V2 recording unwanted programs

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

V2 recording unwanted programs

Post by The Old Man » Thu Aug 10, 2023 14:27

I set my VG2 to record a SBS program a couple of weeks ago. It was set to record every week.

The V2 played the program back OK. The program wasn't about what I expected, so I deleted it and also deleted it from list of wanted recordings.

At this time I confirmed that the EPG showed that the same program was available for the following week/s. The program listing on the EPG didn't show the program highlighted so I assumed that this would be the end of it but it wan't because the program has been recorded again.

How do I find out what happened?

prl
Wizard God

Re: V2 recording unwanted programs

Post by prl » Fri Aug 11, 2023 16:52

How did you set your V2 to do the weekly recording: ordinary repeating timer, AutoTimer or IceTV. What you need to check depends on how you set up the recpording.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Fri Aug 11, 2023 17:38

I used the ordinary repeat as far as I can remember.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 12, 2023 15:00

The Old Man wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 14:27
At this time I confirmed that the EPG showed that the same program was available for the following week/s. The program listing on the EPG didn't show the program highlighted so I assumed that this would be the end of it but it wan't because the program has been recorded again.

How do I find out what happened?

Unfortunately, ordinary repeat timers don't show in the EPG when they are repeated (only their first run shows in the EPG).

This is expected behaviour, though it is clearly incorrect. There is currently no way to distribute fixes to Beyonwiz firmware (apart from picon updates), so even if a fix was made, it couldn't be distributed.

If you don't want the timer to record things, delete it in the timer list (or disable it there).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gaborhox
On probation

-

Post by Gaborhox » Fri Mar 01, 2024 08:44

Everytime I select the video camera and try to record a video clip, an error message pops up saying, "Failed to start recording"

Anyone else getting this message?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 02, 2024 09:12

It might be useful if you could detail how you "select the video camera".

It would also be useful for you to be precise about the error message in the popup, because as far as I can tell, the Beyonwiz base source code doesn't contain the message "Failed to start recording". Are you using a plugin to try to make the recording?

And if you are in Stuttgart, how are you recording anything from FTA, because the Beyonwiz V2 software doesn't have any tuning tables for any European transmitters (or cable)?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “General Topics”