How to program remote control

Moderators: Gully, peteru

andrewch
Apprentice

How to program remote control

Post by andrewch » Fri Aug 28, 2015 22:01

Hi guys,

Just received my t2 and trying to program a code for my TV in.

I think I'm understanding the instructions

1. Turn tv on
2. Hold TV button for more than 3 seconds until stb and TV flicker
3. Enter code

My problem is that no matter how long I hold the tv button they never flicker. I've noticed a TV button at the bottom of the remote but that's given me no better result. I've held both buttons for up to 30 seconds. Replaced the batteries too.

I've noticed that the there is two switches under the upper TV button and I've tried various lengths of time only depressing one at a time and also both simultaneously.

Any ideas? Does the remote have this function?

Thanks
Beyonwiz T2

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: How to program remote control

Post by MrQuade » Fri Aug 28, 2015 22:10

The instructions for the remote control may be more directed towards the T4 remote, which has the same layout as the T2 remote, but has the added feature of backlighting. I am not sure if the T2 remote *can* flash as it doesn't have a backlight.

The TV button that the instructions refer to is the TV button at the top of the remote, not the bottom.

Perhaps you can follow the instructions to the letter, but without the feedback of the flashing remote?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 28, 2015 22:56

MrQuade wrote:Even though this section is called "Remote Controls", it is intended for DP series support rather than T series support.
Moved now.
MrQuade wrote:... In any case, the instructions for the remote control may be more directed towards the T4 remote,
The sequence in the manuals for setting the T2 and T4 TV code sets are quite different. The T2 is "hold TV for more than 3 sec and TV LED flashes, then enter 4-digit code". The sequence for the T4 is "turn TV on, hold TV and OK until TV LED is on steady, then enter 3-digit codes until the TV turns off, and then OK to confirm the correct code entry".
MrQuade wrote:[The T4 remote] has the same layout as the T2 remote, but has the added feature of backlighting. I am not sure if the T2 remote *can* flash as it doesn't have a backlight. ...
Why not? The red LEDs in the T4 remote's TV and STB buttons are switched separately from the amber backlighting LEDs. The T3 remote also has LEDs under the TV and STB buttons, and it has no backlight.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a T2 remote with my beta T2, so I can't test on an original T2 remote.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

andrewch
Apprentice

Post by andrewch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 09:22

MrQuade wrote: The TV button that the instructions refer to is the TV button at the top of the remote, not the bottom.
Thanks. That's correct. I wouldn't have even found the one at the bottom if it didn't take me this long! :D
prl wrote:Moved now.
Thanks
prl wrote:The sequence in the manuals for setting the T2 and T4 TV code sets are quite different. The T2 is "hold TV for more than 3 sec and TV LED flashes, then enter 4-digit code". The sequence for the T4 is "turn TV on, hold TV and OK until TV LED is on steady, then enter 3-digit codes until the TV turns off, and then OK to confirm the correct code entry".
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise the sequence between the two was different. However the instructions for the t4 have been successful for me. Maybe the remote that ships has changed.

I also noticed the instructions on the downloadable manual for the T2have the T4 instructions that you described

Thank for the replies! Now I'll plug the thing in!!!
Beyonwiz T2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:11

Glad you got it sorted. I have no idea why the T2 manual has the wrong instructions for your remote.

The remote setup instructions for the T4 remote are in the downloadable version of the T4 manual, on the Beyonwiz Downloads page.

I've asked Jai (Wiz HQ) at Beyonwiz to send genuine T2 remotes to the beta testers who have beta T2s without the production remote. That includes me, and, I think, MrQuade.

Hopefully we'll be in a better position to answer questions like this in the near future.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

andrewch
Apprentice

Post by andrewch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24

Cheers mate. All sorted.

There is a sticker on the manual that was sent to me saying that there are some errors. I didn't notice it till after I posted.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks. Great community.
Beyonwiz T2

Return to “Accessories (USB Tuner, Keyboards, Wifi Dongles)”