Unable to see Ice TV timers

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

nexus7
Master

Unable to see Ice TV timers

Post by nexus7 » Thu May 11, 2017 15:03

My trusty DP1 has become a little unreliable, so I have upgraded to the T4.
I have just set up my new machine but I am unable to see my Ice TV timers. No 'Ice' programs are recording.
Recordings set in the Wiz are fine - I can see the list and play them.
The Ice TV app was installed when I received the T4, and I completed the sign-in - email address, password, area etc.
I went to the Ice TV web site and added a new device (as an 'existing' user)
My new T4 shows timers downloaded (up to date) every 15 minutes.
But there is no sign of my timers or recorded programs.
Clearly I have set up something incorrectly.
Can anybody help me please?

vader1111
Master

Re: Unable to see Ice TV timers

Post by vader1111 » Thu May 11, 2017 15:20

nexus7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 15:03
My trusty DP1 has become a little unreliable, so I have upgraded to the T4.
I have just set up my new machine but I am unable to see my Ice TV timers. No 'Ice' programs are recording.
Recordings set in the Wiz are fine - I can see the list and play them.
The Ice TV app was installed when I received the T4, and I completed the sign-in - email address, password, area etc.
My new T4 shows timers downloaded (up to date) every 15 minutes.
But there is no sign of my timers or recorded programs.
Clearly I have set up something incorrectly.
Can anybody help me please?
Can you see the IceTV EPG?

If so, then the solution could be as simple as re-sending the timers from IceTV. In IceTV, go to My Account->My Recorders, and click on "Re-send all recordings for all devices".

Also, you shouldn't need to add the device from the IceTV website. The T4 should do it automatically as part of the IceTV Setup Wizard execution.
2x T2 19.3 20201114

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu May 11, 2017 15:41

vader1111 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 15:20
Can you see the IceTV EPG?

If so, ...

And if not, you may need to do MENU>IceTV>Enable IceTV, then MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 11, 2017 15:45

Also note that because the T4 is be a different device to your old DP-P1, you will need to switch all your existing timers from the old PVR to the new one.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu May 11, 2017 16:00

nexus7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 15:03

Ensure you don't now have two T4s registered in Ice under My Account -> My Recorders

nexus7
Master

Post by nexus7 » Thu May 11, 2017 16:11

Thank you all for your very prompt responses.

I have done - Menu>Enable Ice TV, and Menu>IceTV> fetch EPG and update timers.
Yes, I had 2 T4's registered (one was automatic as I logged in). I have deleted one.
I have been into Ice TV website and done a 'resend all timers'.
Still no luck.

I cannot see the Ice TV EPG - I "think" all I have is the Wiz EPG. Am I looking in the right place?
I cannot see an Ice TV timer list (I can see a timer list for timers entered directly from the Wiz.)
Is there Separate ICE EPG and Timer list which I have not found yet?

Thank you for your help to date.
Any more ideas?

Regards
Mike

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 11, 2017 16:26

nexus7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 16:11
I cannot see the Ice TV EPG - I "think" all I have is the Wiz EPG. Am I looking in the right place?
I cannot see an Ice TV timer list (I can see a timer list for timers entered directly from the Wiz.)
The Ice EPG and Timers integrate themselves with the Wiz interfaces.

If your EPG is populated with shows and there is a big IceTV logo in the background of the EPG, then the Ice EPG is working.

Any timers that were sent to/from Ice TV will show up in the EPG with a tiny little Ice logo on them in the EPG and in the Timer list.

Have you confirmed that your timers on the IceTV website are pointing at the T4 and not our DP-P1?
Last edited by MrQuade on Thu May 11, 2017 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu May 11, 2017 16:27

nexus7 wrote:
Thank you all for your very prompt responses.

I have done - Menu>Enable Ice TV, and Menu>IceTV> fetch EPG and update timers.
Yes, I had 2 T4's registered (one was automatic as I logged in). I have deleted one.
I have been into Ice TV website and done a 'resend all timers'.
Still no luck.

You may have deleted the wrong one. You may need to delete the other one, too, and then go through the device setup on the Beyonwiz again. Don't do it on both the IceTV Web page and the Beyonwiz!

