Connection to Ethernet?????

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Connection to Ethernet?????

Post by The Old Man » Thu Mar 16, 2023 16:37

I know that the V2 is designed to work with Wi-Fi.

Is there anyway to connect it Ethernet instead? I'm always told that this sort of connection faster anf more stable?

If it can be dpne please tell me how?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Connection to Ethernet?????

Post by MrQuade » Thu Mar 16, 2023 18:36

Yep.
You just whack the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port in the back of the V2.

It should automatically get a dynamic IP address from your router and "just work".

You can also manually assign an IP address in the V2 if you like, or even better, configure your router's DHCP server to give the V2 a fixed address so that it doesn't change between reboots.

There are a few caveats to "just work", when it comes to sharing your files via Windows Networking, since the V2's HDD isn't always automatically shared (because it is USB, there is no guarantee that a HDD is present or what it is "called").

There are some other threads that describe what steps you can take to have all plugged in HDDs contents shared on your network.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Mon Mar 20, 2023 17:55

It seemms to have worked just worked, If I go to the set up page with the 5 connection tests all says it's passed.

I haven't so far encountered the other page alluded to in other threads.

As expected this change hasn't hepled at all with my bigger problem about not getting anywhere enough volume from my V2 from either live TV or recording it's made. Maybe It's a provider problem. This is because this mainly with ABC & SBS that are way to soft. Some times turning on/off downmix audio settings makes a hugh difference but not on these 2 providers.

I can go down my favorites list then sellect each station in turn and I can get stations from so soft you aren't certain there is sound at all or else we are almost being blasted out of the room.

Maybe I will have to revert to getting a bluetooth device and or soundbar.

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Mar 20, 2023 18:36

The Old Man wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 17:55

As expected this change hasn't hepled at all with my bigger problem about not getting anywhere enough volume from my V2 from either live TV or recording it's made.
Please keep each topic separate but but how you network is no going to change this as the different ways audio is encoded means there will always be a difference in volume between SD and HD services, etc.

Just make sure you follow the advice in the other topic and any responses belong there please.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “General Topics”