Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Dazzla_1
Master

Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

Post by Dazzla_1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 16:31

Hi Can you please bear with me this is giving me a few problems I am still setting up U4 I had a lot of Problems with the Remote and Me :oops: :D so Bought new Harmony 650 today

Recordings on USB Cannot open the Directory Cannot Play Files or see files all I can see is The Director(S) Left and Right and the Black Cruiser Ex HDD (E) is Showing at the top of a list of about 4 others in the same directory one being Trash in the Left panel But it will not open It is Formatted to NTFS and the Files are MP4 Cheers Dazzla_1 :D
Attachments
Beyonwiz Forum USB not recognised or Cannot open Directery of Black Cruiser Ex HDD (E)  -- 2019-09-30_16h15_22.jpg
Beyonwiz Forum USB not recognised or Cannot open Directery of Black Cruiser Ex HDD (E) -- 2019-09-30_16h15_22.jpg (61.82 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
Beyonwiz U4 - New Nov 2018 - F/ware beyonwiz-19.3 - beyonwiz - U4-2019 - 1106.
Re Flashed U4 -2019 - 1106 F/Ware Oct - 2020 -

SONY BRAVIA - KD-55 x 8500-B - 4K - Ultra HD, LCD, LED, Smart TV
ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

Post by MrQuade » Mon Sep 30, 2019 18:01

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 16:31
Recordings on USB Cannot open the Directory Cannot Play Files or see files all I can see is The Director(S) Left and Right and the Black Cruiser Ex HDD (E) is Showing at the top of a list of about 4 others in the same directory one being Trash in the Left panel But it will not open It is Formatted to NTFS and the Files are MP4 Cheers Dazzla_1 :D
It sounds like you are trying to use the "Sources/Files" entry in the main menu.

You should be playing media files via the media interface (MEDIA button from live TV).
Once in media, you press YELLOW to open the "Locations", and your USB drive should appear as a source.

Open that and I don't see any reason that your files shouldn't appear as long as that drive is formatted as NTFS, and not something like exFAT.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Dazzla_1
Master

Re: Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

Post by Dazzla_1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 02:08

Good Morning, Thank you very much I will have another try thanks for your quick response Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 07:57

Morning, Mr Q I did as you advised me to and I was in the wrong place Sources but even in Media I can see the Black Cruiser (E) but I still cannot open or access the files inside Regards Dazzla_1 :? :)

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 09:09

I'm a bit puzzled about just what you're seeing. Could you use OpenWebif to take a screenshot of what you see in the media selection screen (MEDIA from live TV) after you've navigated into the USB drive?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:08

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 07:57
Morning, Mr Q I did as you advised me to and I was in the wrong place Sources but even in Media I can see the Black Cruiser (E) but I still cannot open or access the files inside

Have you been detaching that USB thumb drive from the U4 without first "ejecting" it (by using the SimpleUmount plugin)? If so, possibly the U4 will have a cached contents listing.

Here's a test - remove the thumb drive from the U4. Then reboot the U4 and wait a few seconds after the startup has completed. Plug in the thumb drive. Do you see a popup of (at least) 'Watch movies...' and 'View Movies...'? If so, select the latter.
Do you now see the media selection list open on the thumbdrive? Can you select and play a file?

Now exit back to live TV. Bring up the main menu. Go to the "Plugins" column. Scroll towards the bottom and select the 'SimpleUmount' entry and open it (OK).
Select the thumb drive if it's not already selected, and press OK. Reply yes to the "really umount..." prompt.
Exit back to live TV. Detach the thumb drive.
Wait a few seconds and insert the thumb drive again, this time exit from the "files found..." prompt.
Bring up the media selection list, use YELLOW/Locations to select the thumbdrive. Can you play the files?

AFAIK, invoking playback from either of File Commander or the media selection list results in the same playback - except the media selection list has a better interface and more options.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 15:38

Okay Guys whilst Understanding some of your above?

(1) What does AFAIK Stand for please?

(2) I didn't not learn or read about a detailed removing a USB process in the Instructions manual nor the plug-in Simple-unplug

(3) I have not done the Firmware Update yet and still not connected to my PC so I can't go to OpenWebIf ?

Before I try what you suggest, do you think it would be better if I hear back from you Guys about the following as well? I have another glitch AT:

Media > recordings I See Cruze Black (E) media/hdd / I have deleted it and removed it and Tried another USB Sans Silver and does not show at all so I removed it as well'

Meanwhile with USB in and OR-No USB at all?
it says:

Directory 3; Time Shift / MOVIE / Lost and found / Trash / and the four colored buttons in that screen

Red Button - Delete

Green Button has GoTo - Black Cruzer (E) - media/hdd

Yellow Button is - Location

Blue Button -- Sort

Thanks again to you all regards Dazzla_1
Attachments
text_240.txt
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 15:58

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 15:38

As Far as I Know.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
(2) I didn't not learn or read about a detailed removing a USB process in the Instructions manual nor the plug-in Simple-unplug

Now you do.
Try my test.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
(3) I have not done the Firmware Update yet and still not connected to my PC so I can't go to OpenWebIf ?

What firmware are you running - what is the value shown in MENU>>Information>>About>>Revision field?

The rest can wait until you've mastered USB device unmounting.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Oct 01, 2019 16:27

Dazzla_1 wrote:

Older firmware has the SimpleUmount plugin attached to the BLUE button "extensions" menu when pressed from Live TV.

You should still be able to use OpenWebif regardless of a firmware update, as long as the U4 is connected to your home network.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 18:42

Dazzla_1 wrote:

There's a very large amount of the user interface that's not in the manual, unfortunately. Nevertheless, you should always properly unmount any removable devices before unplugging them (it's the equivalent of "Safely remove device..." in Windows).

Failing to do that invites corruption of the file system on the USB drive.

My feeling, though, is that probably isn't the cause of your problem, but it's worth a try.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
I don't follow. If the Beyonwiz is connected to your home network, and has its network connection configured, OpenWebif will work. OpenWebif uses a Web server on the Beyonwiz. It doesn't depend on you having Windows file sharing working between the Beyonwiz and the PC. Just point your PC's browser at the Beyonwiz's network name ("beyonwizu4" is the default in your case), or at its IP address.

As for the description, a picture, as the saying goes, is worth a thousand words.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:34

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Media > recordings I See Cruze Black (E) media/hdd / I have deleted it and removed it and Tried another USB Sans Silver and does not show at all so I removed it as well'

The media selection listing doesn't auto-update the displayed contents, you need to step in & out of a directory to have new entries shown.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
it says:

Directory 3; Time Shift / MOVIE / Lost and found / Trash / and the four colored buttons in that screen

This directory layout sounds like you're at the /media/hdd directory level.

In case you've navigated too far up the file system hierarchy, press TV/RADIO button on the U4 remote to go "home", or press YELLOW/Location and choose /media/hdd/movie.

