problem setting Autotimers for 2016 Australian open tennis

Moderators: Gully, peteru

fosssil
Master

problem setting Autotimers for 2016 Australian open tennis

Post by fosssil » Tue Jan 19, 2016 18:40

Hi, I have had a look for this and have found nothing, but that does not mean its not here..

I seem to be having a problem trying to set Autotimers for the 2016 Australian Open Tennis on both Ch 7 and Ch 7 two at the same name and similar but not the same, tIme slot...

I guess its a problem caused by the different program entries on 7 and 7 two being called the same name .. Is there a setting I can change so tennis programs with the same Name can be recorded on different Channels? I suppose even my padding might be a problem...

any advice appreciated

fosss

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: problem setting Autotimers for 2016 Australian open tenn

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:31

Hi fosss,

Is this what you want - all Australian Open programs recorded on 7, 7TWO and 7mate?
I use IceTV for my EPG data, and it names the programs as "Tennis: Australian Open"

Cheers
Geoff
Attachments
AT-Tennis.png

fosssil
Master

Post by fosssil » Wed Jan 20, 2016 08:21

Hi Geoff... I might try just setting for the word Tennis and see wat is propagated.. fosss

jazza
Master

Post by jazza » Thu Jan 21, 2016 08:03

Hi Fosss

I set up all the tennis for mum recently, basically I was aiming to at least capture all full matches and if possible drop any highlights programs.

Not being a tennis fan, I had a bit of a Google and found this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_ ... _Australia

It gave me s great start for what to be looking for in a program name and what channel it was likely to be on (I tend to just use fav bouquet for any ATs).

If you have the program name and aren't sure just tell the AT to record all instances.

I'm unable to check these ATs to see their success rate but I think the URL above will also help me with setting initial ATs for other (motor) sports etc allowing me to fine tune later as programs start to get captured (using recorded epg data).

Hope this helps others too.

fosssil
Master

Post by fosssil » Thu Jan 21, 2016 08:35

thanks jazza, I have just read your post .. I will check it out .. setting it to record "tennis " seems to have worked OK also.. fosss

Return to “General Topics”