Merge Fix Request...

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Merge Fix Request...

Post by IanSav » Fri Mar 31, 2017 14:31

Hi PeterU,

Would you please merge in the following two OpenViX fixes that correct the bandwidth frequency and converter displays.

Pull Request #147 - [ServiceName2] Fix DVB-T bandwidth conversion
Pull Request #148 - [Transponder] Improve DVB-T bandwidth logic

Regards,
Ian.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Merge Fix Request...

Post by peteru » Mon Apr 03, 2017 04:19

Both have been merged into the next branch a while ago. The next branch is what I'm using as I work on 17.1 series.

I don't think I'll be able to make any further merges from upstream for inclusion into the 16.1 series. Upstream changed the way timezones are handled in a way that is not backwards compatible. I am not at all keen on shipping an update that will silently reset the timezone for everyone to built in default. The default upstream was Europe/London, but I changed that to Australia/Sydney. Still, it's not acceptable to ship an update that will silently change the timezone. I don't have the time to try and devise a mechanism to somehow convert between the new and old settings, which would be required to stay backwards/forwards compatible.

At this stage, the best way to get specific changes from upstream into 16.1 betas is to open pull request against the master branch of the Beyonwiz Bitbucket repo. I'll have to have a think about the branch management strategy for future releases, but for now, I'll keep master as the 16.1 series branch and next as the 17.1 series branch.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “Developers Community”