Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Re: Is IceTV off line?

Post by prl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 15:47

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 15:26
I think if you reboot both the modem/router and the T2, and the T2 then restarts with .189 then I guess it is now a fixed IP address.

To be sure, send the T2 to shutdown/deep standby, reboot the router and when the router has restarted, restart the T2.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 15:57

prl wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 15:47
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 15:26
I think if you reboot both the modem/router and the T2, and the T2 then restarts with .189 then I guess it is now a fixed IP address.

To be sure, send the T2 to shutdown/deep standby, reboot the router and when the router has restarted, restart the T2.

Yep, good point, and as MrQuade stated - "leave DHCP automatic configuration enabled in the T2"

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Sep 19, 2017 17:00

All done and working. What a journey into the unknown this has been for me.

Thank you MrQuade, PRL, Grumpy_Geoff and Gully for you inputs in getting me through it, and most of all for your patience.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 17:03

No problem, though my part in this was really quite small.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 21:59

Wow, IceTV has been super unreliable for me today. Lots of timeouts and barely any success. I'm beginning to thing that my problems with setting up Ice on my Plex server are related to these timeouts. It falls with the same type of "getting channel mappings" error.

On another note, I recently switched to using my T4 as my primary box and had enabled IceTV a few weeks ago. Only today I notice that my EPG showed a few events with 1 minute resolution. I found that I had accidently left EIT EPG as enabled, yet Ice TV was still fetching the EPG and timers happily.....oops! I am guessing that I was ending up with regular updates from Ice in my EPG which we being overwritten by live data whenever I zapped. I was wondering why I was ending up with a lot of blank spaces in my EPG for events that had just finished. At least that is blue explained!
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 22:11

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 21:59
Wow, IceTV has been super unreliable for me today. Lots of timeouts and barely any success. ...

Yeah, sh1t service.
From my Ice log start of 15:30 to last entry at 20:00, I've had one success at 17:15

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 22:47

Sent a message off to support at Ice

================

There have been a number of reports in both Beyonwiz and icetv fora that we are having problems retrieving EPG and timer updates/downloads geberally read timeouts.
I note in one response there was a post from Daniel Hall that he was seeing similar problems.
Can I ask if the problem is "known". being worked on? is there is something that we can add to, provide info to assist?
Cheers

================

Response from Ice
Colin O'Brien (IceTV Customer Support)
Sep 19, 6:49 PM AEST

It would be best if you added this comment to the current IceTV - Beyonwiz forum pots. Dan and prl are working on it but any left field comments are always welcome.
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 23:28

grampus wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 22:47
... prl [is] working on it ...

That's the first I knew about that. :shock:

Perhaps Colin is confusing that issue with the bits of the EPG going missing on Beyonwizes, which I am working on with Daniel Hall.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 08:42

Hi, its me again. Just thought I would let you know of recent strange happenings with my T2 and IceTV.

Friday, yesterday, I was scanning through the EPG daily data and noticed that there was no EPG information for Thursday - the seventh day (I believe that IceTV provides 7 day EPG). So through Menue/IceTV/"Fetch EPG and update timers" I downloaded the EPG. but this made matters worse with EPG data missing for all days. The IceTV log showed that the download had been completed but with errors. Remembering my recent Network issues, I checked, and all the network settings were as expected including the new static IP Address and the 2 LEDs were on.

So, back to live TV and did a re-boot through Menue/Power/Reboot, which worked OK except that this time when completed the TV screen was completely blank and nothing worked - I couldn't leave the blank screen.

So, did a re-boot via the rear switch. All was going well again (normal spinning wheel and BZ logo) but then that locked up somewhere through the re-boot process with the wheel (not now spinning) on screen, and again everything was locked up.

So I left it all until this morning - a new day a new dawn. switch on and the TV picture is back to normal, I then did a icetv "Fetch EPG and update timers" and all is now back to where it should be with 7 day EPG and timers set.

Very strange events indeed. But clearly something is very wrong. I am reluctant to do a software up-date again as I did one only 2 weeks ago as a prelude to solving my networking issues.

FYI.

Cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23

I wouldn't worry about the loss of IceTV data until IceTV have sorted out the problems at their end.