And anyway, as MrQuade posted, IceTV recordings belong to a specific device. If you want to transfer recordings from one to the other, you need to do it by hand for each recording. But before you do that, you probably want to try just setting one new timer with the T4's device name and make sure that works. I had to do 400+ recordings. Don't delete any old IceTV devices before you've changed their recordings over to the new one.
nexus7 wrote:
If IceTV is enabled, it shows the IceTV "blue star" logo in the EPG's background and if it's not you see the Beyonwiz "blue button" logo in the background (in the pre-installed skins). In IanSav's OverlayHD skin, in IceTV is enabled, there's a small IceTV star logo displayed on the EPG.
nexus7 wrote:

There is only one timer list. In the timer list, timers under IceTV control are marked with a small IceTV blue star. That can include manually created timers that IceTV has recognised and will update.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

nexus7
Master

Post by nexus7 » Thu May 11, 2017 17:36

Thank you again for your very prompt responses.

- I did not understand that the Wiz interfaces were integrated.
- Yes, I have the big ICE TV logo on the EPG.
I have no timers showing on my 'timers' list.

How do I confirm that the ICE TV timers on the ICE website are pointed at my T4?
I currently have both the DP-P1 and the T4 on the ICE TV website - I thought that the timers would be be sent to both recorders.
I would like to keep the timers sent to both recorders during my 'change-over' period.

With your help, I am getting there. All I need now is an ICE TV timer list (and the automatic recording attached to it)

Thank you in advance for all your help.
Mike.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 11, 2017 17:53

nexus7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 17:36
How do I confirm that the ICE TV timers on the ICE website are pointed at my T4?
I currently have both the DP-P1 and the T4 on the ICE TV website - I thought that the timers would be be sent to both recorders.
I would like to keep the timers sent to both recorders during my 'change-over' period.
Click on the recording on the IceTV website, and it will say which device that the timer is being sent to.
You can't send a timer to two devices at once, so you will still need to set up a second set of timers for the T4 to run in parallel.

The Guide will show only recordings for a single device. Check the "Device" dropdown at the top of the IceTV website guide to see which device you are currently looking at.

Your best bet might be to go into your "My Series" screen on the Ice website, and get a list of all your series recordings. Click on each one in turn and set up a new series recording for each one, but set the T4 as the destination device.

If you have any other one-off timers, you can probably duplicate those by going into your "My Week" page on the Ice site.

vader1111
Master

Post by vader1111 » Thu May 11, 2017 17:58

If you can see the IceTV logo on the EPG, and the EPG has been populated, then your T4 is talking to IceTV.

You still need to setup your IceTV account so that the timers are all sent to your T4, instead of your old DP P1.

To do this, go to the IceTV website. Go to TV GUIDE -> MY SERIES. Select a series recording, then click on "Update Series Recording on XXXX" (where XXXX is the device name for your DP P1). The Update Series Recording box will appear. Click on XXXX under Device, and select your T4 device instead.

Rinse & repeat for every series recording on the list. Yes, this is repetitive. Unfortunately, there's no way of changing them in bulk.

IceTV will automatically schedule them for your T4, and your timer list should be populated next time the T4 does a fetch (i.e. sometime in the next 15 minutes).
2x T2 19.3 20201114

vader1111
Master

Post by vader1111 » Thu May 11, 2017 18:04

MrQuade wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 17:53
nexus7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 17:36
Click on the recording on the IceTV website, and it will say which device that the timer is being sent to.
You can't send a timer to two devices at once, so you will still need to set up a second set of timers for the T4 to run in parallel.

The Guide will show only recordings for a single device. Check the "Device" dropdown at the top of the IceTV website guide to see which device you are currently looking at.

Your best bet might be to go into your "My Series" screen on the Ice website, and get a list of all your series recordings. Click on each one in turn and set up a new series recording for each one, but set the T4 as the destination device.

If you have any other one-off timers, you can probably duplicate those by going into your "My Week" page on the Ice site.
It is possible to send timers for the same show to multiple devices.

In MY WEEK, select the show, select "Schedule New Recording", specify the new device.

