Cant see media on my Server on BW T4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

cookster670
Apprentice

Cant see media on my Server on BW T4

Post by cookster670 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 20:44

Hi Guys

I just received my T4 after my trusty P2 started exhibiting the Error 0000 issues.

I have setup most things, but for the life of me can't get the media streaming working of my Windows 7 desktop

I have sharing enabled which is how my P2 would connect to it. I can still see the media via the P2 as well, so I know that part is still working

the T4 does seem to pickup my desktop as it does see the computername, but when i navigate directories, there is no media

I have tried temporarily disabling the firewall, but it made no difference.

Any ideas ?

I believe i'm on the latest f/w. A USB came shipped with the T4 which i installed straight away. I think it's around 15 June date.

cookster670
Apprentice

Re: Cant see media on my Server on BW T4

Post by cookster670 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 07:51

No one has had this issue ?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43

There's very little information in your post to go on.

I guess that you did the scan in MENU>Setup>Network>Network browser, because that's the only place that does anything like a DP seties network scan. If my guess is right, what did you do after the scan (step-by-step, please!)?

If the guess is wrong, what did you do (again, step-by-step, please)?

There's a quick how-to that covers the simplest cases for connecting to Windows shares here.

In addition to what's there you may also want to make sure that workgroup name in MENU>Setup>Network>Network services>Samba, then MENU again is set to the same workgroup name that your PCs and/or NASes are using.

Please also have a read of How to create good bug reports. Much of it is also useful advice when you're trying to get help fr something that you can't make work properly.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

cookster670
Apprentice

Post by cookster670 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 22:22

Fixed Peter ! (thanks to you)

I was confused by the fact that just by choosing "locations" I could navigate to the folder structure but couldn't see any content.

I never noticed the Browser option in Menu-Setup. Once I got to that, it was easy from there.

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. Happy now

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jun 29, 2015 22:27

When you want to play media, make sure you use the "Media" button on your remote rather than the three opt that are shown in the setup menus.

The media button gives you a better media browsing experience. The setup menu only gives you access to a file manager that has limited media playback functionality.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

cookster670
Apprentice

Post by cookster670 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 20:03

MrQuade wrote:When you want to play media, make sure you use the "Media" button on your remote rather than the three opt that are shown in the setup menus.

The media button gives you a better media browsing experience. The setup menu only gives you access to a file manager that has limited media playback functionality.
Thanks Mr Quade. yep..i have noticed that and is what was confusing me.

Return to “Content, Formats & Media Playback”