the symptoms would be very different. I have both disabled.
I did have those config variables turned on to start with but it didn't affect the genre. Rather, the effect was different program description text to the IceTV text. Forced an EPG fetch to get the text to agree between the two machines.

I have turned the setting back on but no difference AFAIK. The EIT information is overwriting the IceTV description text now that I've turned it back on but the genre field is still present and displayed for the programs I have compared. I doubt it is the cause of Geoff's difference but I could be wrong.

Noting that what we are investigating is the case that the field is not empty except for GG, I notice for some channels (Eleven, One) the genre field is empty for some programs.

Also, for 9 Life, the genre field shows the odd value "Unused" for a number of shows. Probably "Unused" comes from IceTV like that and is not meant to be displayed - maybe should be hidden if present.
Denon AVR -X2400H

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Sat May 12, 2018 09:57

Installed PRL's patch on U4 and T3 yesterday. No Problems.
Uninstalled and reinstalled on the U4 this morning. No problems.
Uninstalled on the T3 this morning, restarted GUI and it locked. Powered off/on and it got to 49% and stopped. Restarted from USB.
Both U4 and T3 have the same set up per signature. Logs from T3 attached.
logs.zip
(421.63 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Robert

U4 2TB (Jan 2018) 19.3.20211010 , HDMI
T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
IceTV, Series2Folder, OverlayHD 1.70
Samsung 55"OLED TV, Apple TV, ReadyNAS 214, Sonos Arc, Harmony Ultimate One
Windows 10

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Sat May 12, 2018 10:22

paullings wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 09:57
Uninstalled on the T3 this morning, restarted GUI and it locked. Powered off/on and it got to 49% and stopped. Restarted from USB.

logs.zip
I feel better that I'm not the only one this happened to.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 12, 2018 11:37

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 19:09
prl wrote: ...the only config variables that I can think of that would affect the result (presuming that IceTV is enabled) are MENU>Setup>TV>EPG settings>Enable EIT EPG and perhaps, but I think it's unlikely, Show EIT now/next in infobar. I would have thought that if Enable EIT EPG was enabled, the symptoms would be very different. I have both disabled.
I did have those config variables turned on to start with but it didn't affect the genre. Rather, the effect was different program description text to the IceTV text. Forced an EPG fetch to get the text to agree between the two machines.

I have turned the setting back on but no difference AFAIK. The EIT information is overwriting the IceTV description text now that I've turned it back on but the genre field is still present and displayed for the programs I have compared. I doubt it is the cause of Geoff's difference but I could be wrong.

If you have IceTV and the EIT EPG enabled at the same time, any EITT EPG data for genres will be being interpreted through the IceTV genre tables, and will quite likely be incorrect. A number of minor problems can be caused by having bot he EIT and IceTV EPGs enabled. The EPG is simply not designed to cope with it.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Noting that what we are investigating is the case that the field is not empty except for GG, I notice for some channels (Eleven, One) the genre field is empty for some programs.

It would be useful to know for which programs the genre data was missing, and whether the data for those programs came from the IceTV or FTA EPGs (as identified by their descriptions). It's hard to do anything with "some programs", especially if it's uncler even which EPG the data is from.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Also, for 9 Life, the genre field shows the odd value "Unused" for a number of shows. Probably "Unused" comes from IceTV like that and is not meant to be displayed - maybe should be hidden if present.

Again, which shows, and is that for data from the IceTV or FTA EPG? "Unused" should only be displayed using the IceTV genre tables if the EIT genre code is 0x00. In the IceTV data, that should be being mapped away from 0x00. For FTA data, that value should not be present. The whole genre code range 0x00-0x0f is "Reserved" in Australian FTA broadcasts, but 0x00 might be being sent to indicate "no information".

"Unused" is not an IceTV category (genre) name. It's a slot filler in the lookup table. Perhaps it shouldn't be displaying.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 12, 2018 11:48

paullings wrote:

logs.zip

The logs show that for some reason the T3 isn't uninstalling correctly (and it's possible that there's a similar issue with adoxa's T4). It somehow gets left in a state where part of the "glue" that holds together the C++ and Python parts of the UI isn't being uninstalled, and the one from the alpha test is being used when the standard one should be.

I'll see if I can replicate it.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 12, 2018 13:41

paullings wrote:

logs.zip

Had you had either of adoxa's patches (patches-by-adoxa.zip or icetv-desc.zip) installed before installing icetv-genres?

I can't replicate the problem on my test T3 just by installing icetv-genres, restarting the GUI, then uninstalling it and restarting the GUI. Rebooting after that also had no problems.

If you try again, and get the same problem, could you try connecting to your T3 using telnet (or ssh, if you prefer) and running:
ls -l /usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.py* /usr/bin/enigma2*
You should still be able to do that when the restart hangs in the way that's shown in your logs.

That might help identify what's gone wrong with the uninstall.

Also, did you see any errors when you ran the uninstaller? On a correct uninstall of icetv-genres, you should see:

root@beyonwizt3:~# sh uninstaller.sh
Uninstalling icetv-genres
... in /usr/share/enigma2
easy-skin-aus-hd/skin.xml
easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_epg.xml
easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_infobars.xml
easy-skin-aus-hd/skin_videos.xml
Full-Metal-Wizard/skin.xml
Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_epg.xml
Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_infobars.xml
Full-Metal-Wizard/skin_videos.xml
... in /usr/lib/enigma2/python
enigma.py
Components/Converter/EventName.py
Components/Converter/genre.py
Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.py
... in /usr/bin
enigma2
root@beyonwizt3:~#
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 12, 2018 13:58

OK, I can replicate the problem that paullings reported on his T3, but by doing:

Install icetv-genres; restart GUI, see parental ratings and genres in IceTV EPG.
Install icetv-genres; restart GUI, see parental ratings and genres in IceTV EPG.
Uninstall icetv-genres; restart GUI, repeated GUI crash on restart, and then GUI hang.