One thing you can just check, and this is something that happened on my unit recently. Make sure the "Enable EIT EPG" setting is disabled.
MENU->Setup->TV->EPG->Enable EIT EPG

If that is left on, your EPG will end up with both IceTV and the broadcaster's EPG fighting eachother. Every time the IceTV EPG successfully updates, you will have a nice clean EPG, but then any time you change channel, the broadcaster EPG will replace the data for that channel only. That could possibly be one cause of parts of your EPG vanishing.

Anyway, as I said, until the IceTV servers are more reliable, I wouldn't be worrying too much about errors in your log.

The black screen on reboot is a bit of a worry, but unless that is persistent, I am not sure how to trace that one.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:40

Thanks MrQuade.

The EIt EPG is not enabled. I wish it had been!!!!!

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 20:34

Hi Guys

I am still having problems automatically downloading Icetv's EPG automatically. I have contacted Icetv and was advised that all was OK their end. Colin O'Brien suggested that I download the latest software upgrade, which I had done several months ago and that I should do a reboot which I have also been doing frequently, but have just done it again.

But, to ensure that my T2's setting for IceTV are set correctly, can you please tell be what are the critical setting in "Menue/setup/TV/EPG settings" that provide for automatic downloading.

I have been using "Menue/IceTV/Fetch EPG and updater EPG and timers now" to manually updating and this has been working OK.

Thanks

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 09, 2017 20:45

What is showing in the IceTV at the moment?
MENU->IceTV->Show log
Can you post a screenshot or describe any errors that you see?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 09, 2017 20:51

As for other settings, you want to make sure the following settings are *disabled*.

MENU->Setup->TV->EPG settings->EPG cache reload

MENU->Setup->TV->EPG settings->Enable EIT EPG

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 09, 2017 21:02

Maindee wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 20:34
But, to ensure that my T2's setting for IceTV are set correctly, can you please tell be what are the critical setting in "Menue/setup/TV/EPG settings" that provide for automatic downloading.

There's nothing there apart from 'Enable EIT EPG', but you'd have that off if the manual fetch is working and updating the EPG.

What do you have set in the IceTV setup wizard 'Connect to IceTV server every' field? The default is 15 minutes.
As asked by MrQuade, what's in the IceTV log? I think he's likely nailed it with 'EPG cache reload' setting though. If you've got that enabled, then you'll be wiping out the EPG at regular intervals.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 08:28

Thanks Geoff and Mr Quade for your replies.

At this very moment the IceTV log shows - "2017-10-09 21:14:07 iceTV started" and that's it.

After doing a manual EPG download the log shows no errors, just:
dates....IceTV started: start update: EPG downloaded OK; Timers updated OK: end update.

The specific Menu settings referred to by MrQuade are all disabled, while the IceTV setup Wizard shows 15 minutes for connecting to IceTV server as requested by Geoff. So all my settings would appear to be OK.

Colin O'Brien thinks its a network matter which it may be, but if that was so then how is it that the manual download (over the network) works OK.

I was aware that PRL was in discussion with IceTV about some problems with EPG but nothing specific. I now understand that it relates to missing sections of the EPG. After a manual download I too get missing EPG data, usuall for later days in the schedule. For example following a manual download today, for Monday 16 Oct data for all of SBS is missing as is data for ABC ME, SBN, Aspire, ishoptv, Racing.com, Win Network, TVSN, Gold. Perhaps this probably is a side matter and not connected to my problem. I include it for completeness.

Cheers. Hope this helps!!!

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 09:04

In looking at the IceTV setup Wizard again I noticed agast that the "Password" section was BLANK. I had never thought to look here as I must be getting access to IceTV when manually downloading the EPG. How can that be?

I have entered my IceTV password and will just have to wait and see what happens. Goodness me, could this have been the problem all along? What an idiot I am :( :( :( - why dont I get a real smiley?

Cheers

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 09:11

Maindee wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 09:04
In looking at the IceTV setup Wizard again I noticed agast that the "Password" section was BLANK. I had never thought to look here as I must be getting access to IceTV when manually downloading the EPG. How can that be?
The password field will show as blank even if one is configured.
You can set the password again if you are worried though.

Make sure you also click on the "Enable IceTV" menu item as well, just to make sure things are running.

