Terrestrial TV LCN

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Flash_Gordon
Master

Re: Terrestrial TV LCN

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 01:35

MrQuade wrote:Ahh. In your activity, you need to disable the step that selects an input on the t3.

Go through the setup wizard and when it asks for an input the t3, select the none option.
I was about to ask about this "issue" also, as every time I turn on the T3 I get this screen....but this looks like it could be the fix, as I had set TV for this also.

Will change that setting to None.

Cheers

FG
1x Beyonwiz U4 (lounge), 1x Beyonwiz T4 (b/room), Dune HD Base 3D, Minix Neo U9-H,
Hisense N58N5 + Onkyo TX-NR646 + Accusound Ref 8.6
Logitech Harmony Elite Universal Remote

10pinto
Apprentice

Post by 10pinto » Mon Oct 06, 2014 08:00

Glad this thread has helped someone else. Are you using a harmony touch remote. I ask this because I am having issues with turning on and off. When using activity some times the T3 does not turn on and sometimes does not turn off, also just using in general it is unresponsive changing channels I have to press a few times on touch screen before it works.
The T3 remote works flawlessly.

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:02

10pinto wrote:Glad this thread has helped someone else. Are you using a harmony touch remote. I ask this because I am having issues with turning on and off. When using activity some times the T3 does not turn on and sometimes does not turn off, also just using in general it is unresponsive changing channels I have to press a few times on touch screen before it works.
The T3 remote works flawlessly.
Yes, I am using Harmony ONE....and once I let the Remote use the default Power toggle, rather than learn from the T3 remote, it was fine. In fact, I let it keep all the buttons as default in the end. So now switches on and off with no issues.

Channel changing is immediate, using the channel button. However, I have noticed a short time lag if changing channel by picking a number.

Having said that, I must have set up for "Watching TV" through the remote software about 5 times, till it was right....
1x Beyonwiz U4 (lounge), 1x Beyonwiz T4 (b/room), Dune HD Base 3D, Minix Neo U9-H,

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:14

Flash_Gordon wrote: Channel changing is immediate, using the channel button. However, I have noticed a short time lag if changing channel by picking a number.
Have you configured the Harmony to send the channel number followed by an "Ok"? The T3 delay will be because it is waiting for all the numbers (in case you have a two or three digit channel number). By sending an "Ok", the T3 knows you have finished typing and will act immediately.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:36

MrQuade wrote:
Flash_Gordon wrote: Channel changing is immediate, using the channel button. However, I have noticed a short time lag if changing channel by picking a number.
Have you configured the Harmony to send the channel number followed by an "Ok"? The T3 delay will be because it is waiting for all the numbers (in case you have a two or three digit channel number). By sending an "Ok", the T3 knows you have finished typing and will act immediately.
I didn't set this intentionally.

How do I check if this is the case?

By the way, I did say short time lag....about 3 or 4 secs perhaps...compared to the instantaneous channel change button.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45

Flash_Gordon wrote:
MrQuade wrote:

By the way, I did say short time lag....about 3 or 4 secs perhaps...compared to the instantaneous channel change button.
The timeout in the code is 5 seconds from when the last number button was pressed. Not configurable.

I guess a programmed button for channel change to a specific channel is programmed to a sequence of button presses, like '2', '2' for ABC2. You need to find where that's set up, and change it to '2', '2', 'OK', and the same for all the other channel presets.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:17

prl wrote:
Flash_Gordon wrote:
MrQuade wrote:

The timeout in the code is 5 seconds from when the last number button was pressed. Not configurable.

I guess a programmed button for channel change to a specific channel is programmed to a sequence of button presses, like '2', '2' for ABC2. You need to find where that's set up, and change it to '2', '2', 'OK', and the same for all the other channel presets.
I think I will leave as is, for now. Just in case I do find I want to press more than one digit, such 22, etc.

I can live with the short time lag....

Cheers.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:33

All you need to do is customise your T3 device (not the activity) in the MyHarmony configuration software. Go to the settings that determine how you change channel and make sure that you specify the option that says "press ok after entering channel number".

I am not near a pc that I can check exactly where the option is or what it is called exactly, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:47

MrQuade wrote:All you need to do is customise your T3 device (not the activity) in the MyHarmony configuration software. Go to the settings that determine how you change channel and make sure that you specify the option that says "press ok after entering channel number".

I am not near a pc that I can check exactly where the option is or what it is called exactly, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
I understand.

