Terrestrial TV LCN

Moderators: Gully, peteru

10pinto
Apprentice

Terrestrial TV LCN

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 09, 2014 18:45

When i turn the unit on it comes up on screen Terrestrial TV LCN to get rid off i need to use the exit button. Is there a way of turning this off

prl
Wizard God

Re: Terrestrial TV LCN

Post by prl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 19:05

10pinto wrote:When i turn the unit on it comes up on screen Terrestrial TV LCN to get rid off i need to use the exit button. Is there a way of turning this off
That should only happen just after running the startup wizard (or if you press the FAV button). Try pressing OK instead of EXIT in the Terrestrial TV LCN screen.

I'm assuming that the screen shows the correct list of scanned digital TV services.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 09, 2014 19:59

Ok thanks will have to check next time i turn on, it does not come on everytime.
It actually comes up with a menu ----- Terrestrial TV LCN
----- Favourites TV
------ Last Scanned

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 22:55

10pinto wrote:Ok thanks will have to check next time i turn on, it does not come on everytime.
----- Favourites TV
------ Last Scanned
That's not the menu I thought you meant, but you still need to select Terrestrial TV LCN, press OK, select a channel, and press OK again.

In setup did the service scan complete properly, and when it finished, did you press OK or EXIT?

Also, what do you mean by "it does not come on every time"? That screen only appears sometimes, and sometimes it goes to showing live TV straight away after it's started, or it only boots successfully some of the time, or something else?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 18:45

prl wrote:
10pinto wrote:Ok thanks will have to check next time i turn on, it does not come on everytime.
----- Favourites TV
------ Last Scanned
That's not the menu I thought you meant, but you still need to select Terrestrial TV LCN, press OK, select a channel, and press OK again.

In setup did the service scan complete properly, and when it finished, did you press OK or EXIT?

Also, what do you mean by "it does not come on every time"? That screen only appears sometimes, and sometimes it goes to showing live TV straight away after it's started, or it only boots successfully some of the time, or something else?
the screen does not appear every time i turn on, sometimes it goes to showing live TV straight away after it's started.
I did a rescan then pressed ok and then turned unit off then turned back on again then the screen appeared again, is this normal for this screen to appear or should it go straight to live tv

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 21:58

10pinto wrote:...
I did a rescan then pressed ok and then turned unit off then turned back on again then the screen appeared again, is this normal for this screen to appear or should it go straight to live tv
How did you turn it off?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 22:45

prl wrote:
How did you turn it off?
just with the power button on the remote

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 07:25

If i do a factory reset (upgrade should be the same), after the setup wizard completes, I get the channel list screen that allows me to select from the channels in Terrestrial LCN (not the screen you describe in your first post). Once I've selected a channel there (just press OK on any channel in the list), I go to live TV. After that, when I restart I get live TV showing on the same channel that was showing when I shut down.

I never get the bouquet selection screen (the one you get when you press FAV in live TV) at startup.

I'm not sure why you're getting what you've described, but it's not normal behaviour.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09

T3.jpg
T3.jpg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
Thanks for your replies this is the screen i get sometimes when i turn unit on, only way out is to press exit.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 16:19

just turned on this afternoon and this screen came on again

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Sep 12, 2014 16:25

Just a guess on my part but maybe try this - select favourites and select a channel - watch for a few moments then power off with the remote, then turn the power off at the power point, wait for a minute or two then turn on. ?????
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 17:19

netmask wrote:Just a guess on my part but maybe try this - select favourites and select a channel - watch for a few moments then power off with the remote, then turn the power off at the power point, wait for a minute or two then turn on. ?????
That is the screen that you get when you press FAV. If the OP hasn't set up any Favourites in the Favourites list, then selecting Favourites is the wrong thing to do.

The most straight-forward thing to do here is to select Terrestrial LCN, then select a channel.

I'm very puzzled by the description of the problem, and I can't think of any settings changes that would cause this problem. I never see that as the first screen after startup, except, perhaps after an update or Factory Settings reset.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 17:43

prl wrote:
netmask wrote:Just a guess on my part but maybe try this - select favourites and select a channel - watch for a few moments then power off with the remote, then turn the power off at the power point, wait for a minute or two then turn on. ?????
That is the screen that you get when you press FAV. If the OP hasn't set up any Favourites in the Favourites list, then selecting Favourites is the wrong thing to do.

The most straight-forward thing to do here is to select Terrestrial LCN, then select a channel.

