New T2 remote faulty

Moderators: Gully, peteru

neila
On probation

New T2 remote faulty

Post by neila » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:15

I have just purchased a replacement remote for my T2 which arrived last week and the TV side of the remote does not work. The STB side does work OK so all is not lost but I also use the TV side. I have tried to get an answer from the service dept but like many others with problems ....nothing but silence .....
It will not go into TV programming mode ( hold TV & OK ) and if you push TV, the light comes on, and then say if I push Chan up the STB light comes on and then the T2 changes channel.... this is the same for all buttons.

Is there a new programming sequence to get this to work or do the new replacement remotes just not work in TV mode or is this one broken??

Thanks for any comments.

blip
Master

Re: New T2 remote faulty

Post by blip » Sat Jan 28, 2023 09:38

I think the replacement remotes being sold by Beyonwiz are actually T3 remotes. If the remote you have is a T3 remote the last section of the T3 manual explains how to set up the TV side of the remote. The T3 manual can be downloaded here http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/media/downlo ... al_eng.pdf

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:32

blip wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 09:38
I think the replacement remotes being sold by Beyonwiz are actually T3 remotes.

The remotes sold on the Beyonwiz shop Web site as "Beyonwiz Replacement Remote for T2 T3 T4 & U4" (https://beyonwiz.com.au/product/beyonwi ... e-control/) are T3 remotes (but they will work with those other models). If that's what you bought, nella, then blip is correct.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

neila
On probation

Post by neila » Sat Jan 28, 2023 23:18

Hi blip
You are 100% correct ..... thanks for the info.
I wish they sent some info with the remote to give me a heads up.

My remote is now working as I want it to with my TV and the T2.

Again many thanks to you blip and all the others here who like to help out. :D

Regards

Return to “General Topics”