Possible to use U4 for Photos slideshow?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Jeddie
Master

Possible to use U4 for Photos slideshow?

Post by Jeddie » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:07

Hello all

I haven't connected my U4 to my home network yet.

If I did connect, I am wondering if the U4 can display all my photos from my Win 10 PC? Both PC & BW are on same network using ethernet cable.
The photos are located in seperate folders named by year (eg 2018, 2019 etc) on PC.

I would like to be able to run a random slideshow of all photos on the TV in the lounge room.

Is this possible? If so, is there a setting for how long each photos display before the next appears?

prl
Wizard God

Re: Possible to use U4 for Photos slideshow?

Post by prl » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:27

You'd need to mount the Windows folder as a share on the U4.

Once that's done, the pre-installed Picture Player plugin can do a slideshow, but only the contents of a single directory.

The Picture player is MENU>Pictures from live TV. Navigate into the directory you want to display and press BLUE Start slideshow.

Once the slideshow is playing, MENU will give you the settings screen, and you can adjust the slideshow display interval to any integer value between 1 and 60 sec.

You may be able to fake up a full display of all photo folders by creating a folder of links, though that may be complicated if pictures in different folders have the same name.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:19

Have a look at PictureCenterFS (the page is German, but the plugin supports English; it worked on the V2, so presumably it will work on the U4). It supports subfolders and random sorting, and you can change the duration between each image.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 19:56

Jeddie wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:07
Hello all

I haven't connected my U4 to my home network yet.

If I did connect, I am wondering if the U4 can display all my photos from my Win 10 PC? Both PC & BW are on same network using ethernet cable.
The photos are located in seperate folders named by year (eg 2018, 2019 etc) on PC.
The inbuilt player works fine for me with the OverlayHD skin. IIRC, the default skin allows the background to bleed through. OverlayHD lets you set the transparency to zero, which is one of the reasons why I prefer to use it.
I would like to be able to run a random slideshow of all photos on the TV in the lounge room.

Is this possible?
The inbuilt player only cycles through one directory at a time in sequence in my experience.
If so, is there a setting for how long each photos display before the next appears?
Yes, in: Menu-Setup-Media-Picture player.

Make sure the EXIF setting is on too or rotation is likely to be screwed up!
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Return to “General Topics”