Missing navigational file needed for FF & FR

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

Missing navigational file needed for FF & FR

Post by Videonut » Thu Nov 14, 2019 19:23

I often find that if I open a recorded file in VideoReDo,cut out the adds and save the new file onto my T2 that the navigational control for FF or FR doesn't work. I can see that the T2 had created 6 separate
files when the recording was originally made & that I'm only putting 1 file back.

Presumably the T2 needs more than one file for complete playback features What file does the BW need and how can one get a modified version of the file so that the new file will have fully functional FF &FR .
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Missing navigational file needed for FF & FR

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Nov 14, 2019 19:57

Ugh, VCR-like analogue navigation :shock:

Why haven't you installed the 'reconstructapsc' plugin as I previously advised?.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28

I missed actioning the 'reconstructapsc' plugin. I have since downloaded it but found no way to turn it on, or runit. I did try reopening a problem file to see it it automatically but the file still would not start.

I have had hardly any experience with new plugins and can't recall seeing anywhere on site any detailed instructions as to how to work them and or if they all operate in same manner.

Despite the massive amount of data on this web site I seemed to have missed seeing some very basic things like tags what they do & how to use them, the difference in selecting a program for recording a program and what the difference is if you use Zap or not.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50

Videonut wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28
I missed actioning the 'reconstructapsc' plugin. I have since downloaded it but found no way to turn it on, or runit. I did try reopening a problem file to see it it automatically but the file still would not start.

In the media selection list, select the edited recording, press MENU, select the 'Reconstruct AP/SC ...' entry, then select the "2. Reconstruct the .ap and .sc ..." option and press OK. Exit back to live TV and await the prompt to say it's finished (you can press BLUE to see progres).

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 13:10

Great,thanks for that. I also tried this on another file that was 70 minutes and used the cutlist editor and the new 4 minute files correctly with FF & FR working but I notice that if I go back to the list of recorded files it still says its 70 minutes long.

I also notice that when I view my list of recorded media on the B/W no file extension is displayed even though the main one is a TS file. If I open this file in VideoReDo I'm dealing with a TS file & unless I ask for the revised files to be saved as a different file type it is saved back in my T2 as a file with a TS extension that I can see.

If I try to play an MP4 which I have saved to my T2 the file plays OK but FF & FR doesn't. I don't suppose that this is easily fixable is it?

paullings
Master

Post by paullings » Fri Nov 15, 2019 14:02

I also use Videoredo to cut out ads and use the following method posted by kmwa.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13106

I only have Videoredo 3 which only saves as mpeg so I use Avidemux to save back to .ts file. The ad detect function in Videoredo is pretty good.
As you say using Reconstruct AP/SC doesn't change the length of the movie however as kmwa says if you keep the .ts and the .eit files and delete the other files the wiz will rebuild them and the movie length will be correct. Skip functions should also work.
Robert

U4 2TB (Jan 2018) 19.3.20211010 , HDMI
T3 1TB (Dec 2014) 19.3.20211010 , Front Panel 20057, HDMI, Warkus'd 2018 & still going
IceTV, Series2Folder, OverlayHD 1.70
Samsung 55"OLED TV, Apple TV, ReadyNAS 214, Sonos Arc, Harmony Ultimate One
Windows 10

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 14:55

Videonut wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 13:10
Great,thanks for that. I also tried this on another file that was 70 minutes and used the cutlist editor and the new 4 minute files correctly with FF & FR working but I notice that if I go back to the list of recorded files it still says its 70 minutes long.
Generally, I find that you have to change directories to force the file length data to update after cutting a file.

If I try to play an MP4 which I have saved to my T2 the file plays OK but FF & FR doesn't. I don't suppose that this is easily fixable is it?
I use the numeric and arrow skips routinely with all playback. Works fine with mp4s but FF/FR is not reliable. The inbuilt player is Gstreamer and is from outside the Wiz ecosystem so no, not easily fixable.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 16:21

The cutlist editor isn't the only place where data gets changed and is then not correctly reported. In the example above the new file length isn't updated.

I have tried to save all episodes of a series before starting watching them. From the same menu I used the rename tool to rename them 1 of 6,2 of 6 etc. These names then appear in the list of recorded media in a folder I have called 'part of a series.' If I look at my media folder that's the way the data is displayed.