If this was network related, you'd be seeing a ton of errors in the log about not being able to reach IceTV.
In your case, it seems as though IceTV isn't even trying to check for a new guide, so it is most likely some other problem to do with enabling IceTV, or maybe a schedule/clock problem. That is a bit beyond my ability to speculate on though.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03

If the IceTV log only shows - "{time} IceTV started" then I think that only means the plugin has detected the credentials but not logged in.
  • Disable IceTV
  • Zap to a different broadcaster than is currently showing on live TV
  • Bring up the EPG and observe you have FTA (EIT) guide data for the services from that broadcaster (might take a minute)
  • Re-enable IceTV (perhaps set the refresh interval to a few minutes to reduce the wait below)
  • Wait out the refresh period
  • Bring up the Ice log - did the plugin poll the Ice server?
  • Bring up the EPG - does it contain guide data?
If you've now got Ice datam don't forget to reset the refresh interval

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31

Maindee wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 08:28
I was aware that PRL was in discussion with IceTV about some problems with EPG but nothing specific. I now understand that it relates to missing sections of the EPG. After a manual download I too get missing EPG data, usuall for later days in the schedule. For example following a manual download today, for Monday 16 Oct data for all of SBS is missing as is data for ABC ME, SBN, Aspire, ishoptv, Racing.com, Win Network, TVSN, Gold. Perhaps this probably is a side matter and not connected to my problem. I include it for completeness.

"Note: IceTV does not provide a program guide for datacasting or infotainment channels as they do not broadcast regular TV programs. Datacasting often provides news, weather, traffic, stock market, and other information. It may also be interactive, such as gaming, shopping, or education. The current infotainment channels in Australia only show infomercals or horse racing and include 4ME or TV4ME, EXTRA or GOLD, ISHOP and TVSN."
https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/a ... ide-for-it

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16

Maindee wrote:
... For example following a manual download today, for Monday 16 Oct data for all of SBS is missing as is data for ABC ME, ...
IceTV guide data for both SBS and ABC come direct from those broadcasters, and they don't always have the full extent of guide data for all services and days. Example, go to https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/ and check the SBS available programs for next Monday. I see it stopping at 06:30, and that's for the "Food Network", the other services have no data past the previous evening
ABC ME has no data past Sunday, same for ABC2/KIDS.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 18:07

Hi Geoff

I have followed your instructions:

. Disabled icetv

. Zapped to a different channel (ABC to SBS)

. No FTA (EIT) and only EPG for SBS, all other EPG spaces blank

. Changed refresh period to 2 minutes and then get a screen saying error while trying to log in. I pressed on

. icelog showed: after several attempts at logging in, then has........ login failed. 406 Client error: Not acceptable for URL: hhtp:// api.icetv.com.au/ login? api_key= 9019fa88-bd0c-4b1b-94ac-6761aa6a664f&appication_version20161209{"errors":[{"error_code":10, "error_msg":email address or password empty:}]}

Wish I knew how to do a screen shot.

Seeing the email or password error I went into menu/iceTV and checked, the email was OK but the password was blank (which should be OK) but added it anyway. Then started again with your instructions. This time:

. FTA (EIT) guide data present but no EPG data

Checked iceTV log which said "can not proceed- you need to login first"

. Logged in to IceTV Server, after adding again my password.

then the update failed. The iceTV log had the same info as above.

I feel that I have imposed on your good offices enough and I am trying to get Beyonwiz and iceTV to talk to each other as I can add nothing to the process. The problem must lie with one or the other. Hopefully the problem isn't passed back to you guys.

Interestingly, while typing this I logged into the iceTV server, added my password (again) and bingo, all EPG data and timers downloaded. It seems to me that the T2 doesn't hold and keep the Login info particularly the password. Hopefully, this is the end of the matter, but........................

I am eternally indebted to you guys for all the effort you have put in on my behalf.

Cheers

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 22:27

Maindee wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 18:07
Interestingly, while typing this I logged into the iceTV server, added my password (again) and bingo, all EPG data and timers downloaded. It seems to me that the T2 doesn't hold and keep the Login info particularly the password. Hopefully, this is the end of the matter, but........................