However, I have to include the "wife factor" in all of this..... :wink:

It took her "months" to get her head around the DP-P1 buttons, so don't want to change too many operations here, if you get my drift.

If she used to press a number to change to that channel, that is what she will be expecting now. She did notice it seemed a tad slow changing to the channel, but wasn't concerned in any way.

I will still check out your suggestion though.

Cheers.

tezza007
Wizard

Post by tezza007 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:15

Flash_Gordon wrote:However, I have to include the "wife factor" in all of this..... :wink:
It took her "months" to get her head around the DP-P1 buttons
Wow! You got a good one! :lol:
Tezza

Beyonwiz T4, 1TB internal WD Green HDD, 4TB USB Portable HDD
Beyonwiz T4, 500GB 2.5" internal HD
LG 500w sound bar
LG 70UF770T LED LCD 4K 70" TV
LG Magic Remote

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:34

I see. My solution was specifically about using the "favourite channels" shortcuts on the Harmony remotes. Those are where the channel change macro functions speed things up. If your wife is using the actual number buttons to change channels then the delay is inevitable as had been noted.

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:43

tezza007 wrote:
Flash_Gordon wrote:However, I have to include the "wife factor" in all of this..... :wink:
It took her "months" to get her head around the DP-P1 buttons
Wow! You got a good one! :lol:
Well some things she did pick up "immediately" (based on her time scale). :roll:

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:43

The behaviour when changing channels by entering channel numbers is the same for the DP series as the T3. You can enter the number and wait for the panel to time out and change channel, or enter OK to change immediately. The only thing that might be different is the length of the timeout.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 13:50

MrQuade wrote:I see. My solution was specifically about using the "favourite channels" shortcuts on the Harmony remotes. Those are where the channel change macro functions speed things up. If your wife is using the actual number buttons to change channels then the delay is inevitable as had been noted.
Ahhhh, I see. Just that you never mentioned Favourites, so I didn't go down that avenue of thought.

I still have to set up the Favourites....as I have only had the unit since Friday, and only installed the HDD and provisionally set it up on Saturday, etc.

So still checking out possible teething problems or differences to what we are used to, etc.

A manual can only go so deep, whereas users cover most possibilities and settings, etc.

I haven't disregarded your suggestion by any means, just have to give it a look-see in the very very near future, e.g.. when not at work. :D

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 14:05

Flash_Gordon wrote:
MrQuade wrote:I see. My solution was specifically about using the "favourite channels" shortcuts on the Harmony remotes. Those are where the channel change macro functions speed things up. If your wife is using the actual number buttons to change channels then the delay is inevitable as had been noted.
Ahhhh, I see. Just that you never mentioned Favourites, so I didn't go down that avenue of thought.
MrQuade (and I) have been talking about using the "favourite channels" shortcuts on the Harmony remotes, not T3 favourites. I.e, that there's a (programmable?) button on your Harmony remote that can take you from your currently selected channel to the one that the button is programmed for,

In fact, if that's what you're talking about, if you do set up favourites lists on the T3, those Harmony channel buttons will no longer work properly without reconfiguration, because Favourites on the T3 don't use LCN numbering of channels; they just use sequential numbering.

Using LCN numbering uniformly across the whole T3 UI is the subject of a quite long-standing enhancement request: #228 - Option to use LCNs for numbering services in Favourites & other bouquets, from March 2014.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Flash_Gordon
Master

Post by Flash_Gordon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 14:41

prl wrote:
Flash_Gordon wrote:
MrQuade (and I) have been talking about using the "favourite channels" shortcuts on the Harmony remotes, not T3 favourites. I.e, that there's a (programmable?) button on your Harmony remote that can take you from your currently selected channel to the one that the button is programmed for,

In fact, if that's what you're talking about, if you do set up favourites lists on the T3, those Harmony channel buttons will no longer work properly without reconfiguration, because Favourites on the T3 don't use LCN numbering of channels; they just use sequential numbering.

Using LCN numbering uniformly across the whole T3 UI is the subject of a quite long-standing enhancement request: #228 - Option to use LCNs for numbering services in Favourites & other bouquets, from March 2014.
Now I get you.....!

OK, will check out the set-up of the remote later at home...

What are "bouquets"?

Thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 14:58

Flash_Gordon wrote:... What are "bouquets"? ...
Collections/lists of digital A/V services, including favourites lists.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “General Topics”