Another Power timer question

Moderators: Gully, peteru

kruzenvax
Apprentice

Another Power timer question

Post by kruzenvax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50

Hi all,

Following the discussion on [recording] timers with no title I have attempted to schedule a T4 GUI reboot each night as apparently it may fix some of the issues. At the moment my T4 is NOT programmed to go into deep standby (contrary to the advice I got before - the reason for that is I wanted to troubleshoot these empty timers and though it may have something to do with deep standby issues as discussed). The intent is to perform reboot GUI at night and the go to normal standby.

So far I have not been 100% successful - options I tried are:

1) Reboot GUI timer with no end time and after action of "go to standby" - reboots as expected but stays woken up afterwards.
2) Reboot GUI timer with end time + 3 minuted and after action of "go to standby" - 1st asks for the confirmation to reboot GUI (yes) the reboots, then stays woken up afterwards.
3) Reboot GUI timer with no end time and after action of "nothing", then a separate "go to standby" timer 5 minutes later with after action of "nothing". 1st asks for approval to reboot (default is yes for 120+ seconds) then reboots then asks for approval to go to standby (default is yes for 120+ seconds) then stands by. Was working OK when I was testing it day time, when I changed timers to 1am and checked the unit this morning it was woken up.
I'm not sure if there is any log to check what exactly happened this night.

Any clues of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

prl
Wizard God

Re: Another Power timer question

Post by prl » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:59

kruzenvax wrote:...
I'm not sure if there is any log to check what exactly happened this night.
Debug logging is off by default. You can only enable and disable it from the Open Webif interface. It's in Extras>Settings>Log settings in the Open Webif web page.

If you enable debug logging, I recommend switching the logging destination from /home/root to /media/hdd. The log filess themselves will go, respectively, into /home/root/logs and /media/hdd/logs.

You need to restart the GUI to start the first log running. After that, a new log file will be created on each GUI restart.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

kruzenvax
Apprentice

Post by kruzenvax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:07

Thanks a lot. What is Open Webif and how do I access that?

Also - if I may - is there anything wrong with my timers - e.g. I may not need to do the logging at all?

Thanks

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 19:35

Peter previously posted, but the forums went bye bye..
OpenWebIf is the web interface of the Beyonwiz. If your router plays nicely, from a web browser http://beyonwizt4/ else put the IP address of your beyonwiz in there instead (so http://192.168.0.X/ for example).
You can do quite a lot from the Web Interface including controlling the Beyonwiz with a virtual remote (taking screen snapshots) etc.
Tony

Return to “General Topics”