I don't know if that's what happened, but it certainly produces the same sort of exception in the debug log.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Sat May 12, 2018 15:30

I only have directory count by Adoxa installed.
I've just reinstalled and uninstalled icetv-genres twice on my T3 and oddly it seems to be working correctly now :shock: no lock ups.
There's probably no need to telnet in now though I probably shouldn't do that :D
Uninstall screen below.
icetv-genres.jpg
Robert

U4 2TB (Jan 2018) 19.3.20211010 , HDMI
T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
IceTV, Series2Folder, OverlayHD 1.70
Samsung 55"OLED TV, Apple TV, ReadyNAS 214, Sonos Arc, Harmony Ultimate One
Windows 10

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat May 12, 2018 15:38

prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

It would be useful to know for which programs the genre data was missing, and whether the data for those programs came from the IceTV or FTA EPGs (as identified by their descriptions). It's hard to do anything with "some programs", especially if it's unclear even which EPG the data is from.

To clarify: First noticed the missing genres on the IceTV Guide alone. They remained missing after I turned the two EIT settings back on. Both EIT settings are now off and the IceTV guide refreshed. On channel 9 GEM at 23:30,12/5/18: "Cold Case" has no genre entry.
prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

Again, which shows, and is that for data from the IceTV or FTA EPG? "Unused" should only be displayed using the IceTV genre tables if the EIT genre code is 0x00. In the IceTV data, that should be being mapped away from 0x00. For FTA data, that value should not be present. The whole genre code range 0x00-0x0f is "Reserved" in Australian FTA broadcasts, but 0x00 might be being sent to indicate "no information".

"Unused" is not an IceTV category (genre) name. It's a slot filler in the lookup table. Perhaps it shouldn't be displaying.
[/quote]

IceTV Guide for 9 Life (Melbourne) from 15:00 - 23:59 is showing " Unused" for all programs. By name: Extreme Vacation Homes, Million Dollar Contractor, Flip or Flop, Fixer Up, Zombie House Flipping, House Hunters, House Hunters International, House Hunters Renovation, Texas Flip and Move and House Hunters International. Both EIT settings are off. IceTV guide refreshed.

I think your assessment is correct and we agree it's not meant to display the slot filler. However, I think the blanks are a case of we can only expect to see the information that is being sent by IceTV and there is probably nothing to be done about it. However, the word "Unused" might be filtered out because it is wrong/misleading/misplaced.

Also, given the origin of this thread was a request from mick_queensland to enhance the EPG to include "Director and Stars and Year", has any thought been given to merging in Adoxa's additions of cast and year? It would nearly complete the package the OP sought if they could be added.

Cheers,
Paul
Denon AVR -X2400H

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat May 12, 2018 15:40

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 15:38
prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

It would be useful to know for which programs the genre data was missing, and whether the data for those programs came from the IceTV or FTA EPGs (as identified by their descriptions). It's hard to do anything with "some programs", especially if it's unclear even which EPG the data is from.

To clarify: First noticed the missing genres on the IceTV Guide alone. They remained missing after I turned the two EIT settings back on. Both EIT settings are now off and the IceTV guide refreshed. On channel 9 GEM at 23:30,12/5/18: "Cold Case" has no genre entry.
prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

IceTV Guide for 9 Life (Melbourne) from 15:00 - 23:59 is showing " Unused" for all programs. By name: Extreme Vacation Homes, Million Dollar Contractor, Flip or Flop, Fixer Up, Zombie House Flipping, House Hunters, House Hunters International, House Hunters Renovation, Texas Flip and Move and House Hunters International. Both EIT settings are off. IceTV guide refreshed.

I think your assessment is correct and we agree it's not meant to display the slot filler. However, I think the blanks are a case of we can only expect to see the information that is being sent by IceTV and there is probably nothing to be done about it. However, the word "Unused" might be filtered out because it is wrong/misleading/misplaced.

Also, given the origin of this thread was a request from mick_queensland to enhance the EPG to include "Director and Stars and Year", has any thought been given to merging in Adoxa's additions of cast and year? It would nearly complete the package the OP sought if they could be added.

Cheers,
Paul
Denon AVR -X2400H

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat May 12, 2018 15:42

prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:

Cheers,
Paul
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 12, 2018 16:25

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 15:42

I've thought about it, and posted about it in this topic. My preference would be to have the display of the extra information user-configurable, not fixed as in adoxa's patch (which I think was only ever intended to be a quick demonstration of what might be able to be displayed).

It would also be good to include some more user-selectable fields: director, as well as cast, drop the rating and category from that area, because icetv-genres handles them, perhaps add production country & audio track language, video format, open caption languages, repeat information and IceTV icon image (which doesn't make much sense to just paste into text).

I last posted about it only yesterday, where I talked about the possibility of doing it in a different way that would make the control and display of the extra data a general UI feature that could be applied to similar data in the FTA EPG (if it exists), and not just something tacked on to the IceTV plugin. But doing it that way needs more work.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Ice TV”