Can't get U4 to connect to 32" Samsung TV

Moderators: Gully, peteru

KGL
Master

Can't get U4 to connect to 32" Samsung TV

Post by KGL » Tue May 30, 2023 14:48

Our big Panasonic TV has died, so I connected a small Samsung TV to the BW but there is no HDMI detected.
I have tried reboots of the BW, changed the HDMI cable, tried the TV out button on the remote and can't seem to get a connection.
I found this forum post: viewtopic.php?t=12303#p164539 but the settings are the same as mine anyway.
"Now, ensure the top three elements are set to: HDMI; Off; and, a resolution the TV can handle. Mine is 1080p."
I don't know what the specs are of the Samsung TV, I have looked through the menu but couldn't find any specs.
So I don't really know what settings need to be assigned in the BW.
When I use the source button on the TV, the TV and AV options are available but both HDMI options are greyed out. However, if I plug in a Chromecast, the HDMI options are available depending on the HDMI port I use.

Hope the HDMI port on the BW hasn't packed it in!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Star6key
Guru

Re: Can't get U4 to connect to 32" Samsung TV

Post by Star6key » Wed May 31, 2023 13:12

KGL wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 14:48
Hope the HDMI port on the BW hasn't packed it in!

Any suggestions appreciated.
If you have a monitor with a hdmi input, plug the u4 into that to rule out a port problem.

KGL
Master

Re: Can't get U4 to connect to 32" Samsung TV

Post by KGL » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:10

Update;
If you have a monitor with a hdmi input, plug the u4 into that to rule out a port problem.
I didn't have another screen with hdmi input but we bought a new TV and it works with the BW.

I suspect that the cable from the BW to the Samsung TV was plugged into the hdmi input port of the BW. When I connected the cable I used a torch and stuck my head into the cupboard from the front. I could see the hdmi port but not the input or output label. While I can't be sure, it makes sense.

Return to “General Topics”