Transfering files from my old pvr to my T3

Moderators: Gully, peteru

simoncasey
Wizard

Transfering files from my old pvr to my T3

Post by simoncasey » Tue Oct 14, 2014 16:21

Nothing ground-breaking here but I thought others may benefit from my experience where I took my old recordings from my other pvr and copied them onto the T3 so that they appear like other recordings.

My other PVR is a Humax 7500

I first copied the files off of the Humax onto an external hard drive, It is important to use the Humax to copy the files off so that it removes the encryption rather than just copy the files using ftp which doesn't remove the encryption.
The files come off as ts files but I when tried to open them on the T3, found they would not play, although they would play on my PC.
So I ran them through VideoRedo using the Quick Stream Fix and they then played Ok on the T3.
I connected the external drive to the T3 copied them onto the T3 and then noticed that the files just show their full file name and are dated when I copied them, so I looked to see whether I could sort that to make them fit in with the other recordings when sorted by date.
I noticed that T3 files are named in a consistent format which is "YYYYMMDD HHMM - CHANNEL - Program Name.ts".
My files also had the date and time of the recording in the file name but not in that specific format, but when I changed the files to that format and browsed to the media folder, it took a few seconds (I think that's when the T3 creates the .meta file) and the recordings all appeared in the T3 structure with the recording date and time as per the original recording.

I also set up the T3 to be accessible from my PC using Samba as that was the easiest way to modify the file names as I'd already copied them onto the T3 at that stage. If I was to do it again, I could have changed the file names before I copied them over.

So a big win in terms of consistency between pvrs
Beyonwiz T4

Return to “General Topics”