V2 stuck on splash screen - problem solved

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanL-S
Master

V2 stuck on splash screen - problem solved

Post by IanL-S » Wed Nov 23, 2022 14:31

This is an odd one. I was shifting a few things around in my AV cabinet and noticed that the video on the TV was frozen. Tried changing service, but that did not work. I rebooted and after the front display showed the time, the splash screen was still there. Tried turning off power and rebooting, same thing happened. Odd thing is, the menu comes up if requested, it shows all 5 tuners as present, I can check timers a view the recordings listing, but when I exit it goes back to the splash screen.

Shortly before this happened, I replaced one of the Sony PlayTV turners with a Beyonwiz USB tuner, but everything was OK before I started shifting things around. I suspected file system problem with the USB HDD, but if it was checking the file system, I should not have been able to access the media listing.

Any suggestions before I reflash the firmware?

Update: Just did another check and the Beyonwiz USB tuner has disappeared - could indicate the cause of the problem.

Further update: Looks like there is no siganl getting to any of the tuners, hence the splash screen. Will check this out and report back.

Further update 2: The signal booter had decided on a parting of the ways to the power board; reseated and all is now well!

Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

prl
Wizard God

Re: V2 stuck on splash screen - problem solved

Post by prl » Wed Nov 23, 2022 17:00

IanL-S wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 14:31
Further update: Looks like there is no siganl getting to any of the tuners, hence the splash screen. Will check this out and report back.

The "bubbles" splash screen is displayed in the video frame buffer, not in the GUI overlay buffer. If it persists after startup, than that means that no TV signal is being decoded and displayed. A common cause of that is no TV signal at the antenna input (but it's certainly not the only possible cause).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Topics”