In the top-right of the media selection listing will be the current path.
For the default recording location it will show '/media/hdd/movie'. If you navigate one level higher (by pressing BACK, or selecting the '..' entry and OK) then it'll show as '/media/hdd' and the default entries that'd be present would match what you're describing (timeshift, movie, backup (if one has been done), lost+found, Trash).
If you navigate one level higher to '/media' then you should see hdd, upnp, Trash, and autofs if those network mount types have been defined, and also see the USB drive entries.
Your USB drive will be shown as 'USB' (for the first one mounted), 'sdc1' (the second one mounted), 'sdd1' (for the third). They may actually show as 'sdc2' or 'sdd2' if you've got multiple partitions on the USB drive.

As MrQuade advised, in the media selection listing, pressing YELLOW/Location will show you a list of recent and bookmarked entries - your USB drive should be listed. Press the number associated with it, or select the entry and press OK, and the USB contents will be displayed in the media selection list. To get back to the default movie location (/media/hdd/movie) you can either (i) navigate BACK to /media, then open 'hdd' (OK), then open 'movie' (OK), or (ii) press YELLOW/Locations and selecting '/media/hdd/movie', or (iii) press TV/RADIO (home) on the U4 remote (AUDIO in 19.3-series).
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Red Button - Delete

Blue Button -- Sort

It appears you've re-assigned the action of the GREEN button in the media selection list, as the default is 'Move'.
It also appears you've named the USB drive as 'Black Cruzer (E) - media/hdd'.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:54

Hopefully this pic is worth a thousand words.
Attachments
media_selection_navigate_to_USB.png

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 16:06

Good Afternoon Geoff and Peter Re our latest:
USB wont work on BWiz
I could not get this to Send Getting “Error 403 cannot send from this page”
AFAIK # Now I do Know Now
First a couple of more questions If I may:
1] From TV > Blue Button > Turn On HDMI in full screen mode Etc What does it Mean or Do // How do I stop it Recording
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
BWiz Forum ONKYO out to ARC and HDMI in TV and BWiz   Optical 2019-10-03_14h22_02.jpg
(Counting (at Left bottom of screen) without having to Standby and re-start BWiz?
2] I still have the Green Button Icon in > Media > Showing as “USB GoTo Black Cruze (E) embedded in the Icon? “Have I made a directory out of the Green Button by error?
I agree Guys Pictures are better than words but I don’t know how to take a Screen Shot of a BWiz Menu, Media or Settings screen ?
Is Select HDMI In T
1] What firmware are you running Firmware is 17.5 Version: 20180417 / and yes has SimpleUnmount' Worked
2] Try my test?. Go to the "Plugins" column does it at least say…etc etc…………….
'Watch movies...' and 'View Movies…'
Yes
Does to Reboot mean using the Red Button at Rear > Off - On Or just Off On with Standby Button
3] etc………...media selection list open on the thumbdrive? Can you select and play a file? Etc Bring up the media selection list, use YELLOW/Locations to select the thumb drive. Can you play the files?
Yes and I did try
I Played Different Serials (9 different attempts from Stuff I have watched many times before Via the same USB > Via (Sony Bravia 55" X 8500B 4K - Ultra HD, LCD, LED, Smart 3D)
Every Movie has Sound BUT no Picture From three different TV Serials and Episodes and two Movie’s
TV serial Video Starts has sound BUT no Picture? On the top Right Corner of TV screen says:
Video mode → 72O x 571 24HZ & Video Content --> 2160P24
In settings I have all of them set to 1080P or 720p they were on Automatic but I read another post and you suggested not to leave settings on Auto
On Stop & Return to Play Movie & Video List
Right Column / Video Content → 720 x 576i 50HZ & Video Mode 1280×554P
Left column Meta Data of Recordings
Two Different Movies 1st 2019:
No Picture Sound only Says → NEW HDTS x 264
Second movie 2018:
Nothing No sound or Picture Say’s –>
I know its a Lot of stuff but I am too unsure of myself now to Progress further without sorting all this first :? :roll:
Can I Have My ONKYO Surround Sound 5.1 ARC in HDMI to ARC out On the TV
ONKYO BD-DVD HDMI Port Out to TV HDMI {1) in
and
BWiz HDMI to HDMI to Port 3 on the TV /
Extra HDMI cable BWiz out to Splitter in and Out To Port 3 And ULTRA 4K Port (2 ) see the Attachments Please guys

My Kindest Regards Geoff and Peter and thanks for all that you do It is greatly appreciated Dazzla_1 :D

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Oct 03, 2019 16:33

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 16:06
1] From TV > Blue Button > Turn On HDMI in full screen mode Etc What does it Mean or Do // How do I stop it Recording Untitled.pngBWiz Forum ONKYO out to ARC and HDMI in TV and BWiz Optical 2019-10-03_14h22_02.jpg(Counting (at Left bottom of screen) without having to Standby and re-start BWiz?
I'm not even sure where to start with this.
What is the question you are asking here? How do you stop it from recording what?

The HDMI-IN Fullscreen (etc) options allow you to view any AV signal that has been connected to the Wiz's HDMI-IN port. You can record the AV signal if you set a timer or an instant recording just as if it were a TV channel.

Your diagram is very hard to follow, and doesn't seem to make much sense to me. It looks like there was some sort of justification problem there as the text and lines don't line up well.

Firstly, what is the purpose of the splitter? It appears to be connected to the Wiz, and then twice to what I assume is your TV?

This does seem like a topic for a separate thread.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Oct 03, 2019 17:05

Dazzla_1 wrote:
1] From TV > Blue Button > Turn On HDMI in full screen mode Etc What does it Mean or Do // How do I stop it Recording without having to Standby and re-start BWiz?

It shows the HDMI input stream; what is being received by the U4.
Stop the (instant or scheduled) timer when you want to stop recording from HDMI-IN.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
2] I still have the Green Button Icon in > Media > Showing as “USB GoTo Black Cruze (E) embedded in the Icon? “Have I made a directory out of the Green Button by error?