The Wiz doesn't keep the password in the "settings" file, instead I believe the IceTV server sends back a 'member token' (the contents looks like a GUID to me) in response to the login.
I guess it's possible the details were lost in your efforts to get the service restored, and perhaps only a manual fetch would work in that circumstance. If you set the poll interval back to 15 mins, you may have to re-enter the password again. Then just check the Ice log to see if it auto-polls.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 07:52

Problem back. Just a thought.......do you think it might be helpful to delete the IceTV plug and and reinstall it, if that's possible?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 08:25

Maindee wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 07:52
Problem back. Just a thought.......do you think it might be helpful to delete the IceTV plug and and reinstall it, if that's possible?
How has the problem manifested itself now?
You would have had a week's worth of guide data from yesterday's IceTV download. Do you still have all that previously fetched EPG data and are just missing data for 7 days in advance?

What is the IceTV log saying now?

I don't think it would be helpful to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 08:04

I can hardly believe it. All EPG data is back for 7 days, except for Day 7 (Wednesday) data for 9HD, Prime7 Win Canberra, 9Gem and 7TWO Canberra. Hopefully this will catch up tomorrow

The Log shows that for every 15 minutes from 05:58:53 to 08:13:54 the EPG Data and Timers we successfully updated. My password seems to come and go. Earlier this morning it was showing in the "IceTV - User Information" but now all that shows is a single dot.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 08:26

Maindee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 08:04
I" but now all that shows is a single dot.
The single dot is normal, don't worry about that.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 08:25

Up-date. This is day 2 and my IceTV EPG downloading has been performing beautifully - 7 day data all present and correct. I am not sure what specifically was done to achieve this, but winners are grinners :D :D :D

A good result. Thanks guys

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 14, 2017 17:30

Maindee wrote:
I was aware that PRL was in discussion with IceTV about some problems with EPG but nothing specific. I now understand that it relates to missing sections of the EPG. ...

That's correct. I don't think the issue I was looking at with Daniel Hall at IceTV is related to thie problems you had.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 16:26

At the risk of tempting fate, do you have any thoughts as to why suddenly my IceTV EPG is working properly? FYI, it wasn't an action by IceTV as they asked me what had changed.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 19:15

The passage of time will move one set of the conflicting EPG entries out of the EPG eventually, and once that happens, anything that triggers a full EPG update (GUI restart, reboot or disable IceTV, re-enable and manual EPG fetch) will fill in the missing parts of the EPG.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 08:10

Thanks Peter,

I don't really understand how what you say works but its good to know that there is a rational explanation. Is there any way to stop this from happening or to get to the solution quicker?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 08:52

Maindee wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 08:10
Thanks Peter,

I don't really understand how what you say works but its good to know that there is a rational explanation. Is there any way to stop this from happening or to get to the solution quicker?

The solution is currently being worked on. The fixes on the IceTV side have already been done, and I've coded and I'm in the process of testing the Beyonwiz-side fixes.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 09:10

prl wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 08:52
The solution is currently being worked on.
I'm not sure that Maindee's original problems have anything to do with the IceTV id collisions that you are in the process of providing fixes for.

It sounded like, Maindee's original issue resulted in a complete loss of guide information, and there were authentication issues with IceTV, and possibly a network misconfiguration before that. And I assume that this is the problem that Maindee is looking to avoid in the future? (happy to be corrected though)

I think that as long as Maindee doesn't mess with the IceTV login information and/or Wizard, its unlikely that the problem will reoccur.

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 14:36

Spot on MrQuade and I will keep well away from the settings. Thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:43

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 09:10
prl wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 08:52
The solution is currently being worked on.
I'm not sure that Maindee's original problems have anything to do with the IceTV id collisions that you are in the process of providing fixes for.

Quite right. I gave the right answer to the wrong question. :oops:
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:48

Maindee wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 16:26
At the risk of tempting fate, do you have any thoughts as to why suddenly my IceTV EPG is working properly? FYI, it wasn't an action by IceTV as they asked me what had changed.

Going back to the actual question, since it was never resolved what the cause was nor what fixed it, it's hard to say whether it might return.

I sometimes see that the IceTV user token no longer works on either our in-use T4 or on one of my test machines, but that's always accompanied with an error popup that says it can't log in to the IceTV server. Once I log in again, it all works just fine, but that doesn't seem to be what happened.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Ice TV”