If I open the exact same file in VideoReDo on my PC none of the numbering that I created is displayed. Instead date,station details,program name followed by what appears to be the details from the EPG. This line can be incredibly long so much so that I sometimes can't see the lone all at once even with the PC screen set to maximum zoomed out. Where has my numbering gone? Does this line of data have to be so long? Are there any options already existing which allow you to set how much data to save or something else along that line?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Nov 15, 2019 17:28

Videonut wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 16:21
I have tried to save all episodes of a series before starting watching them. From the same menu I used the rename tool to rename them 1 of 6,2 of 6 etc. These names then appear in the list of recorded media in a folder I have called 'part of a series.' If I look at my media folder that's the way the data is displayed.

I believe the new name is stored in the recording's {recording}.ts.meta file.

Additionally. if you rename the recording by using OpenWebif then it completely changes all of the file names for the recording set (as well as the names in the {new recording name}.ts.meta file) to be that new name.
I don't believe the program name in the {new recording name}.ts.meta file is changed though.
Videonut wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 16:21
If I open the exact same file in VideoReDo on my PC none of the numbering that I created is displayed. Instead date,station details,program name followed by what appears to be the details from the EPG. This line can be incredibly long so much so that I sometimes can't see the lone all at once even with the PC screen set to maximum zoomed out. Where has my numbering gone? Does this line of data have to be so long? Are there any options already existing which allow you to set how much data to save or something else along that line?

It sounds like you've changed the setting 'Composition of recording filenames' from its default (standard) to 'Long filenames'.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Mar 12, 2020 15:41

I noticed today that this old thread was here so I decided to use it again with another follow up question.

I had the same things happen again & I went and looked at many of the options on my T2 and found the message about plugin's. I can see that mention is made about 'reconstructapsc' plugin which is displaying a RED X next to it. I's assuming that the RED X is some sort or error message that need to be fixed.

How is this done? and what about the other things located on the same page do they also need treatment & is so how is this done?
Attachments
Snip of B-W.jpeg

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 16:18

The icon in the "Removing" line is the normal icon displayed in that screen when you remove a plugin. Is that what you were doing? There's almost no information in your post about what exactly you wanted to do.

You may want to have a look at How to create good bug reports.

If your PVR (still a T2?) is network connected, you can use OpenWebif to take a screenshot. You may find that easier than using a camera. It would also give a complete screenshot of the screen by default, and it would have made it a lot easier to identify the screen you've posted. Fortunately, the "will be done after" text at the bottom left of the screenshot was enough to identify the screen by searching the source code.

Also, there's no great cost to starting a new topic when, like this one, it's almost completely unrelated to the title of, or what was discussed in, the topic. It's helpful not to have too many different things in one topic.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Mar 12, 2020 16:22

Videonut wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 15:41
I noticed today that this old thread was here so I decided to use it again with another follow up question.

I had the same things happen again & I went and looked at many of the options on my T2 and found the message about plugin's. I can see that mention is made about 'reconstructapsc' plugin which is displaying a RED X next to it. I's assuming that the RED X is some sort or error message that need to be fixed.

How is this done? and what about the other things located on the same page do they also need treatment & is so how is this done?
What do you mean you "found the message about plugins"?

That screen looks like a prompt to install (and remove) plugins, which would have been initiated by a user trying to install new plugins.
The x means that it is trying to uninstall reconstructapsc for some reason.

I also notice that you are trying to install "automaticcleanup" which doesn't appear to be in the 19.3 plugin repository. No idea if that is in the older firmware series, or that is coming from some other source. You should probably update your firmware if you are not running 19.3.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:15

MrQuade wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 16:22
That screen looks like a prompt to install (and remove) plugins, which would have been initiated by a user trying to install new plugins.
The x means that it is trying to uninstall reconstructapsc for some reason.

The screen is Plugins.SystemPlugins.SoftwareManager.plugin.PluginManagerInfo.

The text in the partially-displayed description box is "Following tasks will be done after you press OK!" so nothing happens unless you press OK or GREEN "Only extensions." in the screen. EXIT and RED cancel the operations.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:30

I had thought that I was reporting again about FF&FR weren't working correctly when playing back a recording that had been trimmed using Cut editor. I had previously been told to use the 'reconstructapsc' plugin to fix this problem so when I found a screen on my T2 that mentioned that plugin that had a RED X beside it I thought that this might be somehow connected to the playback problem.