It would appear you have modified the media selection list's GREEN button by, from live TV, MEDIA>>MENU>>Settings...>>page down twice (CH- x 2)>>Button Green. The default value for that setting is Move.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
1] What firmware are you running Firmware is 17.5 Version: 20180417 / and yes has SimpleUnmount' Worked

I don't know why you installed that firmware version when it was suggested to you instead install either 20190207 or our "best suggestion" of 19.3-series' 20190818.
Here you posted that you were going to install it - "I will delete and re format the USB and install - [ 19.3 2019 08 09_usb.zip ]".
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Does to Reboot mean using the Red Button at Rear > Off - On Or just Off On with Standby Button

No.
From Live TV, press MENU. Look at the far right-hand column. Locate the 'Power' menu entry, and open it.
The second to fifth entries are -
  • Standby
    This stops any live TV display and timeshifting, and (generally) turns off the video output. The Wiz is still running and can record and stream in this state.
  • Shutdown
    This state shuts down the GUI, and then shuts down the Wiz to deep standby. Nothing is running in this state (simply put, except some power to the 'Always ON' block to allow to Wiz to boot for scheduled timers, power button, IR Power button).
  • Reboot
    Booting means to bring the Wiz to running state from its shutdown/deep standby state. Thus rebooting, is shutting down to deep standby, waiting a few secs, then booting.
  • Restart GUI
    As it says on the tin. This state shuts down the GUI, and then restarts it.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
I Played Different Serials (9 different attempts from Stuff I have watched many times before Via the same USB > Via (Sony Bravia 55" X 8500B 4K - Ultra HD, LCD, LED, Smart 3D)
Every Movie has Sound BUT no Picture From three different TV Serials and Episodes and two Movie’s

I'm not clued up enough to help with your sound issues.
Try a test though - just have the HDMI cable going from the Wiz HDMI-OUT to the TV. Forget about the Onkyo receiver. Do you get video and TV sound when playing one of the USB files?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 03, 2019 18:27

So has the matter in the topic heading now moved on from "can't see recordings and media on the USB drive" to "can see recordings and media on the USB drive, but they don't play properly"?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Oct 03, 2019 19:07

Dazzla_1 wrote:
TV serial Video Starts has sound BUT no Picture? On the top Right Corner of TV screen says:
{2160p24 stuff that I get '403 Forbidden' when posting the reply}

Try this -
In MENU>>Setup>>AV setup>>AV settings, set Automatic resolution to disabled/off, set Mode to 720p, and set Refresh rate to multi.
Do you now get video as well as audio?

Your TV manual states -
• Connect 4K devices (4K Media Player, 4K Set Top Box, etc.) to the HDMI IN 2 or HDMI IN 1 jack of the TV to enjoy copyright protected content.

Further it states -
3840 × 2160p (24, 25, 30 Hz)*, 1080p (50, 60 Hz)*, {snipped...}
* HDMI IN 2 only

Are you using HDMI IN 2 for input from the U4?

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 15:59

Please see My Posts

[01] 15th Sept When to Install the April 2019 Firmware Update on New U4

[02] 30th Sept Connecting new U4 Format HDD issues and Cable Hook up

[03] 3rd Oct Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

As I have explained this is a Brand new Unit Bought Nov 2018 and I Started to Install Sept 14-2019 and Regarding the FW-Updates and everyone of these problem’s I have encountered has been caused by the BWiz Manual being incomplete and not detailed and not having different category's for different Issues or Threads as was stated when I asked and people do have different ideas
Mine too is looking a hot favourite as a $600 “Wheel Chock”

I did not know about and I suspected none of these Issues that I have encountered is from following the BWiz Manual….because they don’t exist

It’s what s NOT whats in the BWiz Manual that has caused me all this Grief not my lack of intellect nor my lack of Experience I had a Topfield for eight years’
What is the WIZ HDMI AV Wide screen adaper
I know I am confused and also running out of patience’ But all the problems have been from lack of completed Detailed instruction’s in the BW Manual,
and a Lack of Detailed’ Selective Categories, anywhere in this forum to place what are either or what are maybe related to each other and to stop having to spend 2 days writing Multi question’s about Multi subject’s in one Long post and then multi posting to try and describe what I know about the other Unrelated Problems like in yesterdays’ 2 Day compilation Post trying to explain and give a hint to the Forum about what I have done and what I haven’t and to try and help you to help Me?
? What is the WIZ HDMI in adaper?

I installed no firmware BWix came with Existing Firmware 17.3 V20190207 waiting 19.3 V-20190818 is Beta proofing for
that read enter at your own Risk on the latest Beta Version 19.3 - V-20190818 FW-Update and I never got to install any FW-Update version 17.3 Is still on the original USB waiting See first post Sept 15 2019

Peter asked I don't follow. If the Beyonwiz is connected to your home network, and has its network connection configured, OpenWebif will work
SEE 2nd post 30th Sept
As I explained... because as soon as I started all this to set the BWiz up it went to Format Hard Drive so I never tried to go Online
and then some Buttons with the Remote would not work

Unable to recognise files on USB I was unplugging without knowing about the SimpleUnplug Plugin I didn’t not learn or read about a detailed procedure for removing a USB or where to access it in the Instructions manual nor the how to and Purpose of it See Oct 03

I have never installed Plugins without being connected to my network (online) so I could not open Openwebif it never entered my mind
I would not have had the plug-in SimpleUnplug for USB’s if I hadn’t decided to not to upgrade the Firmware Just as well I had not installed the Beta FW- Grade 19.3 V 20190818 ?? (At my own Risk)

When I was helped again by Geoff to access the directory and Play the USB file I had sound but NO picture and One file had nothing at all

Powered Splitter From Antenna Out Wall To Splitter / then 1 Out to TV IN and then the other into Beyonwiz IN
That’s exactly the way and what I was told to do it? I was told in my first post in this Forum to use a Splitter Box so I could get the Antenna from Wall OUT and IN to the Splitter then one OUT to Antenna IN on the TV and the other INTO BWiz and here we still are and now understandably with the exception of Geoff people are jumping in and contradicting each other over what they or others have told me to do and everyone except Geoff is getting Grumpy with me (No Pun intended Geoff) it’s very hard to fathom who or why there are a lot of other instances in Post replies where people disagree you may wish to speak to Admin about this and if I get Banned so be it but I do not think what they been said is fair and certainly not Harmonious or helpful
Thank You for all your patience and help Geoff ) my Kindest Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Oct 04, 2019 16:14

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 15:59
Powered Splitter From Antenna Out Wall To Splitter / then 1 Out to TV IN and then the other into Beyonwiz IN
That’s exactly the way and what I was told to do it? I was told in my first post in this Forum to use a Splitter Box so I could get the Antenna from Wall OUT and IN to the Splitter then one OUT to Antenna IN on the TV and the other INTO BWiz and here we still are and now understandably with the exception of Geoff people are jumping in and contradicting each other over what they or others have told me to do and everyone except Geoff is getting Grumpy with me (No Pun intended Geoff) it’s very hard to fathom who or why there are a lot of other instances in Post replies where people disagree you may wish to speak to Admin about this and if I get Banned so be it but I do not think what they been said is fair and certainly not Harmonious or helpful
Sorry if my reply came over as being too aggressive, I'm only trying to figure out what questions you are asking. Your style of writing is a bit hard to follow.

As for the splitter issue, you are absolutely correct, you should use an antenna splitter from the wall, to connect the antenna to both the TV and the Wiz.

What you have drawn however, shows one connection going to the Wiz and two connections going to the TV, and nothing going to a wall plate. Up until now, I had no idea that this was intended to represent your antenna connection.

