No internet - EPG options?

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

allie181
Apprentice

No internet - EPG options?

Post by allie181 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:06

I have no internet for a few weeks (until NBN is rolled out). Normally I use icetv in my U4 and T4 but obviously this isn’t working without the internet.

Is there an option for getting an EPG (I don’t care how basic - eg the free to air guide available on the tv) through the wiz without internet access?

Thanks in advance :)

Gully

Re: No internet - EPG options?

Post by Gully » Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:18

Most definitely. The default is not using IceTV so you get the broadcast EPG just like your TV does.

IIRC you should just need to turn off/disable the IceTV plugin and restart the Beyonwizes for it to revert to broadcast EPG.
Cheers
Gully

allie181
Apprentice

Post by allie181 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:37

Awesome, thanks Gully. I had disabled icetv but not restarted (duh me!). Cheers!!

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Jun 02, 2019 17:14

allie181 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:37
Awesome, thanks Gully. I had disabled icetv but not restarted (duh me!). Cheers!!
Happy to help.

These days the terrestrial EPG is pretty reasonable, repeat flags aside, so I've been happy to use it with autotimers rather than continue with IceTV. That gives me good results.
Cheers
Gully

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Jun 02, 2019 22:37

The FTA EPG is adequate for most uses. Autotimers make the Beyonwiz machines better than most of the alternatives, to the point that IceTV is of questionable value for users who figure out how to use autotimers. There are users who prefer IceTV for some of the other features they provide, so you will need to make up your own mind as to whether IceTV provides enough benefit to continue paying, but you should definitely use this outage period to investigate the free alternative solution using FTA EPG and Autotimers.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “Ice TV”