As for taking a screenshot using OpenWebIf I'm sure where you mean. I have OpenWebIf on my PC and had previously taken a screenshot but I can't see where on the PC you can access all of the settings of the T2 that is displaying the same data as on the T2 itself.

I think that OpenWebIf might also be on the T2 but if it is I have tried it.

I am running F/W 19.3 version.

My T2 is connected to my PC via a cat cable that is supposed to run in both directions. I can get data from the T2 easily enough but am unable to see it to the T2 as those settings are wrong & don't know anyone who could help in setting it up.

I will create new threads the next time I run into a new problem.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:36

Videonut wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:30
I had thought that I was reporting again about FF&FR weren't working correctly when playing back a recording that had been trimmed using Cut editor. I had previously been told to use the 'reconstructapsc' plugin to fix this problem so when I found a screen on my T2 that mentioned that plugin that had a RED X beside it I thought that this might be somehow connected to the playback problem.
Your post is not very clear at all.

So you are saying that you are now having problems with FF/REW again?
Is this on files you have edited with VideoRedo?
Have you been manually running the reconstructapsc command on each file that you have edited with Videoredo.

And as for the "found" screen. You must have done something to make that screen pop up? What did you do to cause that? It looks like you were installing some plugins for some reason. Please tell us what you were doing, as you typically don't just "find" things on the screen.
Videonut wrote:
As for taking a screenshot using OpenWebIf I'm sure where you mean. I have OpenWebIf on my PC and had previously taken a screenshot but I can't see where on the PC you can access all of the settings of the T2 that is displaying the same data as on the T2 itself.
Have you never used the remote control feature of OpenWebIf?
If you do, you will see that it displays a screenshot of whatever is displayed on the T2's video output. You can take screenshots from there.
Videonut wrote:
I wonder where that plugin is coming from then. When I do a "opkg list *automaticcleanup*" I get no results.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Mar 12, 2020 17:59

Videonut wrote:

I think that OpenWebIf might also be on the T2 but if it is I have tried it.

You use the OpenWebif image of the virtual remote control to click the virtual remote buttons just as you would with a physical remote in hand (you can also "drive" the PVR using the physical remote to get to the screen you want, and then click the 'Grab Screenshot' text to update the OWIF screenshot image [or click the 'Refresh' button to effect same]).
Here's an old pic I posted many moons ago of a browser page using OWIF to get to the screenshot - download/file.php?id=3806
(the resultant saved screenshot was - download/file.php?id=3805)

You have used it previously, but didn't quite complete the job - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13907&p=184628#p184628

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51

I have finally been able to into Openwebif on my PC and seen to remote control that is intended for use. When I open the remote it's clear that it doesn't resemble the real remote which came with my T2. Many of the major buttons are located in a different place so that you constantly have to refer back to the real remote. These include Exit,Menu,Back,Info,Timer.

I was wondering if there is any comprehensive guide that explain the features in OpenWebIf.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 13, 2020 13:13

Videonut wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51
I have finally been able to into Openwebif on my PC and seen to remote control that is intended for use. When I open the remote it's clear that it doesn't resemble the real remote which came with my T2. Many of the major buttons are located in a different place so that you constantly have to refer back to the real remote. These include Exit,Menu,Back,Info,Timer.

I was wondering if there is any comprehensive guide that explain the features in OpenWebIf.
Did you press the little expand button? It looks like two opposing arrows just above the keypad.
The OpenWebIf remote should look exactly like the T2 remote.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 14:16

Videonut wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51

Unfortunately, no, not really. It's all a bit "poke it and see what happens". But there are people on the forum who use it a lot and who'd be happy to help if you get stuck.

Did you manage to get a screenshot? If not, just use the buttons on the "remote", or click on "Grab Screenshot" under the remote (it's there in both forms of the OpenWebif remote). Using the OpenWebif remote is a bit tedious, though, but can be useful if the Beyonwiz is in a different room from the computer.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 14:18

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 13:13
The OpenWebIf remote should look exactly like the T2 remote.

Strictly speaking, it should look like the remote supplied with the PVR, whatever model it is.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Mar 13, 2020 16:11

Hi Prl,

Are you aware of the issue with the OpenWebif remote control templates?

As I recently highlighted and confirmed with the OpenWebif developers the HTML template for the remote controls in OpenWebif use an "alt=" attribute that is not actually used. The intention was that the purpose of the button be shown as hover help. This functionality does work but you need to update all the Beyonwiz remote control templates to switch from the "alt=" attribute to a "title="attribute. The value of this attribute will be the text the user will see if they hover their mouse over the remote control button.