You may want to re-draw that diagram so that it depicts your AV setup so that we can assist you. Make sure you show your Wiz, Amp and TV, and all the cables between them with labelled ports.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 04, 2019 16:31

Dazzla_1 wrote:
What is the WIZ HDMI AV Wide screen adaper

No idea. Where did you come across that term?
Dazzla_1 wrote:
? What is the WIZ HDMI in adaper?

Again, I'm not sure what you mean. Where did you come across that term?

If you want to use HDMI IN to record from another device that applies HDCP copy protection to its output, you can usually bemove the copy protection by placing a HDMI splitter between the device's HDMI output and the U4's HDMI IN. You don't need to use the other output(s) of the splitter, but having the splitter also allows you to send the devices output to both the U4 and your TV, so that you can also watch video from the device without needing to use the U4.

Beyonwiz sells a suitable splitter, but many other splitters will do the job.

However, you may want to hold off trying HDMI input until your existing problems are sorted out.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 04, 2019 16:34

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Peter asked I don't follow. If the Beyonwiz is connected to your home network, and has its network connection configured, OpenWebif will work
SEE 2nd post 30th Sept
As I explained... because as soon as I started all this to set the BWiz up it went to Format Hard Drive so I never tried to go Online
and then some Buttons with the Remote would not work

Not being able to format the HDD shouldn't prevent you being able to connect to the U4 using Open Webif.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 04, 2019 16:43

Dazzla_1 wrote:
and a Lack of Detailed’ Selective Categories, anywhere in this forum to place what are either or what are maybe related to each other and to stop having to spend 2 days writing Multi question’s about Multi subject’s in one Long post and then multi posting to try and describe what I know about the other Unrelated Problems like in yesterdays’ 2 Day compilation Post trying to explain and give a hint to the Forum about what I have done and what I haven’t and to try and help you to help Me?

There's nothing to stop you creating new discussion topics for different issues. They probably belong more in the General Topics T2 / T3 / T4 / U4 forum section than here in the FAQ section.

You might want to work on how to use the forum facilities for quoting posts and making links to prior posts, e.g: instead of "SEE 2nd post 30th Sept", "see this post". If you follow that link, though, it's to a post by MrQuade, the second post in this topic on 30 Sep. You didn't make a second post in this topic on that date. If you link to the post you're referring to, it's easy to find the post and clear which one you meant.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 15:08

To explain better what has been very Confusing for me

I believe that what GG said was correct about updating FW17.3-v and other Circumstances and with the 19.3 in Beta was a concern to me

Then the Problem’s began and I was not game to install connect to my Network or anything as GG or another member said

[i]Better not to do anything more’ until you get your other Issues Sorted Out?[/i]

and from PeterU
[i]I suggest that you go straight to 19.3, which is quite stable and is currently the only maintained firmware series. I will not be releasing any more updates to the 17.5 series firmware, so you'd be moving to a stable, but obsolete version.
Peter
As far as I know there are no advantages at all to using 17.5- v-20180417 series firmware over 19.3 v-20190818 firmware.[/i]
---------------------
But by then there was so much confusion I thought the 17.20180417 FW was the Latest with 19.3 still in Beta I decided on G G or Mr Quade’s advice to wait and G G reiterated

[i]As far as I know there are no advantages at all to using 17.5 series firmware over
19.3- v-20190818.
series firmware.[/i]

GG also cleared it up
[i]I suggest that you go straight to 19.3, which is quite stable and is currently the only maintained firmware series. I will not be releasing any more updates to the 17.5 series firmware, so you'd be moving to a stable, but obsolete version.
[/i]
And pri added
[i]That may be the official line, but it's not strictly true. My installer USB drive has
The Splitter issue Mr Quade assisted ETC ETC[/i]

Mr Quade
[i]Sorry if my reply came over as being too aggressive, I'm only trying to figure out what questions you are asking. Your style of writing is a bit hard to follow.[/i]

That’s all good Mr Quade no need to apologise Mate

[u]The Splitter Box Issues[/u]
Part of My Post Sept 14 2019…..U4 Manual @ page 11/ Chapter 2 Installation/‘Connecting Antenna cables”

This leaves no place to connect the Sony ANTENNA IN from

Mr Quade
[i]As for the Splitter issue, you are absolutely correct, you should use an antenna Splitter from the wall, to connect the antenna to both the TV and the Wiz.
You may want to re-draw that diagram so that it depicts your AV setup so that we can assist you. Make sure you show your Wiz, Amp and TV, and all the cables between them with labelled ports.?
I will do exactly that Mr Quade Pls see Attached[/i]

Peter asked [i]I [i]don't follow. If the Beyonwiz is connected to your home network, and has its network connection configured, OpenWebif will work [/i][/i]

Peter [u]I had posted at least once “ that I had not connected and why not” so no OpenWebif?[/u]

[i]Pri [i] Not being able to format the HDD shouldn't prevent you being able to connect to the U4 using Open Webif.
[/i][/i]

this is what I meant there are several more of these [i]Thread contradictions or inaccuracies[/i] So I answered the only way i could: [i][i][u]It is when I haven’t even plugged the machine in and and tested it yet???[/u][/i][/i]
---------
Because the Update 19.3- was still in Beta mode and I already had 17.5-v beyonwizu4-20180417 was on the new Machine when it arrived in the box I had no loaded any Firmware it was already on board

I also read in this forum that I should wait and Go to 19.3-V 20190818
What do you think please GG or Mr Quade
--------------
From Today New Query's

1] I can’t find any info on how to Create a Folder in the Directory to save all my Serial TV files in and MOVE my
downloaded stuff to that folder so I can watch them at leisure

2] AND MOVE download recordings at random the recordings I want to play onto USB-S

3] How can I Delete that has Go To Black Cruze USB embedded on it and then create another Green button to normal

Regards Dazzla_1
Attachments
Beyonwiz forum Mon 07-10-2019 - 10.25 - as Requested y Mr Quade and G G Untitled.png
Beyonwiz forum Mon 07-10-2019 - 10.25 - as Requested y Mr Quade and G G Untitled.png (32.76 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 07, 2019 15:35

Thanks for that. The new diagram has clarified the Beyonwiz connections, but the other side of the diagram is still a bit confusing to me. It looks as if you have two HDMI cables going from the TV to the Onkyo which is something that you shouldn't be doing.

I assume that the "optical out" line going to the Onkyo is coming from your TV's optical out and into one of the Onkyo's optical in ports.
If you are using ARC between the TV and the Onkyo, then the optical connection *should* not be required. I highlighted "should" because In practice, ARC can act up, and optical connections will often be more reliable.

My first advice is that as long as you have enough ports available on the Onkyo, that *everything* should be connected to the Onkyo, then the Onkyo should then have a single HDMI connection to the TV (HDMI out from the Onkyo to the ARC input on your TV). This method will be more reliable and predictable as long as your Onkyo is capably of carrying 4K signals.