It can be done, and I can understand why someone would do it while transitioning from an old box to a new one.
2x T2 19.3 20201114

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 11, 2017 18:16

vader1111 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 18:04

In MY WEEK, select the show, select "Schedule New Recording", specify the new device.

It can be done, and I can understand why someone would do it while transitioning from an old box to a new one.
That is exactly what I said in my post. You set up a SECOND timer for the same show to go to the second PVR. The same timer cannot be sent to two devices though.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 12, 2017 11:03

MrQuade wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 18:16
vader1111 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 18:04

That is exactly what I said in my post. You set up a SECOND timer for the same show to go to the second PVR. The same timer cannot be sent to two devices though.
I think the argument here is just what "same" is referring to ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

nexus7
Master

Post by nexus7 » Sat May 13, 2017 08:57

Following all of your help, I now have Ice TV up and running.
Just moving timers etc across to the T4 today.

Again - thank you for your help - especially MrQuade, vader111, prl and Grumpy-Geoff.

Mike

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34

prl wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 16:27
If you want to transfer recordings from one to the other, you need to do it by hand for each recording.
One at a time??? That's just mean...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:01

BigbobOz wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34
prl wrote:
If you want to transfer recordings from one to the other, you need to do it by hand for each recording.

That's what I did when I consolidated the recordings from our DP-Lite and DP-P2 onto our new T4. Around 400 series recordings, IIRC.

See IceTV Forum topics:
Transferring recordings to a new device
Transferring Existing Series Recordings to your SKIPPA

In that second topic:
Dave at IceTV on: September 23, 2015, 01:26:57 PM wrote:Instead of manually editing each of your series recordings and changing the selected device, SKIPPA owners might want to wait a couple of days.

We are adding an option on the website make it easy to copy all of a device's series recordings to another device. This will be a big help for anyone adding a new SKIPPA or T series Beyonwiz to their account to replace an existing device.

When you add a new device to your account you will be able to click on the Transfer option and have all of your old device's series recordings copied over to your new device.

But later in the same topic:
ozmosys on: October 02, 2015, 06:08:38 PM wrote:I cannot see the "transfer" option anywhere on my account or series pages. Is this feature available yet?
prl on: October 02, 2015, 08:36:09 PM wrote:Its actual implementation has not yet been announced.
holden on: October 18, 2015, 11:05:22 AM wrote:I take it this feature is now on the back burner ?
IanL-S on: October 18, 2015, 11:35:17 AM wrote:I would say so. I suspect this would be something done by Daniel and he seems to be busy assisting with other more urgent things ... like getting the EPG running properly and making sure all the apps are still working properly.
Topic ends

AFAIK, that feature is still to be implemented. It would be nice to have, though.

If you ask iceTV support nicely they may be able to move them for you.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 15:13

BigbobOz wrote:
prl wrote:
Personally, I found it easier using the app than the website when duplicating recordings on the T4.

Went to "my series" and selected "record series - on a different device".
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Jun 10, 2017 16:10

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 15:13
BigbobOz wrote:
prl wrote:
Personally, I found it easier using the app than the website when duplicating recordings on the T4.

Went to "my series" and selected "record series - on a different device".

The method I used was slightly different as I was moving the series recordings to a new device. I'm pretty sure I did it via 'My Week', selecting each upcoming series and 'Update Series Recording on {current device}' and then select the new target device and then update.
That got most of the current series over to the new device. My plan was to then go through 'My Series' and move the rest - still to get to that :)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 16:44

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 16:10
The method I used was slightly different as I was moving the series recordings to a new device. I'm pretty sure I did it via 'My Week', selecting each upcoming series and 'Update Series Recording on {current device}' and then select the new target device and then update.
That got most of the current series over to the new device. My plan was to then go through 'My Series' and move the rest - still to get to that :)

That's pretty much what I did, too: move the current recordings, and them move the rest, but I actually did the grind work and moved the old recordings. :)

I did two or three sessions to move them all. It doesn't take all that long per entry.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 21:20

Yeah I resigned myself to the grind. Done most but some I can probably delete but I'll get back to that later :D

Return to “Ice TV”