I'm very puzzled by the description of the problem, and I can't think of any settings changes that would cause this problem. I never see that as the first screen after startup, except, perhaps after an update or Factory Settings reset.
You are correct, i have not set up favorites yet. Like i have said it does not appear every time, but does happen daily.
Not sure as to why you are puzzled by my description, this screen appears on start up, will try and select a channel as suggested.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 17:55

I'm very puzzled by the description of the problem, ....
... Not sure as to why you are puzzled by my description, ...[/quote]
I'm not puzzled by your description. I'm puzzled by your description of the problem. I can't reproduce the problem, so it has to be your description of the problem that puzzles me.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 18:01

prl wrote:
I'm very puzzled by the description of the problem, ....
... Not sure as to why you are puzzled by my description, ...
I'm not puzzled by your description. I'm puzzled by your description of the problem. I can't reproduce the problem, so it has to be your description of the problem that puzzles me.[/quote]
ok we seem to have the puzzled sorted out, it seems that i can turn it off a few times and it does not occur. If i turn off tonight when i go to bed then when i turn back on after not having it on for long periods of time then the screen appears.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 18:22

I restart my T3, either completely, or just the GUI, over and over doing beta testing and trying to fix software issues (to test any change I make I have to restart at least the GUI). I never see the problem you've described.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 19:24

prl wrote:I restart my T3, either completely, or just the GUI, over and over doing beta testing and trying to fix software issues (to test any change I make I have to restart at least the GUI). I never see the problem you've described.
I turned it off to go and have dinner, just after 1 hour i turned back on and the screen was there again, pressed exit to get back to live TV

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Sep 12, 2014 19:49

Earlier you were asked "how do you turn it off" and you said with the power button ON the remote. Do you do a short press or a long press ie turn the all power off so that next time you turn it on you see the start up screen etc... just a thought that a cold restart is required. Maybe setting a couple of Favourites and selecting a channel and then powering off completely?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 20:44

I don't see what Favourites would have to do with this. I haven't had any set up for ages, and I don't see this problem.

A factory reset and then slowly re-applying settings might be more informative about the problem. Not that I can think of any settings that would cause this, but at least a factory reset or re-install of an upgrade would get the T3 back to a known state.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Sun Sep 14, 2014 14:52

prl wrote:I don't see what Favourites would have to do with this. I haven't had any set up for ages, and I don't see this problem.

A factory reset and then slowly re-applying settings might be more informative about the problem. Not that I can think of any settings that would cause this, but at least a factory reset or re-install of an upgrade would get the T3 back to a known state.
might do a factory reset, it keeps coming up on screen. It went 24 hours turned on and it was ok, turned off then turned back on 2 hour later then screen was back. very annoying bug.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Mon Sep 15, 2014 18:45

T31.jpg
T31.jpg (74.83 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
Ok did a factory reset today, i also set up my Favorites. Now it still goes to the same screen but it is on Favorites

gomax
Apprentice

Post by gomax » Tue Sep 16, 2014 07:39

In that screen go to menu.

Option to delete folders you don't want.....

If that's what you need?

:?:
Keep on rockin' in the free world

Beyonwiz T3 3TB, Humax HDR-7500T
DP-P2, Toppy 7100+
WDTV Live, Panny DMR-XW385
Foxtel IQ, IceTV
Denon 4306, Harman Kadon,Yamaha HTR6063B, Vintage B&O
Panny 42" X14A Plasma Panny D25 42" LCD

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 09:59

gomax wrote:In that screen go to menu.

Option to delete folders you don't want.....

If that's what you need?

:?:
My understanding is that its the appearance of that screen when the T3 should normally go straight to live TV that's the problem, not that there's an empty bouquet there.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03

I don't think I need to delete folders. I just don't want this screen coming up when I turn unit on.
Would I be right in saying if I want this screen I just push favourites button and it should not be seen when unit is first turned on.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42

Yes to everything you just said 10pinto.

Does this happen when you:
1) Come back on from (normal) standby.
2) Perform a GUI Reboot.
3) Come back from Deep Standby, or perform a full reboot.

I am just speculating that if it is only happening after a boot from regular standby, perhaps your remote is inadvertently sending the "FAVOURITES" command after sending the "POWER" command (or the T3 IR sensor is misreading "POWER"). Regular standby is the only mode where the T3 might catch both commands if they are sent in quick succession (perhaps).
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17

I can answer the remote issue. I use a harmony touch remote and have tested an can confirm that both harmony an T3 remote do the same thing. Will look at other suggestions tonight after work.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 19:13

MrQuade wrote:Yes to everything you just said 10pinto.