As for the sound but no video issue, I can think of one thing off the top of my head that can cause that, and that is a bug in the U4, when you have the Automatic Refresh rate feature enabled. When the U4 switches refresh rates, you can loose video, but the audio will keep playing in the background. The fix for that is to simply execute a skip (skip fwd or back a few seconds), and the video will come back. This bug doesn't affect all users, but I definitely see it on my setup. There is no proper fix for that bug yet, and it doesn't affect the T2, T3, T4, or V2.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:05

Thanks for that I will digest and fix my errors and carry out what you say tomorrow

i have implemented the 720 refresh rate etc ( Try This )

Onkyo [i] Optical has Two ports OUT[/i] (1) One is marked [b]CD[/b] & (2) Two Marked as [b]TV[/b] is running to the Beyonwiz

[i] Are you using HD Are you using HDMI IN 2 for input from the U4? [/i]

HDMI IN is Port TWO (2) and is ULTRA K4 should I take it from ONKYO and plug it into BWiz IN 2 for input

* HDMI IN 2 only --- So instead of Port HDMI 3 I should revert to 4K ULTRA Port 2 for BWiz

Should I attempt The 19.3 Firmware Install and Network Connect YET or Wait ??

Thanks Again for Your patience and help Mr Quade Kind Regards Dazzla_1 :)

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:55

Dazzla_1, if you want to use italic and markup, you need to make sure that "Disable BBCode" below the text input box when you compose a message is not ticked.

If you want to use markup like that, or insert links or use the forum's quote capability (which I strongly recommend you find out how to use), you need to have BBCode enabled.

You can use the Preview button below the text input box when you compose a message to check how your post will lock when you submit it.

My forum handle is not pri; it's prl :)

I also strongly recommend that you make separate posts for separate parts of the problem that you want to discuss.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:58

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:05
Onkyo Optical has Two ports OUT (1) One is marked CD & (2) Two Marked as TV is running to the Beyonwiz
Are you sure those are optical outputs on the Onkyo? Normally, an audio receiver will have multiple optical inputs and it would be rare for it to have an output.

In any case, there is no need to run optical from the Wiz to the Onkyo. All the audio from the U4 will go via HDMI along with the video.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Are you using HD Are you using HDMI IN 2 for input from the U4?

HDMI IN is Port TWO (2) and is ULTRA K4 should I take it from ONKYO and plug it into BWiz IN 2 for input
No, you don't need to worry about the HDMI-IN on the U4 for now.
(Even then, you wouldn't connect it to the TV, since the TV doesn't have any HDMI outputs).
Dazzla_1 wrote:
* HDMI IN 2 only --- So instead of Port HDMI 3 I should revert to 4K ULTRA Port 2 for BWiz
Ideally, you should plug the U4 into the Onkyo and not into the TV.

Your connections should look something like this:
Wiz Connect.png
Wiz Connect.png (22.82 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Dazzla_1 wrote:
In the long run it will be better to be at 19.3, but for now, I really feel like the physical connections between your equipment should be sorted out first, just so one problem can be addressed at a time.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 17:04

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 15:08
GG also cleared it up
I suggest that you go straight to 19.3, which is quite stable and is currently the only maintained firmware series. I will not be releasing any more updates to the 17.5 series firmware, so you'd be moving to a stable, but obsolete version.

And pri added
That may be the official line, but it's not strictly true. My installer USB drive has
The Splitter issue Mr Quade assisted ETC ETC

My "official line" comment was in this context:
prl wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 16:15
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 16:06
I had read somewhere that there must be only 1 beyonwiz folder in the top directory'

That may be the official line, but it's not strictly true. My installer USB drive has a few things at the top level, including some package installers, and its beyonwiz directory contains upgrade installers for all 5 models :)

This has nothing to do with deciding whether to run 17.5 or 19.3 firmware. It's just about the mechanics of doing any firmware upgrade from USB.

And then after the quote from me "My installer USB drive has" there are a few words in what's supposed to be quoting me that aren't from me, and have nothing to do with my point.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 17:05

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:58
... for now, I really feel like the physical connections between your equipment should be sorted out first, just so one problem can be addressed at a time.

+ so many.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 14:36

I have made the Suggested adjustments Mr Quade, Please see Attachments (2):)

1] Should it be TV ARC HDMI OUT to ONKYO TV ARC IN
OR

2] TV OPTICAL Sound OUT to ONKYO “OPTICAL Port 2 Two” --→ TV ONKYO
OR

Both together as per the Diagram?
OR

3] TV ONKYO OPTICAL 2 TWO TV

4] ONKYO 5.1 Sound System- HDMI HDCP 2.2 ONE (1) To BEYONWIZ IN TWO (2)

------------------------
I have a BWiz HDMI Splitter Should I run a Cable into the TV Port 2 TWO ULTRA K4

Or into TV Port 3 THREE TV and the another into ONKYO Direct HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port 1 ONE

TIA Dazzla_1 :)
MrQuade wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 16:58
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Onkyo Optical has Two ports OUT (1) One is marked CD & (2) Two Marked as TV is running to the Beyonwiz
Are you sure those are optical outputs on the Onkyo? Normally, an audio receiver will have multiple optical inputs and it would be rare for it to have an output.

In any case, there is no need to run optical from the Wiz to the Onkyo. All the audio from the U4 will go via HDMI along with the video.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Are you using HD Are you using HDMI IN 2 for input from the U4?

No, you don't need to worry about the HDMI-IN on the U4 for now.
(Even then, you wouldn't connect it to the TV, since the TV doesn't have any HDMI outputs).
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Ideally, you should plug the U4 into the Onkyo and not into the TV.

Your connections should look something like this:
Wiz Connect.png
Dazzla_1 wrote:
In the long run it will be better to be at 19.3, but for now, I really feel like the physical connections between your equipment should be sorted out first, just so one problem can be addressed at a time.
Attachments
Rear of BW 2019-10-16_13h18_08.jpg

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 15:24

Great to see that you're using quotes, but you need to enable BBCode on the post for them to work the way they should.

You can edit your own post and untick the Disable BBCode box at the bottom of the post to enable BBCode.

BBCode is the markup that allows font changes, quotes, coloured text, etc, to be displayed in your post.

Have you changed the setting Dazzla_1>User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit posting defaults>Enable BBCode by default to No?

The Dazzla_1 link is at the top right of every page.

If you've done that, BBCode will be disabled by default on every post.

I recommend again that you use the Preview button when you post long and or complicated posts so that you can see what will appear when you post.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Oct 16, 2019 15:27

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 14:36
You have your OUT and IN mixed around there. The TV only has HDMI inputs, and the Onkyo ARC port will be an output.

But yes, the Onkyo ARC (out) port should go to the TV's ARC input.

This cable will carry video from the Onkyo to the TV when you are using the Beyonwiz or your Bluray/DVD player.

