Program description from EPG aren't always updated.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Program description from EPG aren't always updated.

Post by The Old Man » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:07

I can set a single program to be recorded in a few days time based on who might be visiting on a talk show. I can see this description is the same in the list of programs to be recorded.

The station changes the program and you see that the EPG list no longer has same description as what you see in timer list.

This seems to happen even when the V2 is set to refresh frequently. You occasionally end up with a program you would never have watched.

That am I missing? I have even seen this happen when using Autotimer.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Program description from EPG aren't always updated.

Post by prl » Mon Mar 06, 2023 15:31

Normal timers simply record at the tiems they have been set for. They aren't updated by changes to the EPG.

Autotimers can normally do that, but sometimes they don't.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Mar 09, 2023 22:31

The Old Man wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:07
That am I missing?

The description for a timer is set when the timer is created, and is taken from the EPG event at that time. It's not subsequently updated.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Sun Mar 12, 2023 15:25

I was thinking that if I found a program description that had changed I could delete my current timer and create a new one and that should fix that problem.

Here in Perth we now have a new problem if you look for new tips for programs from the West Australian newspaper dated today. The tv guide with today's date on cover has all of the weeks programs inside listed as being February not March.

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sun Mar 12, 2023 19:58

The Old Man wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 15:25

Here in Perth we now have a new problem if you look for new tips for programs from the West Australian newspaper dated today. The tv guide with today's date on cover has all of the weeks programs inside listed as being February not March.
Yes, that was weird! I don't think it has ever happened before, and I doubt it will ever happen again! I usually only really check out the movie listings in the Weekly TV Guide, as it's a bit quicker than going through every channel on the EPG looking for something that interests me. One movie did pop out to me, and I went to create the timer on the Beyonwiz App on my phone, but of course it was showing a different movie! So I was checking I had the right date, and realised the TV Guide was showing as 27 February!! Bit cranky that I must have missed the movie when it was on, because it was one I would have liked to see!! :(
Regards
Jan

Return to “General Topics”