2) Perform a GUI Reboot.

I am just speculating that if it is only happening after a boot from regular standby, perhaps your remote is inadvertently sending the "FAVOURITES" command after sending the "POWER" command (or the T3 IR sensor is misreading "POWER"). Regular standby is the only mode where the T3 might catch both commands if they are sent in quick succession (perhaps).
1) yes
2) did this still no good
3) yesterday did a factory reset

Today i turned unit on at 4.30 pm did not appear on screen then turned off at 5.30, turned back on at 6.30 screen appeared.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 19:23

10pinto wrote:

2) Perform a GUI Reboot.

1) yes
3) yesterday did a factory reset.
That's not quite answering the questions, apart from the first one. Answer 3 doesn't relate to question 3 at all. The question is whether for each of those ways of starting up you get the bouquet selection screen, not whether they fix the problem for subsequent startups.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Sep 16, 2014 19:31

Just another thought I had. Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled in any of your AV devices? Perhaps the T3 is getting a command from some other device that it is connected to.

I'm not even sure if that is something that can be done with CEC mind you, but I am struggling to think of things that might have the potential to tell the T3 to pop that screen up.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:12

prl wrote:
10pinto wrote:

2) Perform a GUI Reboot.

1) yes
3) yesterday did a factory reset.
That's not quite answering the questions, apart from the first one. Answer 3 doesn't relate to question 3 at all. The question is whether for each of those ways of starting up you get the bouquet selection screen, not whether they fix the problem for subsequent startups.
ok sorry i did not answer question 3, i need to get my head around all this terminology. Will put in deep standby tonight then see if it happens tomorrow.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:15

MrQuade wrote:Just another thought I had. Do you have HDMI-CEC enabled in any of your AV devices? Perhaps the T3 is getting a command from some other device that it is connected to.

I'm not even sure if that is something that can be done with CEC mind you, but I am struggling to think of things that might have the potential to tell the T3 to pop that screen up.
my T3 is connected to a onkyo receiver, will have to look into the settings.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 21:10

ok sorry i did not answer question 3, ....
Or question 2, really.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 22:45

prl wrote:
ok sorry i did not answer question 3, ....
Or question 2, really.
i did Perform a GUI Reboot.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Sep 16, 2014 22:56

So you are saying that after a GUI restart, the favourites screen was displayed once the T3 was running again?

(prl was saying the question was not answered as it was not clear if the problem occurred when you restarted the GUI or if subsequent sleep/wake cycles were still broken)

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:21

MrQuade wrote:So you are saying that after a GUI restart, the favourites screen was displayed once the T3 was running again?

(prl was saying the question was not answered as it was not clear if the problem occurred when you restarted the GUI or if subsequent sleep/wake cycles were still broken)
ok done some testing, all good when i do a GUI restart, all good when i shutdown unit.
I appears that it only happens when in standby mode

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:28

Hmmm ok.

My earlier speculation that the T3 is seeing "POWER+FAVOURITES" when you press "POWER" holds some water then. (When coming out of deep sleep or a gui reboot, the power would be registered, but the FAVOURITES would just be sent and ignored, but with a wake from standby, the T3 would receive both commands).

Did you program the Harmony button codes from the bundled remote, or did you just configure it from the Harmony database without any "learning"?

I ask, because if you taught the Harmony via learning, then if it is your T3 remote that is broken, then you would have taught the Harmony the bad code.

However, if the Harmony was programmed purely off the Harmony database, then it is probably something in your T3 that is accidentally sending a power toggle plus favourites whenever it "sees" a power toggle.

Have you updated to the latest front panel firmware that was released a while ago, and the new T3 firmware that was released yesterday?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:36

A good test of Mr Quade's idea would be to come out of standby by pressing the front panel power button instead of the POWER button on the remote. If the T3 always goes to live TV as it should when brought of standby using the front panel power button (assuming it was in live TV when it was put into standby), that localises the problem to the remote.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:41

MrQuade wrote:Hmmm ok.

My earlier speculation that the T3 is seeing "POWER+FAVOURITES" when you press "POWER" holds some water then. (When coming out of deep sleep or a gui reboot, the power would be registered, but the FAVOURITES would just be sent and ignored, but with a wake from standby, the T3 would receive both commands).

