Remote Controls...

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Remote Controls...

Post by IanSav » Sun Nov 05, 2017 14:42

Hi Prl,

Do you happen to own an Android phone or tablet that has an IR emitter? If so, would you be prepared to run some tests on an IR remote control app with all your Beyonwiz devices? I particularly want to test the U4 functionality.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Remote Controls...

Post by prl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 14:58

IanSav wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 14:42
Do you happen to own an Android phone or tablet that has an IR emitter?

Yes, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and I've used your earlier version of the IR remote app on it.
IanSav wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 14:42
If so, would you be prepared to run some tests on an IR remote control app with all your Beyonwiz devices? I particularly want to test the U4 functionality.

No problem.

The phone runs Android 5.0.1, if that matters.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Nov 05, 2017 15:06

Hi Prl,

The new remote control software I am using, and developing for, is called "irplus" and is written by "binarymode". Let me get permission for you to have an early copy of the next generation that has had changes made to better support the things I wanted to do for the Beyonwiz remote controls.

If you load the app now to have a look the only Beyonwiz in the database is for a poor and probably broken P2 definition. I am working on versions of all the Beyonwiz remote controls and then the author will update the app tables and release an update for everyone.

(The app allows for custom remote controls but the author wants to include all Beyonwiz remote controls by default. I intend to ask him to only publish the useful versions. I will make available XML import files of the other versions for all the people who use non standard layouts or code sets.)

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 15:54

IanSav wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 15:06
... If you load the app now to have a look the only Beyonwiz in the database is for a poor and probably broken P2 definition. ...

My P2 is down in Melbourne at the moment, so that's one I can't test :(
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Developers Community”