Watch Recorded programmes from another TV

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Jeddie
Master

Watch Recorded programmes from another TV

Post by Jeddie » Thu Apr 20, 2023 19:49

Hi all,

So I have my U4 connected to Samsung TV in lounge room. U4 is on my home network.

Just bought another TV (Sony) which will be located in Media room. This TV is on my home network as well.
From my new TV I can see my recorded programmes via 'miniDLNA Server'. All good.

Just want to check I am doing this the 'best' way in order to watch my recorded programmes/Movies on U4 from Media room TV?
Or is there a better way to achieve this?

Your thoughts?

Jeddie
Master

Re: Watch Recorded programmes from another TV

Post by Jeddie » Sat Apr 22, 2023 17:26

Anybody?

prl
Wizard God

Re: Watch Recorded programmes from another TV

Post by prl » Sat Apr 22, 2023 17:43

There are three ways to view recordings from the Beyonwiz on a TV that doesn't have a HDMI or other A/V connection to the Beyonwiz:
  1. Copy the recording data file (the one with the .ts extension) onto portable media connected to the Beyonwiz's USB port, unmount it, and connect it to the TV's USB port (if it has one), and play that through the TV's media player.
  2. Connect to the Windows share containing the movie folder on the Beyonwiz from the TV and play recordings' .ts files from the share, though I'm not sure than many TVs will be capable of that.
  3. Connect to the Beyonwiz from the TV using DLNA and play recordings using the TV's DLNA media player.
In general, using DLNA is the most convenient, but least capable, of those methods.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Topics”