IPTV Stream Compatibility

Moderators: Gully, peteru

naigy
Apprentice

IPTV Stream Compatibility

Post by naigy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 15:45

Hi All,

My security camera system has just died and needs to be replaced. I did have this routed through the HDMI input to bring up PIP when needed to check (automatically linked to my door bell). Anyhow as stated I need to replace it and looking to go to IP cameras instead as part of this.

Can anyone advise of detailed specs I need to be aware of for IPTV streams when added to favourites bouquet as channels as opposed to using other IPTV player app. For example what protocols, port number, resolution, bitrate, password ability, encoding, url character length limit etc. if relevant are supported. I may get an NVR to feed these into which would mean I could just run it the same as I currently do (via HDMI input) but I feel this method would offer better versatility as I could map each camera to its own channel number among other things.

I am possibly looking at a camera similar to the following if it is relevant which supports ONVIF 2.4 which appears to be an open standard and RTSP protocol.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32863 ... 2e0e5m9ftT

Hope this makes sense. Any advice appreciated

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: IPTV Stream Compatibility

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 09, 2018 16:06

Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

naigy
Apprentice

Post by naigy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 16:52

Thanks MrQuade,

That has somewhat pointed me in the right direction. Appears a key issue people have may relate to the port number. May just have to buy one and do some testing and then assuming it works than order the extra cameras I need then.

Will continue to research. Just to confirm also if I find something that relates to Enigma2 as opposed to Beyonwiz it should likely still be relevant in this regard shouldn't it?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 09, 2018 17:05

naigy wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 16:52
Just to confirm also if I find something that relates to Enigma2 as opposed to Beyonwiz it should likely still be relevant in this regard shouldn't it?
Yep
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

naigy
Apprentice

Post by naigy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 18:37

Sweet, Thanks for that.

naigy
Apprentice

Post by naigy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 20:14

Camera arrived yesterday and I have been playing with it today. Got camera working and have it linked to a channel number on the T4.

I however am unable to find a way to get it to display in PIP. It appears that RTSP (perhaps all IPTV) streams aren't able to display in a PIP. I can get it to display in main frame and have another channel in the PIP but can't get this channel to display in the PIP window. If I try and swap them then the PIP window just freezes.

Is this a standard thing with IPTV streams and PIP or is there something I can tweak to change this.

I added the IP Camera channel using a Plugin called "Add Stream URL" if that is at all relevant.

Return to “Content, Formats & Media Playback”