T2 not allocating timers to all three turners

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanL-S
Master

T2 not allocating timers to all three turners

Post by IanL-S » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39

On Friday I updated the firmware on both my T2s. Since doing so, IceTV is reporting numerous timer update failures. The email content suggests that the T2 is only using two of the three tuners. Checked using OpenWebif and it shows that there are 3 tuners, including the USB Tuner.

I tried a Factory Settings reset but it manually set up the T2. The problem still there. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

prl
Wizard God

Re: T2 not allocating timers to all three turners

Post by prl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:50

The IceTV plugin should just be reporting the results of it trying to set the timers. It doesn't do any sanity checking itself; it just asks the recording list to add the recording and reports any errors from that.

What happens if you try to allocate recordings on three tuners from the T2's EPG?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:13

I just tried it on my test T2 running 20170310. I could set timers that use 3 different tuners (set on ABC, SBS & Nine). No errors.

Do all three tuners also show up in MENU>Information>Devices?

If you set MENU>Setup>Tuners>Tuner allocation>Preferred tuner to each of the three tuners in turn, does live TV work on the tuner? You need to change to a different broadcaster after each change of Preferred tuner to take effect. Check the tuner info on the infobar to make sure the preferred tuner is actually being used.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30

Under information it list all three tuners.

I tried setting preferred tuner to Tuners A, B, and C in turn. In each case live TV worked as expected (moving through various networks). When I tried to do manual recording on three networks I got a clash message with the third.

The good news is that with the other T2 I am not seeing this problem.

Ian

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:50

Both T2s running 20170310?

Have you checked in MENU>Setup>Tuners>Tuner configuration that one of the tuners isn't set to Nothing connected? It seems an unlikely thing for you to have done, and it causes different symptoms to what you've described, because if Tuner C is set to Not connected, it's never actually used for live TV if you set the preferred tuner to Tuner C.

If it's not that, it may be worth trying to compare the settings files between the two to see whether there's anything that's different that shouldn't be, or try swapping the USB tuners between the two T2s.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Apr 03, 2017 13:16

This may not apply, but it was something I found out when testing the USB tuner on the T2.
I disabled the USB tuner (C tuner) for some reason I can't recall now (I think I was trying to test recording from a remote/standy tuner of my T4).
I then entered a timer and the timer sanity check popup would appear. It didn't matter how much I trimmed the start/duration times of the 'shown' timers, I kept getting the sanity popup.
Much later I found out it appeared to be whinging about a timer foi a few days hence.

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Mon Apr 03, 2017 13:25

On the second T2 for the USB Tuner it is listed as Enabled, as are the other Tuners. However for the first T2 there is nothing about the USB Tuner being enabled. How do you then enable it?

Ian

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Apr 03, 2017 13:32

IanL-S wrote:On the second T2 for the USB Tuner it is listed as Enabled, as are the other Tuners. However for the first T2 there is nothing about the USB Tuner being enabled. How do you then enable it?

Ian
#1 - check the tuner is properly plugged in (yep, happened to me y'day :))
#2 - reboot (sometimes just a GUI restart is enough to 'discover' the tuner, other times not :| )
#3 - unlikely to be disabled in settings, but check Setup -> Tuners -> Tuner configuration

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 13:35

IanL-S wrote:.. However for the first T2 there is nothing about the USB Tuner being enabled. How do you then enable it? ..
Do you mean that the USB tuner isn't listed in MENU>Setup>Tuners>Tuner configuration?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Mon Apr 03, 2017 14:12

prl wrote:
IanL-S wrote:.. However for the first T2 there is nothing about the USB Tuner being enabled. How do you then enable it? ..
Do you mean that the USB tuner isn't listed in MENU>Setup>Tuners>Tuner configuration?
It (USB Tuner) was listed, but was not said to be Enabled (as it was on the other T2).

Subsequently I rebooted the T2, and made sure the the USB turner was properly connected, and the USB turner is now shown as enabled. I was able to do three concurrent recordings from differnt networks. The timers that previously failed to downlad from IceTV downloaded. Not sure what I did but it is now working.

Ian

Return to “Ice TV”