Networked folder very slow to respond

PC, Mac and Linux Networking Hints and Tips.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

thewally
Apprentice

Networked folder very slow to respond

Post by thewally » Fri Jan 03, 2014 19:27

I have access to a PC via Ethernet, can scan and locate it, browse folders and play files. All good. The sometimes the next day I'll try to play or browse the same PC but each step takes about 30 seconds. Ie, if I can see the desktop folder and click on it to open it up it takes 30 seconds to open.
Sometimes I can clear all PC's and rescan to solve it, but sometimes the PC doesn't get removed and even if I disable networking it remains in the list. In the end I have to restart the BW.
Any ideas?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:36

Hi Thewally,

I have seen these delays from time to time. I have a very stable network with fixed IPs. This issue occasionally appears and then just as quickly goes away. I have never bothered to investigate as by the time I try to find the problem it has already cleared up. It looks to me like some sort of timeout issue when first connecting to the server. It could be at the PC, NAS or Beyonwiz end of the connection.

Other than a short delay on the first connection this has never caused an error or any other issue.

Regards,
Ian.

thewally
Apprentice

Re: Networked folder very slow to respond

Post by thewally » Tue May 06, 2014 09:59

I know this goes a while back but it's still annoying me!
I reinstalled the firmware and it really seemed to solve the problem and I was able to browse the folders on my PC at will. But after a few weeks it started to do it again. It only seems to do it on this machine (i have another DP-S1 for the kids, though I don't browse the PC much with it).
Any further comments/ideas?

Return to “Networking your Beyonwiz DP Series”