I have already done this with the Zgemma model 3 remote control that I am currently using and it works well.

Regards,
Ian.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:00

No I never got the screenshot but not for want of trying. The OpenWebif method even offered to take one in HD and I heard the click but photo could not be found. Then I tried the Screenprint button on PC with same result. with same result. I even have that great indexing utility "Everything" installed on PC which indexes every file immediately & that didn't help as I'm guessing that nothing happened.

I have had PC into shop several times in past months and It's still not working properly. So perhaps I should wait a while to see if things improve but I'm not hopeful. Unfortunately I have a unique reputation as being someone for whom nothing ever works correctly, and this goes back over 50 years.

Well thanks for the attempt at helping out.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:01

IanSav wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 16:11
Are you aware of the issue with the OpenWebif remote control templates?

No, I wasn't aware of the problem. Really clever change ... :roll:

It did work last time I looked at it (which was a long time ago).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:06

Videonut wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:00
No I never got the screenshot but not for want of trying. The OpenWebif method even offered to take one in HD and I heard the click but photo could not be found. Then I tried the Screenprint button on PC with same result. with same result. I even have that great indexing utility "Everything" installed on PC which indexes every file immediately & that didn't help as I'm guessing that nothing happened.

When you say that you don't get a screenshot, do you mean that you don't see the screen image at all in OpenWebif, or that you can't save it?

To save the image, I usually use mouse right click, and then Save Image As... (in MacOS Firefox). You should be able to do something similar in other browsers/systems. I have no idea how screen image capture is supposed to be done in Windows. In MacOS I only use it for these screenshots when I only want to post a snippet.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:49

Videonut wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 17:00

You need to right-click on the PVR screen image that OWIF is displaying (the same image that the PVR is also sending to its video output), and then save it to your computer as a .jpg or .png file as it's not automatically saved.

With the Windows "PrintScreen/alt-PrintScreen" method, you're just capturing the image of the screen to the clipboard - you still need to paste that captured image into some graphics software like MS-Paint.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Fri Mar 13, 2020 18:23

I never considered doing a right click to save screenshot because both different ways I tried to capture it a got a shutter sound.

Here is screen shot. But as you can see the remote control wasn't included.
Attachments
1_0_19_684_607_1014_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20200313161000.jpg

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 18:37

Videonut wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 18:23
Here is screen shot. But as you can see the remote control wasn't included.

I wouldn't expect it to. Right menu Save image as... will only save the image that you have clicked on.

I don't think there's any need to post an image of the remote in OpenWebif.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Mar 13, 2020 22:38

Anyway, back to the main issue at hand...
Videonut wrote:
I had previously been told to use the 'reconstructapsc' plugin to fix this problem so when I found a screen on my T2 that mentioned that plugin that had a RED X beside it I thought that this might be somehow connected to the playback problem.

{...snipped}

I'm struggling to see how this could be your installed firmware series.
There's no 'automaticcleanup' nor 'movieretitle' nor 'movieselectionquickbutton' plugins in the standard 19.3-series feed as far as I know. They may very well have been present in the 17.5-series firmwares.
The only "movie*" (i.e. "movie{something}") plugins available from the online feed are -
moviecut
moviesearch
The only "automatic*" plugin is -
automaticvolumeadjustment

So, to that end, and with your new-found screenshot skills, please show us the resultant screen from MENU>>Information>>About.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36

Also, Videonut hasn't said anything about what he was doing that resulted in the screenshot asking whether to remove reconstructapsc and whether to install 'automaticcleanup', 'movieretitle', 'movieselectionquickbutton' and 'tageditor'. The later OpenWebif screenshot perhaps gives a hint, but really, I prefer not having to guess what the user is trying to achieve when a problem arises.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:45

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 22:38
Videonut wrote:

I'm struggling to see how this could be your installed firmware series.
There's no 'automaticcleanup' nor 'movieretitle' nor 'movieselectionquickbutton' plugins in the standard 19.3-series feed as far as I know. They may very well have been present in the 17.5-series firmwares.

None of 'automaticcleanup', 'movieretitle' or 'movieselectionquickbutton' are in either the standard plugin feed nor in the beta package feed in version 17.5 21090207. 'tageditor' is in the package feed.
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 22:38
So, to that end, and with your new-found screenshot skills, please show us the resultant screen from MENU>>Information>>About.

