The text description for 10 Bold (Sydney)

Moderators: Gully, peteru

raj
Master

The text description for 10 Bold (Sydney)

Post by raj » Fri Jun 23, 2023 17:48

G'day,

This is for Sydney users.

I noticed that all of a sudden, 10 Bold shows a <n/a> in the channel name. The Picon is correct as are the various programs.

At first I thought it had something to do with IceTV, but after doing a full location scan for Sydney, while it was getting the available channels, the text description for 10 Bold was blank.

So it appears to be coming from 10 Network.

I am not suggesting a channel rescan, but to check your EPG and see if you are getting a <n;a> for 10 Bold.

prl
Wizard God

Re: The text description for 10 Bold (Sydney)

Post by prl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:30

Do you also see <n/a> in other places where channel names are displayed, like in the channel list (FAV from live TV), or in the infobar when watching 10 Bold (press OK while watching 10 Bold).

Another Beyonwiz user has posted on the IceTV forum about the channel name for 10 Bold not appearing in Sydney, so it may be a broadcaster problem:
https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/ind ... pic=7610.0
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

raj
Master

Post by raj » Sun Aug 06, 2023 19:33

prl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:30
Do you also see <n/a> in other places where channel names are displayed, like in the channel list (FAV from live TV), or in the infobar when watching 10 Bold (press OK while watching 10 Bold).

Another Beyonwiz user has posted on the IceTV forum about the channel name for 10 Bold not appearing in Sydney, so it may be a broadcaster problem:
https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/ind ... pic=7610.0
First, apologies for not responding sooner.

I see the <n/a> in the EPG. In the Info Bar, there was nothing so without the picons I would not see anything.

I seem to have resolved things somewhat.

With Nickelodeon being launched, I did nothing but the label Nickelodeon showed up so this also pointed to the broadcaster.

I decided to have one more go. I did a location scan and this saw a completely scrambled channel list. 10 Bold was right at the end of the channel list, but now it showed up with 10 BOLD (yes all Ucase) in the text title. I launched FTP Commander and transferred the Last Scanned bouquet to my laptop along with the correctly ordered channel list and I copied over the last line into the correct line count and FTPd the corrected files over and rebooted. Still did not show 10 BOLD as the description. I had been using PSPad to do the text editing but as I also have TextPad, I edited the bouquet files using TextPad. I also noticed that previously there were 3 header lines however the last scanned file just generated had just the first of the 3 lines so I deleted the next 2 lines. I FTPd it over rebooted the T2 and now there is no more <n/a> and in its place 10 BOLD.

Not sure if it was the different text editor or the extra header lines but it all works now.

Now, I wonder if I could create a custom bouquet with OpenWebIf? It would make it easier for those not familiar with FTP.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Aug 07, 2023 09:07

After I rescanned for Nickelodeon, 9Gem and 9Go! showed up in my Favourites list as <n/a>. I simply deleted them from the Favourites list in the PVR channel list (FAV from live TV), and then copied new copies of the 9Gem and 9Go! entries from the Terrestrial TV LCN boquet to Favourites.

The cause was that the rescan changed the service type for the two channels from MPEG2 to MPEG4 (one SD and one HD), and the saved serviceref in Favorites no longer matched the actual internal serviceref after the rescan. The problem didn't affect display of the picon, because the picon system is more robust to changes of the service type in servicerefs.

I'm not sure why you edited the Last Scanned bouquet, since it's not in any convenient order to use, nor am I sure what you did to any other bouquet files, so I don't know whether the issue I saw in my recent rescan is the problem you had.

It's certainly possible to create and edit bouquets in OpenWebif, but I'm not sure that that would address the problem you had. It's not possible to add channel names to bouquet entries in OpenWebif, as I think you did.

When you edit files from the Beyonwiz and want to return them to the Beyonwiz, you need to make sure that if you use FTP, you use BINARY mode, not TEXT mode, and that you use a text editor that understands and preserves Unix-style line endinge (<lf>) and doesn't convert them to DOS/Windows line endings (<cr><lf>).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Aug 07, 2023 09:24

BTW, it's normal for the bouquet files to have different headers.

userbouquet.LastScanned.tv:

Code: Select all

#NAME Last Scanned
#SERVICE ...
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv

#NAME Terrestrial TV LCN
#SERVICE 1:64:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0::Terrestrial TV LCN
##DESCRIPTION Terrestrial TV LCN
#SERVICE ...
userbouquet.favourites.tv

#NAME Favourites (TV)
#SERVICE ...
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

raj
Master

Post by raj » Mon Aug 07, 2023 14:03

prl wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 09:07
After I rescanned for Nickelodeon, 9Gem and 9Go! showed up in my Favourites list as <n/a>. I simply deleted them from the Favourites list in the PVR channel list (FAV from live TV), and then copied new copies of the 9Gem and 9Go! entries from the Terrestrial TV LCN boquet to Favourites.

The cause was that the rescan changed the service type for the two channels from MPEG2 to MPEG4 (one SD and one HD), and the saved serviceref in Favorites no longer matched the actual internal serviceref after the rescan. The problem didn't affect display of the picon, because the picon system is more robust to changes of the service type in servicerefs.

I'm not sure why you edited the Last Scanned bouquet, since it's not in any convenient order to use, nor am I sure what you did to any other bouquet files, so I don't know whether the issue I saw in my recent rescan is the problem you had.

It's certainly possible to create and edit bouquets in OpenWebif, but I'm not sure that that would address the problem you had. It's not possible to add channel names to bouquet entries in OpenWebif, as I think you did.

When you edit files from the Beyonwiz and want to return them to the Beyonwiz, you need to make sure that if you use FTP, you use BINARY mode, not TEXT mode, and that you use a text editor that understands and preserves Unix-style line endinge (<lf>) and doesn't convert them to DOS/Windows line endings (<cr><lf>).
I used the Last Scanned as all I wanted was the entry for 10 BOLD. Fortunately it was right at the end.

The reason why I used another text editor was because I thought being the last line, some files end with a cr lf and others with just one of them. Copying the entire line could end up with a rogue character. Even then I decided to do a SaveAs to make sure it was the correct format and I did note that there was a UNIX option so left it that way.

I have a master set of bouquet files with the entries set in LCN order and then do any editing there as the need arises. I save to a working filename. I then FTP to the T2. This has worked well as when new channels were added, I simply scanned for that new channel which showed up in Last Scanned. I then copied it into the working bouquet file in the appropriate line.

Working with the channels with the appropriate LCN makes things so much easier as the channel number is unchanged going from my T2 to P1 to Live TV to IceBox to any of the catch up streaming services, But then, that's me.

Thanks.

Return to “General Topics”