T3 HDMI Version

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Dennis_3003
Apprentice

T3 HDMI Version

Post by Dennis_3003 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 20:25

Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been discussed. I'm purchasing a new TV (Samsung 48" HU8500) and I'm looking for the best HDMI cable. I have stumbled upon the fact that there are versions of HDMI (V1.4, V2) and I'm wondering what type of version is the T3s' HDMI port, as the Samsung TV uses V2. I understand that the V2 cable is backwards compatible and vice-versa, but still.

Also, does anyone know what type of cable is best (28AWG or 24AWG or 30AWG) for the connection.

Thanks,

Dennis
T3-500
DP-S1, packed away as a backup, hoping to never have to go there ;)
Custom Build Windows 7 PC
Lenovo E431 Windows 10 Laptop
Acer Iconia A1-810
Samsung Galaxy S5

Development and hard work is the answer ;)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: T3 HDMI Version

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 06, 2014 20:55

The T3 only supports HDMI features up to 1.2 or 1.3 (3D is included in 1.3, but I am not sure how if the T3 can do 3D in that fashion??)

Don't get too hung up on versions and AWG and all that stuff unless you are trying to push high resolutions at distances over say more than 5m.

My advice is that if the HDMI cable is purely for connection from the T3 to the TV and the run is under 5m, then just buy something moderately priced from your local computer shop. Don't spend less than $10, but also don't spend over $50.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Oct 06, 2014 21:27

Dennis_3003 wrote:I'm looking for the best HDMI cable.
Oooh, oh! Let me. I saw you coming!

I have here this splendiferous Asian made fully imported black snakeskin HDMI cable with connectors of gold. I have fully imported this item from my oriental partners and it is available only in strictly limited quantity. I have sold four out of the five units for over $100 each and was going to keep the last one for myself. However, you sound like a man in need, so I am willing to do you a special deal and will let you have my last extra-special HDMI cable for only $89 plus a tiny $35 shipping and handling charge. :lol:

Buy the shortest possible cable that will connect the two devices in question and buy it cheap from a physical store. Hook it up on the same day and if you experience any problems in the first week, just take it back and get your money refunded in full. Don't worry about the specs of the cable, the T3 does not use anything that would require "special" cables, any cable designed in the last 3 years will be just fine.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Dennis_3003
Apprentice

Post by Dennis_3003 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 21:40

peteru wrote:
Dennis_3003 wrote:I'm looking for the best HDMI cable.
Oooh, oh! Let me. I saw you coming!

I have here this splendiferous Asian made fully imported black snakeskin HDMI cable with connectors of gold. I have fully imported this item from my oriental partners and it is available only in strictly limited quantity. I have sold four out of the five units for over $100 each and was going to keep the last one for myself. However, you sound like a man in need, so I am willing to do you a special deal and will let you have my last extra-special HDMI cable for only $89 plus a tiny $35 shipping and handling charge. :lol:

Buy the shortest possible cable that will connect the two devices in question and buy it cheap from a physical store. Hook it up on the same day and if you experience any problems in the first week, just take it back and get your money refunded in full. Don't worry about the specs of the cable, the T3 does not use anything that would require "special" cables, any cable designed in the last 3 years will be just fine.
Haha ^^ I hope your not for real. Thanks for the advice are was just wondering about versions and etc.
T3-500
DP-S1, packed away as a backup, hoping to never have to go there ;)
Custom Build Windows 7 PC
Lenovo E431 Windows 10 Laptop
Acer Iconia A1-810
Samsung Galaxy S5

Development and hard work is the answer ;)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 21:50

Peteru's advice is right. For typical short (< 2m) HDMI cables, just buy the cheapest you can from somewhere where returns are easy.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Topics”