IceTV all over the place of late!

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Flash_Gordon
Master

IceTV all over the place of late!

Post by Flash_Gordon » Tue Nov 08, 2016 08:59

Anybody finding IceTV for Perth all over the place? Wrong entries, unknown entries, etc?

Because of the above I have missed recording last couple of episodes of The Block, including last nights, which didn't go down well at home.

Even their forum server has been coming back with "503 - Bad Gateway" error occasionally and again this morning.

Are they on the way out......again perhaps?
1x Beyonwiz U4 (lounge), 1x Beyonwiz T4 (b/room), Dune HD Base 3D, Minix Neo U9-H,
Hisense N58N5 + Onkyo TX-NR646 + Accusound Ref 8.6
Logitech Harmony Elite Universal Remote

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: IceTV all over the place of late!

Post by MrQuade » Tue Nov 08, 2016 09:07

I have noticed that particularly in regards to the movies it has been pretty bad for the last week or so.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

tezza007
Wizard

Post by tezza007 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:34

I haven't had a bad gateway for 2 or days, but I posted yesterday morning about the 7Perth guide being wrong and they didn't do anything about it.
Colin told me about a month ago that they were in the black
Tezza

Beyonwiz T4, 1TB internal WD Green HDD, 4TB USB Portable HDD
Beyonwiz T4, 500GB 2.5" internal HD
LG 500w sound bar
LG 70UF770T LED LCD 4K 70" TV
LG Magic Remote

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:55

Flash_Gordon wrote:... Even their forum server has been coming back with "503 - Bad Gateway" error occasionally and again this morning.
The "Bad Gateway" is a forum software-specific problem. The new version of the forum software seems to have a number of issues:
  • The "Preview" button submitted instead of doing a preview. It has been disabled for now.
  • IceTV forum search gives a blank screen.
  • The forum software crashes and restarts every now and then. While it's restarting you get "Bad gateway"
Daniel Hall at IceTV posted on that forum reasonably recently that the "Bad Gteway" problem is still being investigated.

Funnily enough, while I was digging around on the IceTV forum for the references, I got the dreaded "Bad Gateway" again. :roll:

Bad Gateway! Bad, bad, Gateway!
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:02

Tiphanee has responded on the IceTV forum about the Perth EPG problems.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:03

Flash_Gordon wrote:...
Because of the above I have missed recording last couple of episodes of The Block, including last nights, which didn't go down well at home.
It was a late programming change due to the cricket's early finish. There's posts over on Whingepool stating that.
Last night's episode is being shown again this 'arvo -
The Block
Tuesday 8th November at 2:35 pm (84 minutes)
Final Challenge Rooms Revealed: Tonight The Block is officially complete as the teams hand over their final rooms of the challenge apartment. There's a special guest judge and another chance to win $20,000, $15,000 or $10,000 off their reserve prices on auction day.
Actors/Presenters: Scott Cam
PG
2016, HD, Australia, Repeat, CC, Lifestyle, Reality/Real-Life
http://www.ourguide.com.au/searcher.php ... on=+Search+

Even NINE's own guide has omitted the unexpected repeat in places -
"Final Challenge Rooms Revealed" listed - https://www.yourtv.com.au/search?q=the+block&region=101
Not listed - https://www.yourtv.com.au/program/the-block/153946/

vader1111
Master

Post by vader1111 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 13:30

Flash_Gordon wrote:Anybody finding IceTV for Perth all over the place? Wrong entries, unknown entries, etc?

Even their forum server has been coming back with "503 - Bad Gateway" error occasionally and again this morning.

Are they on the way out......again perhaps?
Blame the cricket for last night's fiasco. I had my T2 set to record Hyde & Seek, and missed the last 5 minutes because Nein started the show 30 minutes late (even with 25 minutes of post-padding).

The cricket finished early, so Nein made a lot of changes to their broadcast schedule. They didn't bother updating any ep guides, so IceTV had no way of updating your PVR. Nein's fault, not IceTV's.

Not sure what's causing your other problems, though I have experienced the "Bad Gateway" error message a few times when accessing the IceTV Forum site.
2x T2 19.3 20201114

Return to “Ice TV”