Yes, please!

Also, Videonut, have you changed your package feeds in the T2's /etc/opkg? Added IanSav's package feeds, perhaps?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:48

I'm uncertain as to what just what happened because I had just about to post screenshots that had been requested about my F/W and a new posting arrived and my posting got deleted.

You wanted me to get a snip from MENU>>Information>>About but as you can see that page doesn't display that detail. So I took a second photo that does say I have Version 19.3.
Attachments
Snip 1.jpg
Snip 1.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Snip.JPG
Snip.JPG (119.03 KiB) Viewed 4877 times

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 13:19

19.3 doesn't represent a firmware version. It represents a family of firmware versions built on a common core.

Your firmware is version 20191106 (the Build or Revision line), not 19.3. There have been 8 firmware releases in the 19.3 family.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 13:52

OK.

I've found where the plugins shown in Videonut's screen photo can be installed from.

PLUGIN>Software management>Manage extensions, then:

Recordings>Automatic System Cleanup (also System>Automatic System Cleanup)
Recordings>MovieRetitle
Recordings>MovieSelectionQuickButton (also Software>MovieSelectionQuickButton)
Recordings>TagEditor

and the one removed:
Recordings>ReconstructApSc

I can't work out (for now) why this interface shows a different set of plugins than the one shown in PLUGIN, GREEN Download plugins, or by running the opkg list command.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Mar 14, 2020 17:27

prl wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 13:52
I can't work out (for now) why this interface shows a different set of plugins than the one shown in PLUGIN, GREEN Download plugins, or by running the opkg list command.

Just a guess...

Is Components / Ipkg.py loading up the catalogue list from the OE alliance plugins when it expands /var/lib/opkg and categorises the plugins -

Code: Select all

root@beyonwizt2:/var/lib/opkg/info# cat enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins.control
Package: enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins
Version: 19.3+git2739+64fa306-r1.5
Description: Additional plugins for Enigma2
 Additional plugins for Enigma2.
Section: base
Priority: optional
Maintainer: oe-alliance team
License: Proprietary
Architecture: inihde2
OE: enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins
Source: enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins.bb
i.e. https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins contains -
automaticcleanup
movieretitle
movieselectionquickbutton

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 17:47

I've been trying to dig out the information by tracing back from the PLUGIN>Software management>Manage extensions screen. That reads the index and plugin descriptions in /usr/share/meta. None of those files appear to have changed since I installed the test T2's firmware: they're all dated "Nov 6 14:03".

But I think you're right about the fact that they reflect the enigma2-plugins repository plugins. The index-*.xml files in the directory also control the categories displayed in the Manage extensions lists via the <prerequisites><tag/></prerequisites> elements in the index files.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 18:05

Anyway, I think that I have a possible scenario for how Videonut generated the screen offering to remove 'reconstructapsc' and install 'automaticcleanup', 'movieretitle', 'movieselectionquickbutton' and 'tageditor'.

It assumes that 'reconstructapsc' was already installed before entering the PLUGIN>Software management>Manage extensions screen.

I'm not sure why Videonut used that screen rather than PLUGIN, GREEN Download plugins, though of course if he had looked there, 'reconstructapsc' wouldn't have been listed, because it was already installed.

IMO the UI of Manage extensions is pretty poor in some respects. Once you enter a category screen, like 'Recordings', all plugins in the category are listed, whether they are installed or not. The only indication of whether a plugin is installed or not is that the GREEN button hint changes from Uninstall to Install depending on whether the plugin is installed or not. This is probably easy to miss.

So I think that Videonut may have clicked GREEN on the five plugins he actually wanted to install, but because 'reconstructapsc' was already installed, it was marked to be uninstalled.

The changing function of GREEN as you move focus in the list is made worse by the fact that there's no unambiguous feedback about what will happen at this stage. The description panel just says "N packages selected", whether the packages have been selected for installation or removal, or a mix of both.

When you exit from the category you still see "N packages selected", and only when you exit from the category list, do you see whether the packages are set to be installed or removed (which is the screen that Videonut posted.

So a combination of a weird set of packages (which I think is a bug) and poor UI design leading to user error.

