T2 now often won't wake up from deep standby.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

strangerep
Apprentice

T2 now often won't wake up from deep standby.

Post by strangerep » Thu Mar 09, 2023 18:16

For maybe a year or two now, I've noticed that when I try to wake up my T2 using the remote, it doesn't work. I have to power-cycle the box using the switch at the back to make it boot up. So far, this always works, but I'm wondering what's wrong.

For a while, this happened occasionally, but now it happens every time in the morning.

I've tried shutting it down (long press on the remote), waiting a little while, and then waking it up with the remote. That usually works.

I've wondered whether it gets its knickers in a knot somehow when shutting down after a late-night automated recording, but I can't discern any pattern. It doesn't seem to matter whether I set the post-record action to default or go-to-deep-standby.

Possibly related: one time when I tried to look at what recordings were on the disk, it came back with nothing. But after a power-cycle reboot all the recordings appeared again.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Is my SSD maybe approaching end of life? :(

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: T2 now often won't wake up from deep standby.

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Mar 09, 2023 22:42

My T2 used to do that occasionally, Enigma2 would shutdown as required, the network would also be down, but Linux wouldn't power down the box.
My brother has the T2 now, and it still occasionally does it.

This may be one reason some T2 owners just leave the box in standby (and given the T2 doesn't have a smart from panel).

sub3R
Wizard

Post by sub3R » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46

strangerep wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 18:16
Any ideas what might be wrong?
Recently I’ve been doing a lot of rebooting of my spare T2 while doing server/client testing. One thing I noticed was if anything was in the front USB port (USB flash drive or even the Logitech keyboard unifying receiver) it would randomly not start back up from a reboot. Without anything in the front USB port it was fine.

Something left in the front USB port may not be the cause of your issue, but I suggest you don’t leave any device plugged into the front USB port of the T2 after you have finished using them.
Dennis
U4, Bluey USB tuner, WizTV > Yamaha RX-V3900 > Sony KDL46X2000 TV ||
U4, Bluey USB tuner > Sony KD-43X85J TV > Yamaha YAS-209 || FTA EPG ||
Harmony 650s || (U4s on 19.3.20200901 & T2 on 19.3.20200823) ||
Technicolor DJA0230TLS modem/router, Ethernet LAN, Win10 Home 64 ||

strangerep
Apprentice

Post by strangerep » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:30

Thanks for the replies.

So... it seems this problem is likely to remain a mystery. (I haven't plugged in any usb devices for many years.)

Return to “General Topics”