The same cable will also carry audio from the TV back to the Onkyo if you happen to use the TV's own tuner or built in apps to watch anything.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
OR

Both together as per the Diagram?
Yes, you want both the HDMI "ARC" cable, and the optical cable.
Technically, the optical cable isn't strictly required, but treat it like an insurance policy in case the ARC function fails. ARC can sometimes be a bit finicky and may not work reliably for some people since it relies on a poorly defined communications protocol, that different manufacturers interpret in different ways.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
I have a BWiz HDMI Splitter Should I run a Cable into the TV Port 2 TWO ULTRA K4

Or into TV Port 3 THREE TV and the another into ONKYO Direct HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port 1 ONE
I'd leave that completely out of the equation for now, as it is not required for 99% of the functions of the Wiz.
You only need to connect the Wiz to the Onkyo with the HDMI cable, and then the Onkyo connects in turn to the TV. The Wiz's audio and video signals will pass out of the Wiz, into the Onkyo then onto the TV.

Once everything is hooked up for basic operation, you can then start looking at diagnosing other issues or advanced configurations.

The HDMI splitter is useful if you want to make use of the Wiz's HDMI-IN recording functions. That is, if you want to record from a DVD player, or Foxtel box, or some other media player. The splitter is not required for normal TV recording and playback.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:15

Thanks PRI I am still sorting BBC but I will master It ASAP

MR Quade, I forgot to tell you that> On Beyonwiz the Picture is Dull, and Washed out looking, very apparent compared to Live TV happened after we re located all the Cables Etc , It was Ok before something is amiss, i have set Your Menu > Settings> AV > HDMI > Disabled > Refresh Rate Multi > 720p could that be a Feature of this Dull Picture, :mrgreen:

Thanks have a Good evening Dazzla_1 :?:

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:17

MrQuade wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 15:27
Dazzla_1 wrote:
You have your OUT and IN mixed around there. The TV only has HDMI inputs, and the Onkyo ARC port will be an output.

But yes, the Onkyo ARC (out) port should go to the TV's ARC input.

The confusing thing here is that with ARC, HDMI OUT is HDMI Video Out + HDMI Audio In and HDMI IN is HDMI Video In and HDMI Audio Out.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:19

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:15
Thanks PRI I am still sorting BBC but I will master It ASAP

That's prl (or PRL if you prefer) ;)

Just leave the BBCode settings at the defaults unless you have a particular need to change them.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Oct 16, 2019 17:19

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:15
MR Quade, I forgot to tell you that> On Beyonwiz the Picture is Dull, and Washed out looking, very apparent compared to Live TV happened after we re located all the Cables Etc , It was Ok before something is amiss, i have set Your Menu > Settings> AV > HDMI > Disabled > Refresh Rate Multi > 720p could that be a Feature of this Dull Picture, :mrgreen:
A dull picture could be the result of a few things.

Firstly though, the 720p setting on the Wiz.
Both your Onkyo and the TV are 4K capable, so you can use a full 2160p resolution if you want. As long as your HDMI cables are decent quality, then that will work nicely.

You may also want to ensure that your TV is set to Enhanced HDMI mode. Go into settings, External Inputs, HDMI Signal format, and set it to enhanced.

You will also want to go into your Onkyo settings and enable the corresponding mode there too. It might be called "enhanced" mode or "Deep colour" mode, or something like that. I am not that familiar with the Onkyos.

The other thing that may affect it is the TV's picture processing mode. Each input on the TV typically has unique settings, and you can set port 1 ro look different to port 2, which is different to live TV etcetc.

It's possible that you were plugging the Wiz into a port that had a "Dynamic" picture mode enabled, and now you have the Wiz plugged into a port with a more subtle "Movie" mode enabled.
"Movie" modes give you a more accurate picture, whereas the "Dynamic" ones give you more pop and can be more appealing to some people.
However, it may be possible that your picture is actually excessively washed out and not just "less poppy" than before. It's hard to say without having seen it :).

Actually, I was suffering from washed out colours a few months ago, but that was the result of a bug in my TV firmware, that ONLY affected the Beyonwiz U4 oddly enough. The fix for me was to switch from 2160p to 1080p mode, and that didn't trigger the TV's bug. The TV firmware is now fixed though, so I have gone back to 2160p.

Dazzla_1
Master

Re: Connected U4 as you advised

Post by Dazzla_1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 15:42

Good afternoon Mr Quade I have connected all as you have advised,
1] ARC ONKYO TV OUT ---> TV ARC HDMI
Together
2] TV OPTICAL Sound OUT --→ ONKYO “OPTICAL Port TV 2 Two”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3] ONKYO (BD/DVD) HDMI [size=85]HDCP 2.2[/size] Port (1) --→ to the Beyonwiz OUT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re; AV Settings > HDMI-1080 > Auto Resolution - OFF > Mode- 720 Default > Delay 2000 > Display 4.3 - Auto > Display 16.9 - Auto - I cannot find 2160?
I was on 2160 the other day probably when I had the Cable to the [b]TV[/b] [b]Ultra 4K [/b]HDMI Port two (2) to the Onkyo as HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port 2 Two and I removed it" do you mean that Onkyo and the TV both being 4K that I can connect to the Ultra 4K HDMI Port 2 to [u]Onkyo HDMI HDCP 2.2 TV Port 4[/u]down the track ?

Wiz > EPG to record > Green button > Pick Timer > It does but' how can I bypass the 'Details Menu' that pops up next every time I create a Timer" as in a Casual, one off recording not a Permanent Timer?

is the 19.3 F/W Upgrade any closer Once again thank you all My Kindest Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 25, 2019 17:25

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 15:42
Wiz > EPG to record > Green button > Pick Timer > It does but' how can I bypass the 'Details Menu' that pops up next every time I create a Timer" as in a Casual, one off recording not a Permanent Timer?

Press REC on the EPG entry, then press GREEN (or OK).

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 25, 2019 17:44

Dazzla_1 wrote:

OK, but you don't seem to have said anything about what happened when you did that.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
3] ONKYO (BD/DVD) HDMI [size=85]HDCP 2.2[/size] Port (1) --→ to the Beyonwiz OUT

You're still using BBCode markup (for text size there), but not enabling BBCode in the post.

That should look like this when BBCode is enabled.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
3] ONKYO (BD/DVD) HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port (1) --→ to the Beyonwiz OUT
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 16:19

[quote=prl post_id=182319 time=1571989442 user_id=939]
[quote=Dazzla_1 post_id=182313 time=1571982123 user_id=125733]
"Ideally, you should plug the U4 into the Onkyo and not into the TV.
Your connections should look something like this "

[/quote]

[i]OK, but you don't seem to have said anything about what happened when you did that.[/i]

I thought you were following these issues Post's Peter? It's over a month long but it's easy to see why. Did you scroll back to see all these issues and what Mr Quade and others had advised me to do. If you scroll back through the posts you will see that Mr Quade advised me about how to fix my connection issues [i]so many[/i] I think you Quoted.

