Recover file to move into?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Videonut
Master

Recover file to move into?

Post by Videonut » Wed Nov 06, 2019 15:31

In addition to the standard 'movie' folder I created a few more & then move a newly recorded into comedy,drama etc.

I can still see the these folders from the movie location, but if I select one to move it into comedy I find that this folder isn't listed in the list of folders that I'm offered to move into. It isn't under 'other' either. At least the other files are still in the comedy folder.

Is there a way to get this situation corrected? If not on the T2 itself perhaps on OpenWebIf, although I have never tried to see if move is an option there.
Beyonwiz V2,TCL TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Blu-ray player, Harmony Remote,650.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Recover file to move into?

Post by prl » Wed Nov 06, 2019 16:09

Videonut wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 15:31
In addition to the standard 'movie' folder I created a few more & then move a newly recorded into comedy,drama etc.

I can still see the these folders from the movie location, but if I select one to move it into comedy I find that this folder isn't listed in the list of folders that I'm offered to move into. It isn't under 'other' either. At least the other files are still in the comedy folder.

Is there a way to get this situation corrected? If not on the T2 itself perhaps on OpenWebIf, although I have never tried to see if move is an option there.

So do you have /media/hdd/movie (the standard movie location) and /media/hdd/movie/comedy, or is "comedy" /media/hdd/comedy?

If the latter, you'll probably find it easier to use /media/hdd/movie/comedy.

When you say "I can still see the these folders from the movie location" what exactly do you mean? In which screen, and which directory are you viewing?

On my test V2, I have a directory /media/hdd/movie/Think Tank on my test V2, and I can see it in the media selection list screen (MEDIA from live TV) when the directory (top right of the screen) is /media/hdd/movie. When I press GREEN Move, the Think Tank directory is listed, and it's listed in the screen if I then select "(Other...). [BTW, that's the sort of level of detail that would be useful when you describe your issue].

We have a fairly large number of directories for series under /media/hdd/movie on out in-use T4, and have no issue with navigation or moves with them.

There's no function for moving recordings around using Open Webif.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Topics”