Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

adoxa
Wizard

Re: U4 Timers

Post by adoxa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23

prl wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 19:08
But if peteru is as set against the change as he appears to be, there doesn't seem to be much point in implementing it.
That's what I meant by "customised version" - it would just be for raymondjpg.

Thinking about it a bit more, I don't think the FTA EPG uses newline, so I might also be able to modify OWIF to detect that and display the timer how he wants, i.e. if the description has a newline, assume the first line is subtitle, thus providing "Title (Subtitle)" and the description.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 18:42

The FTA EPG description data shouldn't have any newlines (or any control characters 0x00-0x1f) in it at all.

However, for raymond_jpg's issue, you don't want to put (or I don't think you want to) put the FTA EPG short event descriptor into the event title in OWIF, that would give you a long and cumbersome title in OWIF. The FTA EPG displays satisfactorily for him.

It's the IceTV short description you want to put in the title, and the IceTV long description into the OWIF's short description, to give something like what he was asking for. I don't think the IceTV short description should ever contain a newline, but I don't think they say that anywhere.

That entails a test on config.plugins.icetv.enable_epg in the code that munges the title on the OWIF server side,.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Star6key
Guru

Post by Star6key » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:20

adoxa wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 17:28
Here's a patch (untested) to name the IceTV timer (and hence recording) as "Title (Subtitle)", using the description as intended. This will only affect new timers, not existing.

Code: Select all

diff --git a/lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.py b/lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.py
index ffd9a8822..c00522a3e 100644
--- a/lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.py
+++ b/lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/IceTV/plugin.py
@@ -232,6 +232,9 @@ class EPGFetcher(object):
                 duration = stop - start
             title = show.get("title", "").encode("utf8")
             short = show.get("subtitle", "").encode("utf8")
+            if short:
+                title += " (%s)" % short
+                short = ""
             extended = show.get("desc", "").encode("utf8")
             res[channel_id].append((start, duration, title, short, extended, 0, event_id))
         return res
It's great to see someone who thinks 'outside the box' when it comes to things like this.
Obviously, I have a request (but you could see that coming a mile away :lol: ).

Is it possible for you to add the Year & Actors in the description field for Icetv? (the year would also be great in the Title field for movies)
If I remember correctly (but it's been about 3 years), Icetv send this information in the epg but because it's not in the right format/field, we don't get to see it. Neither Icetv or the 'brains trust' here wanted to take ownership of this, and thus we have a half arsed epg.

If it's possible to do, I don't mind having a one off patch, or you can add the changes to this one. :D

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:54

Star6key wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:20
... Is it possible for you to add the Year & Actors in the description field for Icetv? ...

As it's pretty OT, I've answered in an old topic about exactly the same request, Is it possible to get more info from Ice EPG on shows? If you haven't read that topic, then it's worth a read. Little about it has changed since 2015.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Ice TV”