It's detailed in over 20 posts in this Forum' why and how the Posts between Mr Quade, and myself eventuated Re the best way to hook-up my BWiz U4 by going direct to ONKYO ---> please see Mr Quade's Diagram?

I was informing him that I had complied and I detailed in my last exactly how and what I did' I followed his instructions? And did he think that[i] further down the track [/i] I could revisit my connecting back to my TV Ultra 4K TV Port 2 and back to Onkyo HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port 2 [i] was feasible [/i]

and what was next Re Firmware Upgrade 19.3 I also asked him for help re the: Create a Timer > Green Button > Details list keeps "defaulting" coming up

hope that explains it for you Peter Dazzla_1
Attachments
text_316.txt
(244 Bytes) Downloaded 21 times

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 26, 2019 16:33

OK. Thanks.

You've still not enabled BBCode on your post.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Oct 26, 2019 17:20

Dazzla_1 wrote:

Re; AV Settings > HDMI-1080 > Auto Resolution - OFF > Mode- 720 Default > Delay 2000 > Display 4.3 - Auto > Display 16.9 - Auto - I cannot find 2160?
I was on 2160 the other day probably when I had the Cable to the TV Ultra 4K HDMI Port two (2) to the Onkyo as HDMI HDCP 2.2 Port 2 Two and I removed it" do you mean that Onkyo and the TV both being 4K that I can connect to the Ultra 4K HDMI Port 2 to Onkyo HDMI HDCP 2.2 TV Port 4down the track ?
Your TV only needs to connect to the Onkyo with a single HDMI port, and the correct port to use is the TV's ARC port to the Onkyo's HDMI-OUT.
The TV shouldnt be connected to any of the Onkyo HDMI inputs...that simply won't do anything.

If you now lack any 2160p options, then it may be because you have turned off the "Deep Colour" setting on your TV perhaps. Usually that only restricts your ability to use the HDR modes, but perhaps there is another similar setting on your TV.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 14:17

If you now lack any 2160p options, then it may be because you have turned off the "Deep Colour" setting on your TV perhaps. Usually that only restricts your ability to use the HDR modes, but perhaps there is another similar setting on your TV.

Good Afternoon Mr Quade re your second answer in your last reply to my 2160 question, I will re-visit that' the only hitch is that' it's [i](I believe) [/i] how I got rid of the Dull, Watery Picture on TV Or BWiz" I changed Display - Vivid to General and OR - Fixed to Common or Current? I will check on it Thanks again Mr Quade Regards Dazzla_1 :)

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Dazzla_1
Master

My New U4 has finally Died or at the least is a very sick Unit

Post by Dazzla_1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 16:06

Good afternoon have finally given up on this U4 I had serious doubts which I expressed from the first flick of the switch (please see my first post Wednesday 18th of September, I had informed Jai and the Forum I had purchased the machine in November 2018 but have not installed it until now puzzled as to why and how a new Machine HDD has obsolete[i] Firmware installed 17.5 V-20180417[/i] because according to the U4 booklet’ I should not have had to Format the HDD on a new machine - a new machine has no firmware installed let alone it being superseded and from there it all began one thing then another post after post on the Forums to get help over 7 weeks and it’s a sick puppy
Note I also had access to the SimplyUnplug App even though I am not connected to MyNetwork because it was Old firmware …but now that’s also Gone?
It had been showing on BWiz FPD “DVB Service” since 1400 Wednesday until 0230 am this morning when I discovered a whole lot of trouble because I was so stuck and disappointed that I could not move either way so I decided a Factory Re-Set was the go to be the last straw’ before I sent it back to Beyonwiz for a full refund as being DOA but instead it is still sitting here with just a blank TV screen saying HDMI 1 (ARC Port 1 TV) --→> ARC Port Out on the Onkyo Home theater when it should be playing the Beyonwiz it still brings up BWiz -→> Menu --> Setup → AV etc on the TV screen and Onkyo s ---> and Port 1 in --> HDMI HDCP 2.2 "Appliable" direct to to --→ BWiz OUT

This has caused me to wonder if my Machine was returned for repairs after being Bricked and inadvertently sold to me instead of a New U4
The remote is still an uncertainty from the first use So I bought A Logitech Harmony 650

These are the posts of the Issue’s I have had since the First Initial Start-up of my U4 Beyonwiz
• Wed Sept 11 2019 / When to Install the April 2019 Firmware Update on New U4
• Wed Sept 18 2019 / Connecting new U4 Format HDD issues and Cable Hook up
• Mon Sept 30 2019 / Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files
I also wrote to Jai last week and as yet I’ve had no reply Mr Quade, G Geoff, PeterU and prl have helped me
I also spoke to Jai on the [i]9th of Sept[/i] when I was ready to connect the U4, up until then I had a Topfield Masterpiece 2400 for 8 years

These are the Bug reports from the failed "Factory Reset" as well as all the others in the below mentioned Posts :?
• trace-back failure, with no name
• twisted internet error connection
• font panel display says “DVB services” mode
• The Clock and Date are way out: Thursday 01 January 1970 1006 AM
• THE actual correct Date and Time was 31st October 03.26
• Is this remote Okay? --- 2 Choices “NO or YES” while counting down from 30 seconds
• the NO or YES is locked in at “NO”
• there is no enigma file 2 asks “WHY”
• run service test shutdown
• exception in Python start-up code
• Line 280 Shutdown
• Line 673 Shutdown
• Line 591 ????
• Error: ‘ERMO 28’
• No space left on Device

Whats “DVB Service” in the FPD when Beyonwiz is on in standby?

If someone can please tell me who to contact about a Refund there are so many in the list I will forward this to Jai and to Beyonwiz Admin :| :|

HQ Administrators All forums
Site AdminWiz Support Regards Dazzla_1 :|
Attachments
text_329.txt
(116 Bytes) Downloaded 26 times
text_328.txt
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
text_327.txt
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Re: My New U4 has finally Died or at the least is a very sick Unit

Post by prl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 18:13

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 16:06

That will happen if there are no channels scanned an you have no network connection on the Beyonwiz. 00:00:00 1 Jan 1970 is the Unix "beginning of time", and that time is local time for 6 minutes after that.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: My New U4 has finally Died or at the least is a very sick Unit

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Oct 31, 2019 18:54

"My New U4 has finally Died or at the least is a very sick Unit"
Where to begin?
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Good afternoon have finally given up on this U4 I had serious doubts which I expressed from the first flick of the switch (please see my first post Wednesday 18th of September, I had informed Jai and the Forum I had purchased the machine in November 2018 but have not installed it until now puzzled as to why and how a new Machine HDD has obsolete Firmware installed 17.5 V-20180417 because according to the U4 booklet’ I should not have had to Format the HDD on a new machine - a new machine has no firmware installed let alone it being superseded

Firmware isn't written to the HDD. The Firmware is written to flash memory. If you took the HDD out of your U4 it'll still boot up.
Beyonwiz will occasionally send out units with the current production firmware already installed. Sometimes they send out a virgin machine and supply a USB thumb drive containing the current production firmware for the owner to install.
Thus, I don't believe it's at all relevant as to whether it came with firmware or not.
Regardless, the 17.5 series 20180417 firmware was not obsolete in November 2018 when you purchased your U4. It was the then current production firmware release.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
and from there it all began one thing then another post after post on the Forums to get help over 7 weeks and it’s a sick puppy

Perhaps you're correct, but I'm yet to be convinced.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Note I also had access to the SimplyUnplug App even though I am not connected to MyNetwork because it was Old firmware …but now that’s also Gone?

