My Machine doesn't know what day it is recording

Moderators: Gully, peteru

robbo
Master

Re: My Machine doesn't know what day it is recording

Post by robbo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 22:26

Thanks Geoff, that got rid of the number. Hopefully it will run smoothly now.

Earlier in the post the 80% matter came up and I am wondering if there is a similar break point that may identify why my recordings often pick up the wrong name or description. I have reduced my margin before and after settings to 15 and 29 minutes but they were longer. Would that contribute to the collection of wrong data? Is there a hard coded break point or something like that?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: My Machine doesn't know what day it is recording

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Jun 14, 2020 22:46

robbo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 22:26
Earlier in the post the 80% matter came up and I am wondering if there is a similar break point that may identify why my recordings often pick up the wrong name or description. I have reduced my margin before and after settings to 15 and 29 minutes but they were longer. Would that contribute to the collection of wrong data? Is there a hard coded break point or something like that?

Possibly from the EPG event ID (EIT) changing and the existing timer is picking up the wrong info. An enabled 'Guess existing timer based on begin/end' should fix that.

It used to be the case that the recording's meta data was fetched from the EPG event that matched the half-way point of the (padded) timer. Thus the retrieval could be skewed on shorter events if there was a lot of timer post-padding. I don't know if that's still the case, though.

Return to “General Topics”