T4 bricked after front panel "update"

Moderators: Gully, peteru

arthackett
Apprentice

T4 bricked after front panel "update"

Post by arthackett » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:19

After trawling the forums and google for hours, I still can't find a way to resurect my T4 (2016/02/28 main board date) after running the panel updater from the menu. The update seemed to run normally till it tried to reboot after the install. I left it for about 20min after it went black with the disk and fan spinning up for about 20sec, before momentarily shutting off and then repeating. Powering down and restarting after various wait times gave the same result.
While attempting to boot, it displays the red LED top right which dims after each boot attempt. It refuses to recognise any USB firmware sticks, but while I was playing with cables at the back trying different configs, it booted really fast (the internal drive was disconnected at this point) to the last input (HDMI). I thought it might have recovered enough to try a USB firmware install, but no.
Powering down and up for the suggested wait times (1min, 10sec/2sec, etc) have not yielded any variation in booting, with or without USB firmware connected and no display outputs have appeared on HDMI or composite since. I don't know if there was any vision output during the one successful boot as the HDMI input was in black.

Signed

Desperate

arthackett
Apprentice

Re: T4 bricked after front panel "update"

Post by arthackett » Fri Jan 05, 2018 14:40

After no suggestions, I got a response from wiz support to take it in for service.
Turns out there's no pulse, as in dead CPU or main board. Still waiting for further info.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”