Did you program the Harmony button codes from the bundled remote, or did you just configure it from the Harmony database without any "learning"?

I ask, because if you taught the Harmony via learning, then if it is your T3 remote that is broken, then you would have taught the Harmony the bad code.

However, if the Harmony was programmed purely off the Harmony database, then it is probably something in your T3 that is accidentally sending a power toggle plus favourites whenever it "sees" a power toggle.

Have you updated to the latest front panel firmware that was released a while ago, and the new T3 firmware that was released yesterday?
My harmony has been set up on the Harmony data base, My T3 is up to date over the net, was going to update latest firmware via usb but have not do so yet.
Is panel firmware some thing different or is it just the normal firmware ?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:52

10pinto wrote: My harmony has been set up on the Harmony data base, My T3 is up to date over the net, was going to update latest firmware via usb but have not do so yet.
Ok, so it is unlikely to be a fault remote.

The panel update is different. The thread can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8188

Just follow the instructions there. This update includes some fixes for the front panel responding to different brand remotes, but might also be of some help with your problem.

Let us know what the outcome is for both updates.

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:57

MrQuade wrote:
10pinto wrote: My harmony has been set up on the Harmony data base, My T3 is up to date over the net, was going to update latest firmware via usb but have not do so yet.
Ok, so it is unlikely to be a fault remote.

The panel update is different. The thread can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8188

Just follow the instructions there. This update includes some fixes for the front panel responding to different brand remotes, but might also be of some help with your problem.

Let us know what the outcome is for both updates.
Cheers for your help, this forum is the reason i chose a T3 over a Humax 4Tune.
Just have to kick the wife off the TV , will report back as soon as i have updated front panel.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 20:57

I still think the best way to test whether the remote control is the problem is to try starting from standby using the front panel power switch.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 21:12

prl wrote:I still think the best way to test whether the remote control is the problem is to try starting from standby using the front panel power switch.
I have done the front panel update and it now appears that it is the fault of the harmony touch remote. Now that i have done the update when i use the harmony remote the screen appears every time but if i turn on via the front panel or T3 remote every thing is fine.
So i would say it is the harmony remote that is causing this. Any thoughts as to how to fix this.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 21:13

Didn't you say that this also happened with your T3's own remote?

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 21:57

MrQuade wrote:Didn't you say that this also happened with your T3's own remote?
yes it did, will test some more

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 22:40

prl wrote:I still think the best way to test whether the remote control is the problem is to try starting from standby using the front panel power switch.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 22:44

prl wrote:
did this all good

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Sep 18, 2014 22:55

Hmm ok. Sorry I misread your earlier post where you reported the front panel test worked properly. I didn't see the bit about the t3 remote now working.

Well if your additional testing shows that the t3 remote keeps working properly and the Harmony is still exhibiting the problem then it might indeed be the Harmony.

If that is the case I'd start by deleting the t3 device from your harmony and any associated activities and set it up fresh again.

If that doesn't work you could try re-learning the power toggle command from the t3 remote.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 23:10

MrQuade wrote:... If that doesn't work you could try re-learning the power toggle command from the t3 remote.
My Harmony (old 785) normally only emits a single code for each original remote button name. The power up and power down sequence is one place where multiple code emissions can be programmed, but they have to be set up that way. Only a single code can be associated with an original remote button name; it's not possible to teach the power button name to emit two codes (at least not in the 785). It is possible to have a power-up or power-down sequence for a device that has more than one code (I do this on my DPs).

The power up and power down setup for the T3 in the Harmony is where I'd be looking for the cause, not the code associated with the POWER button name.

It's also possible to find out which codes are being received by the T3 by looking at the debug logs. If the cause can't be located in the Harmony setup, then it can probably be found by looking at the logs.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Fri Sep 19, 2014 17:32

MrQuade wrote:Hmm ok. Sorry I misread your earlier post where you reported the front panel test worked properly. I didn't see the bit about the t3 remote now working.

Well if your additional testing shows that the t3 remote keeps working properly and the Harmony is still exhibiting the problem then it might indeed be the Harmony.

If that is the case I'd start by deleting the t3 device from your harmony and any associated activities and set it up fresh again.

If that doesn't work you could try re-learning the power toggle command from the t3 remote.
Just spent 1 hour doing this, i firstly tried to fix power command by pointing to 2 remotes together, still the same. I then deleted the T3 from my harmony then set it up again, still the same.
This is driving me nuts i might just delete T3 from harmony and use the T3 remote.

Return to “General Topics”