That's not the plugins name, so if that's what you've been looking for then I'm not surprised it can't be found. The plugin is named 'SimpleUmount'.
You've previously been advised that depending on firmware versions, it's either attached to the live TV BLUE extensions menu (i.e. press BLUE when a TV broadcast service is playing) in 20180417 or earlier f/w, or in later f/w it's in the Plugins column in the main menu and also in the Plugin sub-menu.
If it really has gone, then you've manually deleted it.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
It had been showing on BWiz FPD “DVB Service” since 1400 Wednesday until 0230 am this morning when I discovered a whole lot of trouble because I was so stuck and disappointed that I could not move either way so I decided a Factory Re-Set was the go to be the last straw’ before I sent it back to Beyonwiz for a full refund as being DOA but instead it is still sitting here with just a blank TV screen saying HDMI 1 (ARC Port 1 TV) --?> ARC Port Out on the Onkyo Home theater when it should be playing the Beyonwiz it still brings up BWiz -?> Menu --> Setup ? AV etc on the TV screen and Onkyo s ---> and Port 1 in --> HDMI HDCP 2.2 "Appliable" direct to to --? BWiz OUT

You need to forget about the Onkyo receiver for the moment, until you sort out the U4. That is, unless you've chucked your toys out of the pram in which case this post is irrelevant.
You've previously been advised by others to sort out one issue at a time.
Plug the U4 straight to the TV and leave it like that until it's operating to your satisfaction. Once that state has been achieved, then connect via your receiver.
I don't know what “DVB Service” displayed on the front panel means. I'm guessing something to do with you factory resetting the U4. If you've got no services scanned then there'll be no live TV showing, and if you switched the TV inputs "late" in the startup cycle then you'll not even see the "bubbles" screen - you'll just initially see the spinner on a blank screen, then the spinner will disappear. You do say the menu works.

Dazzla_1 wrote:
These are the posts of the Issue’s I have had since the First Initial Start-up of my U4 Beyonwiz
• Wed Sept 11 2019 / When to Install the April 2019 Firmware Update on New U4
• Wed Sept 18 2019 / Connecting new U4 Format HDD issues and Cable Hook up
• Mon Sept 30 2019 / Recordings on USB Cannot open the USB in the Directory Cannot access any Files

I think these are mostly user issues. What system issues did I miss there?

Dazzla_1 wrote:
These are the Bug reports from the failed "Factory Reset" as well as all the others in the below mentioned Posts :?
• trace-back failure, with no name
• twisted internet error connection

Not enough information to help with the above two
Dazzla_1 wrote:
• font panel display says “DVB services” mode

I'm guessing no services scanned
Dazzla_1 wrote:

I'd expect that if you've no services scanned (and the U4 is not connected to your home network)
Dazzla_1 wrote:
• Is this remote Okay? --- 2 Choices “NO or YES” while counting down from 30 seconds

I'd expect that if you're changing remote codes
Dazzla_1 wrote:
• the NO or YES is locked in at “NO”

I'd expect that if you're attempting to change remote codes to a codeset that the remote in your hand isn't setup for.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
• there is no enigma file 2 asks “WHY”
• run service test shutdown
• exception in Python start-up code
• Line 280 Shutdown
• Line 673 Shutdown
• Line 591 ????
• Error: ‘ERMO 28’

Not enough information to help with those above
Dazzla_1 wrote:
• No space left on Device

Perhaps this is referring to flash memory.

My advice to you, if you want to take it, is -
Connect your U4 straight to your TV
Load either of these two 19.3 series firmwares:
The "stable" 20190818 firmware (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13422&start=200#p181151)
The latest 20191022 firmware (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13422&start=250#p182239)
Then setup from scratch.
Once setup, test out your usual uses of the PVR. take it for a run around the block a few times.
Then setup the network connection.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 16:20

Thanks Gully, and nobody hates this more than I do. Having said that Geoff has helped me on many Occasions and for that I am Grateful
turns out and I only Discovered last night that SimpleU is a Program and its there for all to see on the new F/ware it was not there on MY original F/ware being 17.5 IF you know where to look’ how to get to it, and know you don’t have to be Connected to use it as it is not a Plugin and all this time all this hassle and for what?
I have entered some more of my thoughts to Geoffrey at the bottom of this post
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Okay Guys whilst Understanding some of your above?

Before I try what you suggest, do you think it would be better if I hear back from you Guys about the following as well? I have another glitch AT:

it says:

Red Button - Delete

Blue Button -- Sort

Thanks again to you all regards Dazzla_1
So Geoffrey you tried to help and did so several times Re Media Directories AFAIK ETC ..but I missed it' your words SimpleU? My Fault and my sincere apologies to you especially and also to prl
Aas you can now see this is whats been happening for 3 months me getting more frustrated about the Net and SimpleU and you all thinking I was on the same page. It's my Fault I missed the above instruction's I took the word Plugin as Downloading, not a preinstalled Program, as it is on the Topfield's as Menu ---> Safely Remove USB--> remove USB Yes/No

I have never heard of SimplyUmount before and all this stuff is not documented in my mind I should not have ask about something Like that from You Geoffrey or anyone here it should be in the Pub Counter-Lunch menu Re --->Blue Button---> SimpleU I hope you take this in the sincerity that it is meant Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Dec 12, 2019 17:05

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 16:20
Thanks Gully, and nobody hates this more than I do.
You are welcome and glad to see we are getting back on the same page.

No one here minds any question but as prl is fond of saying we aren't mind readers so we do need all the details and answers to anything we ask even if it is another question asking to make it clearer.

It is easy to get caught in the language around the Beyonwiz but we all try and make it as plain as possible.
Cheers
Gully

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Dec 12, 2019 17:06

Quite a lot of the functionality of the V2 is done by plugins. Dozens and dozens of plugins come pre-installed on the USB stick and will be ready for use on fresh firmware without having to download anything.

The base firmware is a framework and all the functions plug-in like Lego to make a functioning system.

Autotimers are a plugin, the web interface is a plugin, the media player is a plugin, the video editor is a plugin etc....

Return to “General Topics”