USB Tuner no longer working U4

Moderators: Gully, peteru

KGL
Master

USB Tuner no longer working U4

Post by KGL » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33

Recently I have found blank recordings and have found that my USB tuner is no longer working. I have checked the connections but still not working.
The TV screen shows the name of the current programme when on the USB Tuner (D) but there is no image.

Are there any diagnostics I should follow to test the tuner or do I just go ahead and buy a replacement?

On the BW website there is listed the item: "Single USB Tuner for V2 – also works with T2 and T3". Is this suitable for the U4? Or are there any other USB tuners recommended?

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: USB Tuner no longer working U4

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Apr 10, 2020 13:42

Shut down the U4 to deep standby.
Remove the USB tuner and its cabling. Then re-insert and recable. Power on the Wiz.
Once the GUI has started, bring up MENU>>Information>>Devices - does it show the USB tuner / tuner D connected and mode of DVB-T?
If yes, test the tuner by setting it as preferred - set MENU>>Setup>>Tuners>>Tuner allocation>>Preferred tuner to 'Tuner D', GREEN/Save.
Exit back to live TV, then zap to a different broadcaster than currently in use for live TV, as this'll force a retune and use of the USB (preferred) tuner.
Got a signal? Yes, then press OK to bring up the infobar and note the signal strength (top) and quality (bottom) readings.
If you haven't got a signal, then check your cabling. Try plugging the USB tuner antenna adapter cable into the Tuner 1 (A/B) output and retest.

Reset the preferred tuner back to 'auto'.

If you're still having issues, confirm the USB port is working.

KGL
Master

Re: USB Tuner no longer working U4

Post by KGL » Fri Apr 10, 2020 15:43

Got a signal? Yes, then press OK to bring up the infobar and note the signal strength (top) and quality (bottom) readings.
All good after doing this. Got 100% on both bars.
I reset the preferred channel to auto and did one last check by recording over 3 channels and getting a signal on a fourth.

Thanks for the clear instructions

Return to “Accessories (USB Tuner, Keyboards, Wifi Dongles)”