Media button / Recording menu item action

Moderators: Gully, peteru

rrroonn
Apprentice

Media button / Recording menu item action

Post by rrroonn » Wed May 04, 2016 15:32

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a refurbished T3. Chugging along quite well with getting it set up but have an issue that was previously discussed here:
http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic. ... ry#p111447

The issue is that the [Media] button and the [Recordings] menu option seem to take you to the last used folder. It seems to ignore the settings for the default start folder.

This is less of an issue for me, but more of one for the missus who likes things to be simple and repeatable. For example, I was previously browsing a DLNA server with lots of files and when (later on) the missus went to see her recordings, it was 'hung up' on "loading list" - where it stayed for several minutes. During this time it was totally unresponsive to input from both the remote and the front panel. Eventually it loaded, but you can imagine that the missus was getting unhappy, especially as it was the first time she was using the Beyonwiz. It would be nice if it always went back to the same starting directory.

Does anyone know if there Is any workaround for this problem?

I am running the 20160419 software installed today.

Thanks for taking the time to read, regards,

Ron

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Media button / Recording menu item action

Post by MrQuade » Wed May 04, 2016 16:22

This would be a new feature request rather than an "issue" as such.

As indicated in the thread that you linked, the default directory setting only applies to the music player, not the media player. So effectively, the MEDIA button acts as the programmer intended.

This post might best be moved to the feature requests forum and re-stated.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Content, Formats & Media Playback”