Or that's one possibility, anyway ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Sat Mar 14, 2020 18:29

Your saying that there has been 8 updates to my T2's F/W from Version 19.3 since my last version was installed. I have downloaded what is the latest update to 19.3 directly onto a freshly formatted Fat32 USB stick. I watched the video you have re installing F/W updates.

I would have expected that the F/W file downloaded would have said that this is version is XXX but I didn't see any such indication, Did I miss something? Is there someway to get a notification about new versions are now available for download?

I'll wait until tomorrow to run F/W update since the Mrs. is expecting to see some recorded shows tonight.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Mar 14, 2020 20:32

Videonut wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 18:29
Your saying that there has been 8 updates to my T2's F/W from Version 19.3 since my last version was installed.
{snipped...}
I'll wait until tomorrow to run F/W update since the Mrs. is expecting to see some recorded shows tonight.

Let me attempt to summarise the points -
  1. You invoke the 'reconstructapsc' plugin from the media selection list (as described to you previously in this very same thread). You don't need to go anywhere near Software Management/Manage Extensions.
  2. Your T2 has firmware version 20191106 which is from the 19.3 series firmware family.
    From your MENU>>Information>>About screenshot -
    'Release' = Firmware Series
    'Build' = Firmware Version
    'Version' = Firmware Sub-Version. Normally this is the same as 'Build' except if multiple versions are released on the same day.
    This 19.3 series has had many beta firmware versions released prior to its public/general/official release as 20191106. It started with 20190630.
  3. Forget about reloading the firmware.

Videonut
Master

Post by Videonut » Sun Mar 15, 2020 15:14

Well I haven't run the F/W update I downloaded as suggested.

I have now also run successfully ReconstructApSc a few time & am happy to see that it's working.

I see mention in some threads that people copy from the PRV to PC using programs like VideoReDo to knock out the adds and then transfer back to edited program to the PVR. Can OpenWebIf be used to transfer back the finished trimmed file & if so how can that be done?

Thanks for all of the help once again.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Mar 15, 2020 15:23

Videonut wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 15:14

I see mention in some threads that people copy from the PRV to PC using programs like VideoReDo to knock out the adds and then transfer back to edited program to the PVR. Can OpenWebIf be used to transfer back the finished trimmed file & if so how can that be done?
You can copy files off using the web interface, bit not back onto the Wiz.

They're should be no need though. From the original post of this thread it sounds like you are already copying recordings to and from the Wiz just fine.... Not sure why you want a different method.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 20, 2020 15:00

IanSav wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 16:11
As I recently highlighted and confirmed with the OpenWebif developers the HTML template for the remote controls in OpenWebif use an "alt=" attribute that is not actually used. The intention was that the purpose of the button be shown as hover help. This functionality does work but you need to update all the Beyonwiz remote control templates to switch from the "alt=" attribute to a "title="attribute. The value of this attribute will be the text the user will see if they hover their mouse over the remote control button.

I've done this for all 4 Beyonwiz remote.html files (T3, T2/T4, U4 & V2) and submitted the updates, and they were merged almost immediately.

In the same submission, I've added '/' to the start of the image pathname in the same files for the U4 & V2 remotes. This follows the changes that Abu made recently. You might want to do the same with the zgemma3's remote.html. The change appears to have zero effect on the Beyonwiz OpenWebif operation.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Mar 20, 2020 22:26

Hi Prl,

Zgemma remote control changed. I am not sure why the change is being made but as I don't use a mobile client I can't test it either. I have just followed suit.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:02

IanSav wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 22:26
Zgemma remote control changed. I am not sure why the change is being made but as I don't use a mobile client I can't test it either. I have just followed suit.

Same here.

BTW: do you know whether the id attribute in the remote.html <map/> shapes is used anywhere? It doesn't seem to matter to the Beyonwiz OpenWebif if they're not there, nor, in the case of the V2 remote, that they're wrong (some ids are repeated).

Perhaps I should move these posts to a new topic.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 15:03

Hi Prl,

By experimentation I noted the alt and title attributes issue. I made the change after asking "jbleyel", the project lead, if the alt attribute was used anywhere in the code. He indicated is wasn't so I went ahead with the change.

In this case it would be easier and safer to simply ask if the id attribute is used. The Zgemma remote control doesn't use the id attribute and doesn't seem to be suffering any negative effect. Given that the Beyonwiz remotes were based on the very old INI hardware it is possible that old and long since unused attributes have simply carried over.

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “General Topics”